Starting over, anyone ever think about it? UPDATE

Mucky

I've started over before, Life ain't my first name. I got to lvl 40 on f2p when it was hard.

In my experience, it's not worth it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erkid"]Nah no account name is as sexy as [bleep]erkid. The rest would be wanna-be's.

I challange thee to a duel sire to protect your name sake... be it blades, pistols or fisticuffs?

*JimmyMcNabb slaps [bleep]erkid in the face with a glove*

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

erkid"]Nah no account name is as sexy as [bleep]erkid. The rest would be wanna-be's.

I challange thee to a duel sire to protect your name sake... be it blades, pistols or fisticuffs?

*JimmyMcNabb slaps [bleep]erkid in the face with a glove*

Thats just damn rude, to make it all worthwhile I'd make off with his mistress whilst he was recovering from my glove slapping escapade

Sig.jpg

I have contemplated on starting over. I do have a f2p account that is a pure skiller, but when I think about, I do have the distinct advantage for knowing the fastest way for alot of things. I could never actually start over but it would be a fun thought.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

A couple months ago I thought of just completely whiping out my bank and start it all over. I still think about it. I might just make some wannabe F2P main. If that is any cool I might make it a members account.

I just started over, I'm lvl 3 with 30 mining and 30 smithing. mined 600 tin and copper. smithed em into 600 bars, sold the bars at 200 ea bought an addy and rune pic, now I'm mining iron. After I get 5k iron ores I'll buy a bunch of rings of forging and smelt all of the bars, after I smelt them i'll smith them into iron knives and then sell those for profit. I like the idea of starting fresh, and so far after a few hours of playing, I'm worth 120k and can't see why any noob needs to complain or beg, money isn't hard to come by.

Once I get 10m on this account from smithing/mining/rcing I'll become a barrows staker and make money staking, and from there this account will turn into a new main.

*edit*why do noobs complain and beg, i made 120 in a couple of hours w/ no drop trading, starting from scratch.

tifsbti6oi.gif

At like 90 cb, I thought about starting over because I didn't like (and still don't) my name, but then I forgot about it and didn't think about 110 cb, and by then it was too late

other then that, theres no real point to me starting over

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Nah I will never start over or create a pure/skiller/staker ever! Reason being why waste time on new accounts when you can improve you main?

I got the perfect name, decent stats, really good knowledge of runescape, awesome friends, and I never get bored <3:

I so wish I could forget EVERYTHING I know about Runescape and start over :) The real fun part In runescape (for me) was discovering new things, new way to do things more efficiently..

Sadly thats impossible.. :( (Damn you brain!)

edit: Like zot_mutske said, starting over right now would be pretty pointless since we know ways to get ourselves above the average players of our level in no time..

I totally agree.

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

I did feel this way, and I started a self sufficient staker.

That's exactly what I'm doing. After I get smithing/mining to 85(cuz that's fun to me and RS is about fun)I'll sell rune bars, or start RCing to 91. By that time I'll be able to support staking, whether as my main way of money making, or for fun. If I die and lose it all, I'll go back to smithing and RCing.

tifsbti6oi.gif

yeah, when i quit skateboarding lol

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

well what i would want to do is start completely over being not even knowing how to play.. (those first couple of years were such a blast just trying to figure out how to play the game)

but now everything is just sooooooooo boring i cant help it

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Hell no. I've worked way too hard on this account to just start from scratch. Discovering stuff was an awesome part of the game, no doubt, but it was sense of wanting to become the best that kept me going. I remember as a level 3 checking out the cool 20's in mith. Then, I hit that in the 20's and saw all the cool level 50's in their extremely expensive rune sets. SO I got the stat requirements, and fished 1.2K lobbies, because back then 200K was like, rich. Ten I saw all the high-leveled 90's in their Barrows, the best armor in the game, then I really started working. Look at me now.

Hell, I ain't done yet. I still do it. Now I look at the 100+'s in their awesome skill capes and santas, masks, and partyhats. I wanna be of 'em now.

There's always a new goal, even when you hit the #1 spot. I think that startign over would just discourage me from trying again.

Well on my level 3 I can make 650k a day easily using skills. Completely self-sufficient, and he's only 2 days old. This makes me ask, why do noobs beg, when it's so easy for them to become rich. There is nothing anyone lvl 60 and under could possibly need that 650k a day won't bring them. I'm going to save all this money, soon move onto the next step of what I'm doing and be making a mill a day, after that I'll get my staking stats and this character, will have been built from the ground up into a perfect staker. No drop trading/buying money/help from anyone. I think that if you're bored of RS this is a great way to have fun.

tifsbti6oi.gif

yeah and i've started over two times, the first time since i just really wanted to make a new character.. :wall:

but the third time was after i had quit for a long time and I felt like I needed to make a new character to get a feel for the game again.

:D

but now i would never start over because i really am happy with my stats and my character and the way i play it..

but basically, if you want to start over, just do it. 8-)

blackmbnaval,Novafallen.gif

Making natures for life

never, whats the point? you use up more names for....nothing?

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

Well on my level 3 I can make 650k a day easily using skills. Completely self-sufficient, and he's only 2 days old. This makes me ask, why do noobs beg, when it's so easy for them to become rich. There is nothing anyone lvl 60 and under could possibly need that 650k a day won't bring them. I'm going to save all this money, soon move onto the next step of what I'm doing and be making a mill a day, after that I'll get my staking stats and this character, will have been built from the ground up into a perfect staker. No drop trading/buying money/help from anyone. I think that if you're bored of RS this is a great way to have fun.

I make more then that in an hour.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.