Regretting RuneScape?

tru_vampire0

Yeah. Chances are I would've got stuck on something else, poor little me, but if I had never touched it I might have been better.

Either way, time to start to shape up. :P

Two men were walking through the forest. When they got out, they saw a war. One said cool, and ran forward, the other turned back. Later, both envied the other's decision. Who was right?

~It's not done till you're done with it~

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I probably would be less of a "geek" and be more athletic and more social, if I hadn't played RuneScape, I wouldn't have met the TIF community which is awesome and some of my closest rs friends. that would've been a big loss. so i don't regret starting ruenscape

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

No, I don't regret it. Besides being sleep deprived since Summer began ( :lol: ), I've had no side affects from it. I still play other games, read books, I'm almost a black belt in TaeKwonDo, and I still get all A's and B's in school. You can play Runescape and still have a life.

Yes, but No.. i would say that runescape has ruined my grades from year 7 to the present however i can't just blame it all on runescape. MSN PSX & 2 and my lack of persistence didn't help eigther #-o On the other hand i've met heaps of friends who i still talk to today :D

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

You guys are weird.. You all made it seem like Runescape is the only game in the world you know. I would not believe if you don't play other games than Runescape. Most of you think of runescape so negatively like "OMG RUNESCAPE RUINS YOUR LIFE QUIT IT NOW", in the end you will still like to play games, so you will find other games that will replace the time you spent on Runescape.

What's the difference then? Why is only Runescape blamed for ruining your lives? Your lives are saved just because you don't play Runescape? Look at all those players that play CS, WoW, DOTA alot, their lives are not ruined? Don't other games you play count at all? Lame thread seriously :roll:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

No regrets here I enjoy the game. Throught it I met a relative that I've never seen before. It's a good game. I alternate between rs and gtasa.

Gtasa?

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.

@On topic

I don't regret playing Runescape, though I do guess I've been slightly addicted to it. Though I guess clans are one of the most important things which kept me going, if it wasn't for them (WoA) I would of probably quit.

Firestarter.jpeg

Since playing I have:

Gained 15kg (Now I am FAT not just stocky)

Lost friends/Lost Contact with old Friends.

Spent lots of money on Membership.

Got Angry.

Broke a computer.

Would rather play Runescape than go to a party

Since Quitting I have:

Lost 4kg (Yay :D)

Gained a few friends

Gone to lots of partys :D

Happier all round.

That is just me though.

Everyone has their own opinions.

stn00bl37dz0.jpg

A few times yes, I have regretted that I started to play Rs. But It actually increased my knowledge with the computer, and I always wanted to be an artist, or something along those lines. So I learned the basics of paint, then moved up a level to Gimp, creating graphics. Even though I only started using The Gimp at the beginning of May, The knowledge I have gained from it can lead to a future more fulfilling than without knowing different ways of creating art. O:)

(might be offtopic a little.)

dragonsigred2ds0.jpg

F2P ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ 20M+ Overall Exp ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ My Blog

I am of the position that regret is something everyone feels a tinge of, surely, having played runescape, having missed out on opportunities in real life one could otherwise have gotten had he or she not played runescape.

But of course the amount of regret one feels varies from person to person, and that is why we have people proclaiming NO, they do not feel regret at all :-w

Personally the amount of regret I had for Runescape changed from time to time. 2 years ago I regretted wasting so much time on Runescape (despite having a proper social and school life), but now my perspectives on life have changed to that of a more mature O:) one, I would say currently for me I do not regret having played Runescape, but of course feel regret for the moments it has cost me :-#

Now I am not going to be the one to stand out and like all before me say that Runescape has improved my computer knowledge, English, online social network, networking skills, marketing knowledge, bargaining techniques, reaction time etc. But I do believe that Runescape has been advantageous for me.

Having said that I do believe this is one of the few rare inquisitive topics that are on-topic, so kudos to the thread starter :-w

bronzempraycape,gifted22yeah.gif

Gifted22yeah.gif

• 4 weeks later...

This topic of mine was popular for a just a small bit of time and died down quick as I even forgot about it for a little while, but I was reminded of it when I read this threadand I thought I'd post it on here. It seems that this player definitely isn't 'Regretting RuneScape'

Thanks for the kudos gifted22yeah. They're yummy! :D Though I would've preferred cookies. lol

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.

Not at all, i enjoy myself on rs. If you dont enjoy yourself when playing rs you have some problems, pretty much anyone saying yes obviously got addicted in a bad way.. or they're trying to look cool by quitting rs, having said that after quitting a game spending time on a forum associated with it is just as "sad".

Rs has not affected my school work, i have never not done work or anything in my life so i could play rs, if i have free time which would be spent watching tv/doing nothing interesting thats when i play rs. If everyone does this we have have no problem, i can't imagine someone not revising for an exam so they could play rs..

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that people enjoy themselves when they play, as I do everytime. I'm just wondering how many people out there every think about if their life might be better or atleast different.

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.

I always regret RS, and wonder what it would be like to not play, but, I couldnt really find anything better to do, some people just like 1 game and like to stick with it, while others will play 5,6, or even 7 different computer/console games in a sitting, Ill play 1.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

ever since i started playing rs (almost 3 years)

- I sleep less

- I drink more

- I hardly see any friends

- I stopped reading books

- I hardly see any movies

- I cant satisfy my girl

No, i dont think i regret i started playing this game :D (self destruction anyone?)

errm yeah, but i regret most things i do, thinking hnow much money irl i couldve made. Will regret most things till i'm 18, when in can finally go to uni or get a proper job but until then in guess i visit friends, play football and play RS.

Admittidly, RS has had an impact on my schoolwork-effort has dropped, but im still hitting A's/ A*s cept in french which i

[hide] :-w [/code][/hide]

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...