Regretting RuneScape?

tru_vampire0

Read this Topic

It seems that this player definitely isn't 'Regretting RuneScape'

I recently posted on the topic "What Would You Say To Your Level-3 Self?". I also read all of the posts on there and I noticed that there seems to be quite a bit of post saying things like "Quit!" or "Quit NOW!" or even "Log off, delete your cookies and history, and then get really, really drunk so you can completely forget about this game!"

This makes me think about how many people out there really regret starting playing RuneScape and becoming a victim of it's addictive qualities. Do you regret starting up your first character?

What other things do you think you would've done if you hadn't been playing this game for the last couple of years (for some people 6 years!)? Have you missed out on some opportunities that probably would've benefited you in life? Maybe you would've made better grades in school? Maybe even (I hope this one hasn't happened) not have lost that job because you were 'Scaping at work?

So TIF Community, I ask you now. Would you be better off never starting RuneScape at all?

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I enjoy my account, I am not addicted to it, like a lot of people say they are, I usually only play it when I have some down time, which is usually after classes/work or weekends and after all my animals have been properly cared for (I own a small farm). Which is also why my character isnt any higher than she is, even though I have been playing for almost 6 years. But it does help me to relax some after a hard day of classes and gives my mind a bit of a rest from to much thinking.

Current goal: Getting enough prayer pots to finish my last four quests.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies and flashlights.

jt+mirage.png

No I don't regret ever getting into RuneScape nor do I regret all the time I spend on it and its community. I learned a lot from the game and the community about many different aspects that play a big role in real life.

Then again, I'm a rare case anyway as I always more or less considered RuneScape as a sort of research object for various things. Plus I always took the game and its community much more serious then most people do. However, anyone who really realizes that there are real people behind the avatars ingame and forum posters on here should do so.

sometimes but if i didn't start rs i prob would have just sat in front of the tv all day eating really fatty foods and that wouldn't be any better would it?

StarViv.png

Hmm... even now, speaking from a retired standpoint, I don't think I regret Runescape. I was always proficient in school, and it didn't come between my schoolwork (much). I still talk with a few of my very good friends from Runescape, and I'm glad I was there to meet them. It also taught me some good economic skills and such, so although it ate up my time (which wouldn't have been put to much better use), I still am glad I played for the time I did.

well for me, im in a kind of 50/50 situation

RuneScape helped me make lots of friends in my neighborhood and in my school

But it was so addicting, I really slacked of in grade 8

In conclusion, RuneScape was a blessing for me, but it would've been better had I known that it was this addicting, I would have played in small quantities so i would have had a good school year

totallvl900ge9.jpg

Woot! Got total lvl 900 in f2p!

No. Unlike most of the other idiots who hate stuff because they don't enjoy it anymore, I actually do enjoy RuneScape.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Hell no. I really don't know what I would have done different if I didn't start playing RuneScape. I might have gotten slightly better grades (though I already have as and bs)... but I would have died of boredom if it wasn't for RuneScape.

Yes.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Yes, but that's what other games are for: quitting.

I recently became f2p again, and realized how boring runescape is, all repetitive actions over and over again in f2p. I'm trying to quit now, and have been successful so far.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

I regret having my brother telling me of RuneScape.

This game is so addictive, sure you can stop at any time but there are SO MANY GOALS TO ACHIEVE!

If I never heard of this game I would have been happy. Now, I don't want it to stop. I sorta know how addicts feel. Yet I still believe if you want to quit hard enough it certainly is possible. Addiction is based on wants and you control what you want.

Yes.

It changed my life, i got addicted to it and here i am now, when i have a chance, even if it's 5 minutes, i'll play it.

BUT, i still got friends and a gf and 2nd fast runner in my class, now only good school results :lol:

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

No, I don't regret playing it. As far as life priorities go, this is probably close to dead last on the list. I have been playing it for 6 years... but clearly I've been playing less intensely than most of the other people on this thread. :?

If anything I'm very happy I played Runescape. I've met a lot of people through 6+ years and I would never want to undo the experiences.

Moderation ftw. <3: