Tuna-Why aren't they that "important"

myeroboman

i was cooking some raw tuna, and i realized something. Noone buys tuna. Though they may heal 2 less than lobsters, still. Tuna are cheaper and in a way offer more xp for the dollar. raw tuna cost 100ea and offer 100xp ea when cooked. raw lobsters cost 240ea and give 120xp ea. If you calculate it. tuna offer 1xp per gp, while lobsters offer 1xp for every 2 gp. That pretty much means that you could buy 240k worth of raw lobsters, and 240k worth of raw tuna, and the tuna would give twice as much xp as the lobsters. plus, the tuna stop burning at lvl68 while lobsters stop burning at lvl74. Tuna cost less, burn less, and give more xp for the gp. Though lobsters may have more "fame" and are sold more than tuna, tuna are still better than lobsters. That's one main reason that i'm ditching the lobsters, and relying on them.

icewarswa2.png

my other tip.it thing which i just found out the p/w to is myeman60...

i was cooking some raw tuna, and i realized something. Noone buys tuna. Though they may heal 2 less than lobsters, still. Tuna are cheaper and in a way offer more xp for the dollar. raw tuna cost 100ea and offer 100xp ea when cooked. raw lobsters cost 240ea and give 120xp ea. If you calculate it. tuna offer 1xp per gp, while lobsters offer 1xp for every 2 gp. That pretty much means that you could buy 240k worth of raw lobsters, and 240k worth of raw tuna, and the tuna would give twice as much xp as the lobsters. plus, the tuna stop burning at lvl68 while lobsters stop burning at lvl74. Tuna cost less, burn less, and give more xp for the gp. Though lobsters may have more "fame" and are sold more than tuna, tuna are still better than lobsters. That's one main reason that i'm ditching the lobsters, and relying on them.

I agree, Lobsters are way overrated. More overrated than Swordfish also!

Furthermore, You are completely correct. I never use tuna, But I found out its greatness when My friend gave me some, And I found out it gave 10health, Never cooked then much though. People should be greatful for the tuna

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Fishers are mainly based on the concept that there's simply no point in banking tuna at all, where they might as well spend more time getting swordfish which should be worth more money. Therefore, the initial demand for tuna continues to decline and not one fisher cares to restore it and more fishers flock to swordfish. Today, no one buys tuna because they know it's near impossible to find some1 selling in bulk of it. :|

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

lol...i am shocked by the amount of people that agree with me. when i brought this up with some of my friends on runescape, they told me that it wasn't that important, and that lobbies are better..lol..

icewarswa2.png

my other tip.it thing which i just found out the p/w to is myeman60...

for whatever reason, certain fishies are over-rated, but since when u fish lobbies, u only get lobbies, it makes it a lot easier to get a ful load of what u want.

yodaxq1.jpg

There's no such thing as "wireless." Just really long extension cords.

I think lobsters are easier to catch than tuna. When your catching lobsters you only get lobsters, whereas with tuna you get the swordfish as well.

From a pking perspective lobsters are better because they heal 2more than tuna & those add up. Now you must be thinking why not swordfish then? Not many people sell them because they are harder to catch & those who do sell them charge a lot.

Lobsters fall in between tuna & swordfish & have lot of supply because they are easy to catch.

I hope I'm making sense... :XD:

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

The reason is that EVERYONE is buying and selling lobsters. If everyone bought and sold tunas, then you would say lobsters are underestimated.

It's the law of offer and demand, you can't discuss it. :shame:

I'm back.

The only reason in which why Tuna is significantly lower than lobster is that there is less of a demand of them. The majority of raw lobsters come in to be cooked, mostly to obtain 99 cooking. You don't see much people buying cooked tuna, although you would get way more experience by cooking tuna instead of lobsters in terms of price. Usually people buy raw lobsters, cook it, and sell it at an equal or lower price. The laws of Supply & Demand.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Fishers are mainly based on the concept that there's simply no point in banking tuna at all, where they might as well spend more time getting swordfish which should be worth more money. Therefore, the initial demand for tuna continues to decline and not one fisher cares to restore it and more fishers flock to swordfish. Today, no one buys tuna because they know it's near impossible to find some1 selling in bulk of it. :|

thats basically it, cuz tuna comes with swordies, and if u got a tuna and a swordy in ur invent, ud most likely jsut drop the tuna for another swordy for 3x the cash

-for that reason no1 ever has a lot of tuna

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

thing is, it just takes more time, and people are impatient lol.

I want my tuna now!

As soon as you cut my milk.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

thing is, it just takes more time, and people are impatient lol.

I want my tuna now!

As soon as you cut my milk.

Haha

Its simple really like someone has already said. More demand in both F2P and P2P for lobsters!

Jaskkes.png

I rather use food that I caugh with my harpoon to trian, I mean I'm not a pure :|

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

• 2 weeks later...

the best answer is-no1 has tuna

this is because getting lobsters is much faster for xp and money when it comes to having to drop the tuna which comes 2/3 of the time when trying to catch swordfish

and also ur calculations are wrong, ur not counting that u can resell the cooked fish, 100 gp per raw tuna, then resell at 100 gp at the most-which would take forever cuz no1 is buying

lobsters-buy 250-resell 220-230 or sumthing, more gp lost, but much more easy to obtain and resell-also faster xp

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

The problem with Tuna, at least in F2P.

1. It's as far away (boat trip or deep wildy) as anything better.

2. While it heals only 2 less than Lobster, it's only 1 more than Salmon

On the other hand, you can often find a great Tuna stock at the Karamja store, raw or cooked, ideal if you want reasonably potent food without fishing it, and great for cooking level if you cook it - but another reason why there is little player market for Tuna, those who know what great value it is, are probaly buying it there.

Made me think though, instead of cook and store dumping the tuna (bottomed out at 10gp a piece), maybe I should take it back with me as well as the swordfish, though I usually scrape up some Trout/salmon for lower level workouts.

I use tuna all the time whenever I am leveling up my fishing/cooking level in the Fishing Guild/Lumbridge Castle range.

I figure out how many sharks I will need to level up and bank EVERY fish I catch. Once I reach half of my required sharks I then home tele and cook them, this includes tuna, swordfish and sharks. It is a good method without wasting time dropping every single tuna. It also usually gets my cooking level up instead of having sharks only.

Have not reached lvl 99 cooking or fishing yet. Nor am I member again yet.

I think lobsters are easier to catch than tuna. When your catching lobsters you only get lobsters, whereas with tuna you get the swordfish as well.

From a pking perspective lobsters are better because they heal 2more than tuna & those add up. Now you must be thinking why not swordfish then? Not many people sell them because they are harder to catch & those who do sell them charge a lot.

Lobsters fall in between tuna & swordfish & have lot of supply because they are easy to catch.

I hope I'm making sense... :XD:

I got more swordies than tunas...once i got full load of swordies if wasn't like 4-5 tunas

blackmhween06,Zurutius.gif

My stats

siggymv6.png

Quited RuneScape-17 July 2007, Still fighting for f2p rights