Starting over, anyone ever think about it? UPDATE

Mucky

I started playing runescape sometime in that first year. My stats are not great but they are not bad either. My bank is decent, some barrows, some dragon, a mask I have managed to hang on to all these years.

I have been thinking about starting over though. I don't want to make a skiller or a pure. I don't want to just level as fast as I can either.

I have been thinking about how much Runescape has changed over the years. All the new updates, new quests, new areas, and new monsters. There have been alot of changes to the game that I would have enjoyed as a new character.

Am I just crazy or does anyone else think it might be fun to start over?

I know I would do things differently if I started over from scratch. I see alot of people posting on Rate This showing there new pures or skillers and all of the stuff there friends donated to them. I would want my new character to be self-sufficent, no relying on friends. In fact I would no longer even buy and sell raw materials. If I collect something, it means I am going to use it. No more selling pure ess to make a quick buck or buying coal because I was too lazy to get it myself. I have avoided some new dungeons, new quests, new monsters simply because there wasn't much of a reason for me to try it. I want to go back now and experience some parts of the game I have just skipped over.

Maybe I'm just crazy. I havent made this new character yet. It is just something I have been thinking about.

Anyone have any thoughts?

UPDATE

I went ahead an started a new character. I cancelled members on my character, and started members on my new character. I don't have much time to play anymore so I have been consentrating on questing right now. Its been fun questing, alot of the old quests have cut scenes now. I really think its gonna be fun starting over.

I have read through everyones comments and I have appreciated the responses. Basically, I play Runescape for fun, and I think I'm going to have fun with this. If anyone wants to chat you can message me in game, I don't have much free time lately so I don't spend much time on the forums.

New Character: Dryyn

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I so wish I could forget EVERYTHING I know about Runescape and start over :) The real fun part In runescape (for me) was discovering new things, new way to do things more efficiently..

Sadly thats impossible.. :( (Damn you brain!)

edit: Like zot_mutske said, starting over right now would be pretty pointless since we know ways to get ourselves above the average players of our level in no time..

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I would start over, with a better name and staking stats bWhahah Muahahaha

Well, no... Rs is boring, I don't play it anymore.

I would star over, with a new name, a better game, and some pvp stats BWAhahahah Muahahaha

2480+ total

I would star over, with a new name, a better game, and some pvp stats BWAhahahah Muahahaha

\

You find Runescape boring but you post on Runescape related forums mocking it? =;

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

I so wish I could forget EVERYTHING I know about Runescape and start over :) The real fun part In runescape (for me) was discovering new things, new way to do things more efficiently..

edit: Like zot_mutske said, starting over right now would be pretty pointless since we know ways to get ourselves above the average players of our level in no time..

I agree with this, but what I think you should really do is quit runescape for about a year, then start on a new character, because Jagex is continually updating older stuff aswell (i.e. graphics, cut scenes in quests) plus you'd forget a bit of the knowledge you've gathered. I would like to but its just not gonna happen.

Sig.jpg

\

You find Runescape boring but you post on Runescape related forums mocking it? =;

I'm not mocking it, lol where did u see that mr smarty pants? Did u see me say "haha Rs sucks?", I said Rs is boring and I'm entitled to my opinion, rings a bell brainhead?

I'm not the only one posting here that does not play Rs. Its just a fun forum. Idk why ur looking to argue with me, but bring it on my friend, im in the mood. Why does some ppl always have to be serious? Heh. "OMGawd im mr serious and I cant take jokes, and i dont understand whats humor omg whats that?"

2480+ total

It would be intresting to start over now they have all these tutors and the lumbridge home telleport. I already know the game, so there is no way to relive the "new" feeling :cry: . Oh well.

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

When my first account got scammed by a friend for 3 masks sets I quit, when I decided to return I decided to just start over and race my friend to high levels :D

Old Account:

Campbell_Kid

Overall 841 | Att 61 | Def 56 | Pray 40 | Woodcut 64 | Fletch 33 | Fishing 57 | Firemaking 59 | Crafting 45 | Smithing 48

Current Account:

CampbellMC

Overall 1,741 | Att 99 | Def 98 | Str 95 | HP 99 | Range 99 | Pray 75 | Magic 99 | Cooking 80 | Woodcut 82 | Fletch 99 | Fishing 78 | Firemaking 70 | Crafting 61 | Smithing 57 | Mining 58 | Herblore 60 | Agility 61 | Thieving 57 | Slayer 88 | Farming 59 | Runecraft 54 | Hunter 44 | Construction 69

I have always loved the character I am using. I have always had good luck getting decent drops, I've leveled him to the point where i can do things comfortably. I have a green mask from barrows drops that i have sold, a hefty ammount of cash and runes, good armor, 99 firemaking banked in yews, and yet i still think sometimes that starting over would be fun. I havent done cooks assistant quest since my first week of runescape. I havent fished for my own food to camp out at greater demons since about a year ago. there is something about being so well off that doesnt seem perfect. I always made my money by woodcutting on f2p or by smelting an ungodly ammount of steel bars for 60gp profit per bar.

maybe i am just missing the struggle i had when i was on f2p or a lower level. but, then again, I dont think starting over would make for a great time. I have gotten so used to having this kind of character, that I don't think I would like it on f2p/with low skills.

I have an account in the making that I dont know what I am going to do with, but i know i want to have fun with it. who knows, maybe i will sell everything, buy some rares, and quit this account for a while. probebly not, but you never know.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

I agree with this, but what I think you should really do is quit runescape for about a year, then start on a new character, because Jagex is continually updating older stuff aswell (i.e. graphics, cut scenes in quests) plus you'd forget a bit of the knowledge you've gathered. I would like to but its just not gonna happen.

I did twice lol. I started in 2001

So now I'm gonna stay until I quit for good :)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

\

I'm not mocking it, lol where did u see that mr smarty pants? Did u see me say "haha Rs sucks?", I said Rs is boring and I'm entitled to my opinion, rings a bell brainhead?

I'm not the only one posting here that does not play Rs. Its just a fun forum. Idk why ur looking to argue with me, but bring it on my friend, im in the mood. Why does some ppl always have to be serious? Heh. "OMGawd im mr serious and I cant take jokes, and i dont understand whats humor omg whats that?"

*hands you a list of the most pathetic jokes and posts ever made*

*waits for you to find yours on it*

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

I've actraully done it a couple of times

Come to my house sometime, i'll crack you over the head with a bad a few times. Maybe you'll get braindamange and loose all you're memories ;)

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

\

If that's how you "argue", I hope you'll never be in the mood again.

I happen to have 6 accounts, everytime i lose membership i start over, have some fun doing something new and then i get back membership on my main. :XD:

decadez.png

I Am Awesome.

If I could replay my first week-two of RuneScape I would. That mystified feeling of wonder about this whole new world. The Adventure of traveling to Al Kharid and fishing Shrimp in that small sea right next to the bank. This account I created about a year ago and is my first RS2 Account so I was learning the basic of RuneScape all over again (not having played for 4 Years might have helped with that as well).

But yeah, back when people were nice to everyone else, and some complete stranger would spend the entire afternoon helping you learn how to play. That, was RuneScape.

I am always making new characters, as someone mentioned earlier, the best times in Runescape are the times when you first started. There isn't anything wrong with what you are doing, you should always play the game for fun, if you find making new characters and experiencing the game the way you want to nobody should critiscise you. Afterall the game isn't all about skills, they're completely futile, fun is not futile.

It would be fun if Jagex released a new version in which everyone would have to start over. This will mean that everyone starts at skill level 1. So everything has to be redone. Has to be remade. Much wealth for high level smithers. Really every high skill would be worth millions compared to now. You would get an entirely new community. And you could only start if you have a skill total above?!?! X? Or combat above X, so no autoers would be allowed to join. I would love this!

Runescape 3. The beginning <3:

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

I did twice lol. I started in 2001

So now I'm gonna stay until I quit for good :)

I started in 2001 too... first account harryhook, check him on highscores.. I liked him lol until he got hacked and I lost all my holiday rares... <.<

Sig.jpg