Anti-More ftp bankspace thread!

lauren1211

1. Bank space is meant to be restricting - even on members worlds.

2. Jagex is a company, there is no incentive for them to give ftp more bank space as it will likely make ftpers more complacent and less likely to upgrade to members.

3. Just pay 5 bucks, it's not a lot.

4. The appropriately named "give them a penny and they want a dime" factor.

5. There is, in fact, enough bank space for ftp to store all necessary items. the only people who have problems are pack rats who try to save everything.

I agree completely, non-members do not need more bank space. If you think you need more bank space then take a look at the bank you have now and clear out the unwanted items (I.E. Blurite sword (if you have it still) you don't need that, silverlight its pointless, all keys except maybe the brass key, etc..)

Just keep the essentials. If you keep the essentials you'll be fine. I just finished up another month of membership and decided to keep 3 member items in case I go back to members(which I will) so that way I don't have to go through the steps to acquire them again. And even with these 3 items, full mimes, full camo, and full lederhosen I have left over space in my bank.

Try orginizing your bank a bit and maybe that will help. Keep items related to one skill near each other. It helps a ton. I keep mine in this order:

Money, Woodcutting/Fireamking, Mining/Smithing, Crafting, Fishing/Cooking, Combat: Melee, Range, and finally Mage/Runecraft.

Having it this way I can easily incorporate my members items into their skill slots, when I become a member again.

Anyone wanting more non-member bank space just needs to learn to organize their items, and maybe clean out the bank every once in a while so that way you aren't keeping any uncessary items (I.E. Quest Items)..

And that's the end of my escapade.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JaGeX is a company, but they make roughly 5-8 million dollars a month (membership is more than 5 dollars if you pay in other ways than a credit card). Their one goal is not to make people p2pers, but to make a great game. Yes, they try to convince you to become a member, but that dosnt mean giving f2p 2-3 more bank row's will bankrupt them. Just my two cents <_<.

LOL

JaGeX is a company, but they make roughly 5-8 million dollars a month (membership is more than 5 dollars if you pay in other ways than a credit card). Their one goal is not to make people p2pers, but to make a great game. Yes, they try to convince you to become a member, but that dosnt mean giving f2p 2-3 more bank row's will bankrupt them. Just my two cents <_<.

Yeah and doing the even easier thing and not giving them anything won't bankrupt them.

restricting bank space in a member world, only if you keep everything you have ever seen

2. Jagex is a company, there is no incentive for them to give ftp more bank space as it will likely make ftpers more complacent and less likely to upgrade to members.

bank space isn't one of the major insentives for membership

and for the ppl whos parents won't allow this?

think about it. randoms take up a huge amount of space + full rune and a few runes = a full bank

5. There is, in fact, enough bank space for ftp to store all necessary items. the only people who have problems are pack rats who try to save everything.

i barely have room anymore, my bank is full of nessesities (tinderbox, wc axe, money ect.) full rune and about 500 of every rune. that is about it.

try surviving in F2P for a month, you will see how restricting it really can be

why do members have to be such jerks to f2p, they get all the updates. we get jack crap. they think that we are still worthless. I would have paid for permanent membership a long time ago if my parents would allow it, but they won't so i have to be in F2P. I understand this if you are talking about the the lvl 38s who whine constatly because they don't have enought space for ashes or some other junk, but when i had to throw out 1.8k willows to make space in my bank for a pickaxe, then something is wrong.

F2PBlackWhite-H3%20all%20the%20way-Gibsocam.gif

clansiggywo2.png

I think,no matter what you do..you cant make 100% of people happy...so i think, there should be a balance.For example,giving f2pers +1 bank space for every 5 bankspaces members receive from now on.(and i personally think with all the members updates, members also need at least 10 more bankspaces!) that way,members cant complain,they got 1,you got 5 =P and free players cant complain,they got 1 for free,the got 5 for paying =P, i hope this makes sense.also,i think there should be a "buy bankspace" kinda thing(with limits,of course)with in-game money,that way,members and f2pers can buy bankspace(i think the limit to how many extra bankspaces you can buy should be about,7) it would be very simple, 1st extra space = 5k 2nd =10k and so on(doubling the previous number) so that the seventh space costs,omg!320k =P this ,and you would have to pay for the bankspace, semi-annualy. this way,people who just used it temporarily can later get rid of it =P this of course(the buying bankspace) would have little or no benefit for jagex..and might make more people angry than my first idea...well that's bout it =P thnx for reading \'

Will get a new Siggy, if I get around to it[/size]

Here Is My Reply To This Thread:

I Am A Member. I Have Been For A Few Years Now. Even I Am Struggeling With Bank Space. I Am Not A Pack-Rat Either. I Save Nessisary And Valuable Items Such As Currency (GP, Trading Sticks, Tokkul, Warriors Guild Tokens, Agility Arena Tickets etc.), Herbs, Vials, Second Ingredients, Armor, Ammo, And Weapons. I Have About 1 Row Of Bank Space Left. I Would Like More Bank Space So I Can Store More Items. However, Jagex Is Not Going To Grant My Wish. Games Are Ment To Be Challanging And Fun. If The Bank Space Was Unlimited Or Enlarged That Would Take Some Of The Challange Out Of The Game. People NEED To Decide What Items They Want To Keep And Which Items They Are Going To Throw Out. That Is Part Of The Challange And Fun Of The Game. F2Pers Need To Realise That, More Than Likely, JAGEX Will NEVER Increase The Amount Of Bank Space A Player Has. The People That Are Complaning About There "Limited" F2P Bank Space Need To Go Through There Bank And Decide What Items The NEED And What Items They Can Get Rid Of.

I Have To Add This In Here Because It Is A Valid Argument. If You Really Want More Bank Space, And You Are F2P, Become A Member. $5 A Month Really Isnt That Much Money. Do Chores Around The House, Do Favors For People, Anything That Will Get You The Money. Get A Job If You Can. If Your Parents/Relatives Don't Want You To Have Members, A Job, Or Pay You For Doing Them Favors Then Tough Luck. It's Not Your Fault That You Parents Are Strict, But JAGEX Does Not Owe You Anything Because Of It.

Yes, I Know I'm A Bad Speller. Please Don't Flame Me About It.

Proud Owner Of The Quest Point Cape Since 07-18-07!!!!!

gojeta_5.png

I 99% agree with this !!!!!!!!!!! The only thing is event items should be allowed to be withfrawn and banked without wasting bank space.....but our(members) good old houses hold our event items but what happens when we lose our membership? We need our events in our bank and thus wastes space...

Events must be made to get over and over from someone like diango with a minigame or something....free players don't diserve more bank space as this is killing runescape with money factors. More F2p bank space will sorta end cut down on members and thus free players won't even exist anymore! So be grateful with what you have.....and stop complaining ..... BECOME A MEMBER LIKE A TRUE RUNESCAPER!

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png

I will gladly put up my bank so you could see that the space we have is very restrictive...

everything in my bank is accounted for, one more random and i have to throw out some other thing. Bank space isn't restrictive when people only do (in-game that is) one thing (like combat, woodcut, fish)...but when you actually enjoy every skill and every little random the game has to offer then yes bank space gets restrictive even for members. If jagex gives f2p more bank space say 4 spots to complete the row then fine i will gladly accept...if not well i have learned to play with it and i actually find it challenging that way.

my 5 cents. :)

restricting bank space in a member world, only if you keep everything you have ever seen

bank space isn't one of the major insentives for membership

and for the ppl whos parents won't allow this?

think about it. randoms take up a huge amount of space + full rune and a few runes = a full bank

i barely have room anymore, my bank is full of nessesities (tinderbox, wc axe, money ect.) full rune and about 500 of every rune. that is about it.

try surviving in F2P for a month, you will see how restricting it really can be

why do members have to be such jerks to f2p, they get all the updates. we get jack crap. they think that we are still worthless. I would have paid for permanent membership a long time ago if my parents would allow it, but they won't so i have to be in F2P. I understand this if you are talking about the the lvl 38s who whine constatly because they don't have enought space for ashes or some other junk, but when i had to throw out 1.8k willows to make space in my bank for a pickaxe, then something is wrong.

It's not about being a jerk. And, as a matter of fact, I am ftp. I used to be ptp (and, btw, ptp bank space is also very very restricting - it's true that they have a lot but that's because there's a LOT more stuff), but i'm ftp now. And i have no problem storing my stuff in my bank.

And yes, something is wrong if you have to throw out 1.8k willows, but you really shouldn't have raw materials in your bank for very long - those willows should have been burnt or sold. And it's not about ashes or fliers or stuff like that - most people keep hammers and chisels and pots and stuff like that in their banks when it's very very easy to go buy those things from a general store for 1 gp when you need them.

and loko (poster before me), go ahead and post your bank and i'll point out a few things you can do to clear up some space.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

I'd just like to say that i'm updating the first post with a short guide on how to save space in your bank.

edit: guide finished.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

Guest Torksoul

I'm f2p and like many others, have rarely (in fact never for me) needed more bank space.

My argument for those out there who are against f2p bank space:

Hypothetically thinking...if Jagex gave F2P say..one row of more bank space, hell, even finished off that last row...I bet my 4mil they would dish out 2 more rows of bank space to P2P. And you know what? I'm also betting that 4mil that many P2Per's would still complain F2P got an update..

:lol:

ok first off this, a direct quote from the KB, saying a common reason f2p wants more bank space:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=2438

^^link to he article.

I recently left your membership service and am now having troubles putting certain items into my bank. How can I place these items into my bank?

Your bank problem is related to the fact that while you were a member you enjoyed the advantage of a much larger bank space in which to store all your items. Now that your membership credit has run out, your bank will have reverted to its previous size.

To solve the problem, you must take items out of your bank until all the items fit on just one page, i.e. put worthless items into your inventory and then drop them on the ground until you see an empty slot. The bank will then function normally.

Please remember that you will be unable to use members' items on the free servers, so you may wish to consider getting rid of these first.

If you resubscribe then your bank will return to its expanded size again, and you will have full access to any members' items that you kept.

SEE!? they keep their members stuff knowingly, and then they rant about not having enough bank space to hold the members stuff they KNOW they cant use in the f2p servers!

ok another quote from the KB showing a way to lower your worthless items, even it is more to members, it still shows a way for the f2p to lower their items.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=2437

^^ link to the article.

I have run out of bank space, where can I store my items now?

The Wise Old Man, who can be found living north of the bank in Draynor, has good advice about how to make the most of your bank space and you may also wish to use the leprechauns, found near some Farming patches, who can store some of your Farming items.

If you are a member, then there are various cupboards and storage boxes that you can store away clothing, armour and holiday items. These are accessible via your player-owned housing, so get practicing your Construction skills!

again, they even put in a person to help you clean up your bank!

ok done with quotes.

ok, i dont care who you are, if your a f2p or p2p, f2p IS a demo! it shows what the game plays like, what you can do in the game, showing a small percentage of the entire thing over all, showing only about 10% of the entire thing over all, yes it is 3 major towns of the game, but in those towns there isnt alot you can do as parts of it are members only, A.K.A. DEMO! also, no matter what is said, or not to be said as they are the usual arguments, f2p WILL NEVER get any major updates because they dont PAY for it! a measly $5 a month is NOTHING compared to all the benefits we get for paying it! i dont care if we cant say it, THATS THE #1 REASON!

another thing f2p is stupid for ranting about all this, and yes it is their fault, they dont drop their useless items! ok i got this pic from here:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=2005

examplerd0.png

ok, lets say this the bottom of a f2prs bank (not all of it since the scroller is at the top):

ok, the top row is ok, water tally for making some runes, with a pic to get more ess and the ess it self to make the runes, a wcing axe to get some logs, and steel armor and a cape for training. second row can have items taken out of. the gems could be made into jewelry, accept the jade one, which is members and should of been dropped in the first place, rings ok only if they are recoil, other wise its a waste to have regular rings, gp duh, a harpoon to catch fish, and tuna being the caught fish. if they are desperate for bank space, they can get rid of the third row. knife, cant fletch, hammer more than likely dosent have good smithing, big net, can catch tuna, w/f vial, herb filled vial, a guam and a tarromin are membrs only, and the SMALL amount of logs can go also because there isnt a good number of em to keep em. the rope can go, not enough things need a rope in f2p. so in those 3 rows, a number of stuff can be thrown out, and still having the rest of the bank to go though!

next, random event items, and holiday items. easy enough, holiday items can be destroyed, THEY CAN GET MORE FROM RELDO!! also, random events are coming up fast, mostly the frog ones, there you go, drop em, youll get more chances to get em, unless you are so attached for em, or are in their outfit now, they still got rid of all those holiday items.

ok, in all fairness that pic wassent a f2p bank, but still, if we can get a pic of a f2p bank, we can reduce it ALL to a fraction of what it is now.

i for one believe we should get RID of f2p all together! can take out the ads, no more noobs rants about needing bank space, no more things of f2p getting a bad rap, probably 50% less rants on many forums... actually, seems better off without f2p! i dont care if you dont agree with me or not! i personally believe this, i dont care about it was only f2p how ever long ago, with p2p being 100% better, all the f2p noobs are complaining about everything! and all because they cant pay the SMALL amount of $5 a month! get an allowance!

and i would have your sig in my sig... but it says i dont got any more room to put it #-o

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png

Guest Torksoul

Infernalz..that is exactly what Lauren said not to post >.<

You know? the whole money thing and that..

And I'm sure that somewhere, we've already cleared up the fact that it is a BAD idea to get rid of f2p altogether..as it would result in a major loss in economy :P

heh not a problem about the sig, infernalz. however, if anyone would like to design a slightly better sig (i made mine in ms paint, lol), i would greatly appreciate it (and credit them!)

your opinion about ftp being deleted entirely isn't very common - a lot of people would claim you're being insensitive to the millions of people who, for whatever reason, prefer to play the game in the free world rather than the members' world. also, they'd probably say that ftp existing doesn't affect how you play your game. just saying.

and thanks for the congratulations, prankster_king.

Maybe in f2p u can drop or sell unless items and get some space.

And when u become member u get alof of new stuff but when u be f2p again u have unless stuff that u cant use. For example if u get a muddy b staff u cant use it... and somethimes is really hard to sell it... cos u really love it.

I think that Jagex should do is:

-> When u become a f2p again frezee all your member items (maybe down with a gray color) and give u the space of that mem items. And just let u use your normal f2p items like arrows or ore... etc... with your respective f2p space

And let u withdraw your membs items and deposit it again. but never use them.

--> In conclusion when u become a f2p have like 2 accounts... one frozen who has the membs items and other open who has all your f2p items and yor f2p spaces.

Thats my opinion in case u become a f2p again and Jagex should do it. \'

ale3691.png

ale3691.png

:roll: If they just gave us a few more bankspaces it would be fine. It's not like we're asking for as much space as a member has! Even with 12 more spaces, alot of us ( not me, ill be fine with that) will still fill up the added space, so there's still that extra persuasion to join members. Trust me, even with 12 more spaces, Jagex isn't gonna lose a ton of money. We have enough temptation, with every other npc we talk to bein a members npc.

If thats still not enough for you, let me suggest this: make it so that you have to pay, i don't know, like 100k to get the 12 extra spaces! That would help, i guess.

Sorry about the argueing, just defending my opinion.

P.S. Oh, and im not just some stupid noob, i could afford members, i just wanted to put the 5 bucks a month towards something more useful. I respect your opinions though...... :wink:

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

I would say that I have to, reluctantly, agree with this idea. It's only $5 a month, and for a game that in my humble opinion is beyond WOW by lightyears :D :wink: , this is nothing like $15. It's SO PALTRY!!!

That said, with the amount of things to do in F2P, more bank space seems pointless. Also, by organzing one's bank, more space could easily be gained. I can understand the F2P side though. They get no quests, no new skills, no new areas, so why not just ask for a little bank space when they get nothing else? It's only bank space, right?

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

First off, regardless of what F2P lifers may think, F2P was is and always will be a demo. The astronomical cost of bandwidth, servers, financial transactions, contracts, support staff, development staff, lawyers and on and on is why the game isn't free. The fact that you believe Jagex owes you something for letting you play a demo for an unlimited amount of time is simply astounding.

As far as adding more bank space to F2P OR P2P, there are certain restrictions. The biggest and likely only reason Jagex rarely creates more bank space is, well, space. The game, in its entirety, exists on servers. Every time you click on something anywhere, your PC talks to the server, which sends the info back to you. Consider how many slots there are in a row, how much HDD space each slot requires and multiply that by each player (free or paid) and keep in mind that the info needs to be stored ALL THE TIME. It adds up. Not only that, but the more bandwidth required to run the game means slower gameplay for people with slower/less reliable connections.

Currently Selling: Supers of all kinds and Splitbark Armour. PM me in-game for both.

Well i think this is kinda racist (yeah, that's me)

I'm F2P. And I got no bank space at the moment, but I'm quite happy I can bank all the stuff I need. If I threw out my junk I'd probably have a lot of free space ::'

Example :P: I usually keep 1 rune instead of taking them all to leave a space for them if I buy some more. (never know, when you might run out of bank space, I'm a merchant and I don't pass a bargain)

P.S:Members should stop complaining that they ran out of bank space if they don't even cut their gems, string their bows, enchant their amulets, identify their herbs, keep only 1 wildy cape and refill their potions to make them all (4). <.< (yes, i have been P2P before and I didn't fill my bank)

BECOME A MEMBER LIKE A TRUE RUNESCAPER!

Let me tell you something. I am F2P. I can become a member. I have the money. But there are two major problems: I don't have a credit card and that damn "monthly-fee" IS crap. I'd prefer paying an one-time fee of... let's say... $40 (still bad though, 80 in my country :shock: ), I'd be a member right away. People say this because they have credit cards and think everyone else does. I don't, I don't live in the USA/England.

Some members are jerks with F2Ps, BTW. Check out the "Why can't F2P have..." thread. F2Ps are scum?

ok, i dont care who you are, if your a f2p or p2p, f2p IS a demo! it shows what the game plays like, what you can do in the game, showing a small percentage of the entire thing over all, showing only about 10% of the entire thing over all, yes it is 3 major towns of the game, but in those towns there isnt alot you can do as parts of it are members only, A.K.A. DEMO! also, no matter what is said, or not to be said as they are the usual arguments, f2p WILL NEVER get any major updates because they dont PAY for it! a measly $5 a month is NOTHING compared to all the benefits we get for paying it!

Demo? 6 years ago it wasn't a damn demo. It never was. It was the main form of play. It isn't a demo, it's a RESTRICTED version of the game- it is fair, you get what you pay for. In a demo, you do a single mission, quest, and whatever with 2 or 3 weapons and restricted everything. F2P is by far larger by that. I'm not saying you and other members that think alike are hypocrites or stupid, just a bit ignorant.

We don't pay, no major updates? Crap, that got worst! Seriously, we SHOULD (not deserve or need, notice that) get major updates, but not a lot. We get roughly one per year. $5 is nothing? Not for the thousands of poor children here in Brazil or that don't receive money or even parents who can't waste anything. They can't waste a penny, saying it's nothing is useless.

Seriously, this is Anti-BANKSPACE thread, not Anti-f2p n00bz! thread. And some members should be more... friendly and respectful towards their past (not those who started RS as a member, those who started as F2Ps).

Click here to flame me.

Oh, and "nice" people can call this thread "Grand Theft Auto" and the people against it "Jack Thompson".

i need more bank space

im p2p and i need more

i do EVERYTHING my own.

I have many diffrent raw fish, cooked fish, herbs, potions (finished and unfinished), gems (cut and uncut), Runes, Seeds, Armors, cloths/outfits, items (range guild tickets, warrior guild tokens, etc) arrows (mith steel bronze rune etc) bows (magic long, short, etc), Armors (mith black adam rune dragon), weapons, and much more.

alot of wearable stuff i keep because of treasure trails you require this and this.

addymdefault,Joshthegod.gif

Controversy and Chaos!!!

Im still sticking to my packrat based argument seen on page 10. The only things F2P deserve would be the Untrimmed skill capes, the Trimmed ones could stay members.

Although Jagex should at least finish that last row in the F2P bank. Having half of one is just stupid. But other then that no... just no. <.<

Pasty.png