How nice is "too nice"?

wizardguy31

I have a problem...when I see someone begging or asking for help i find it difficult if not impossible to refuse.Is this bad or is it a good thing?Should I start refusing to help people?It is doing a big number on my levels seeing as I spend so much time explaining thing to people or bringing them places....Just want your opinions. ::'

I resemble that remark!

Achieved quest cape for first time on: 4-2-09 WOOHOO!

Beat Nomad on 6-24-10 WOOHOO!.

331bfcd139.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, personally will not go WAY out of my way to help people. if im in the middle of a slayer task and get asked to take someone somewhere, i just verbally explain.

If im near the end, ill give then a tele to the area, meet them there, and help them out.

Helping people verbally is allright, as you can do other things as you type (click)

Plus, good karma = more dk drops

sigsn9.jpg

You are way too nice. In fact, these 'beggars' abuse you. They take too much advantage of your kindness. Really, why do you accept to help them? They are too lazy to work for items, so they don't deserve anything. You worked for yours, why shouldn't they work for theirs?

phata_elise.png

that helps with my problem about how i get my levels up....but i have a problem keeping over 1 mill in my bank without giving some to people begging on the streets(in banks)....it's how i was raised....

I resemble that remark!

331bfcd139.png

that helps with my problem about how i get my levels up....but i have a problem keeping over 1 mill in my bank without giving some to people begging on the streets(in banks)

Remember, runescape beggars are NOT people in need! It are people too lazy too work for items and want it the easy way. Think about that.

phata_elise.png

I will have to keep what you say in mind...it just makes me feel guilty when i have to refuse :wall: thx much to you two guys maybe i will stop being so nice *sigh*

i hope someone comes on here who has had a similar problem as me :pray:

I resemble that remark!

331bfcd139.png

It's nice of you. If you don't want to do it, don't because it's not required. However, sometimes it's fun to take a break and help out a noob

w4M8t.png

I usually help out people verbally, the common things like prices, locations, and monsters. Some thing i will not do a person, as in... completely give them the walk through of a quest 1st hand, or walk to a location far away. But i have a tendency to ignore people who ask me where varrock is when they are standing in varrock square. :notalk:

randomkcopyq.png

yeah of course i would never bring someone in for example Jatiznot (i think that's how it's spelled) to karamja.i may tell them how....but i would bring someone in Jatiznot to Catherby :)

I resemble that remark!

331bfcd139.png

It is a bad thing, these people are scum and deserve to be driven into the dirt, not encouraged by you.
Nice attitude there. Its the same u had when you called me a "peice of worthless scum in RS" just for being a lower level than you.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

While it is great to be helpful (and I love people who are) you still need to protect your own interests. If it doesn't take too much of my time or my resources, I will gladly help.

If I can't help I usually refer them to the knowledge base. The most important thing to remember though is when someone can't help you, at least respect that and say thanks anyways.

Crusher777

Crusher777.png

If someone asks for 5k and you have 5mil give it to them, if they ask for help try and help them, if they ask for a free dragon weapon tell them to get the hell out of your face. This is not real life, everyone starts out equal, noone NEEDS your help or stuff.

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime."

It's better to freely give out advice than to give items.

If the beggar is too lazy to pick up an axe and cut some logs to sell, then too bad for them. It's better to let these players beg till their faces collectively turn blue than to give them hand-outs. These beggars usually think the game is too hard and will eventually quit after being frustrated or bored for a few days.

Honestly, it's up to you as to how you feel it is best to deal with beggars.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Help people to the best of your ability if they ask. If they demand, jsut ignore them

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

If they act nicely then I will just type it in. But this happens ALOT to me.

Random Thing

Me: Ok you just have to go to Burtope and go into a bar then go down stairs and then you can buy lockpicks.

????: Ok thanks

3 minutes pass.........

????:Can you take me there?

Me: No I am busy and don't wish to interfere my experience just to babysit you there.

?????:NOOB and walks aways.

Me: W/e I hope you get lost. :twisted:

It's good to help people, you might get chosen for a player mod, but if they demand, ignore them- You worked for your stuff, they should work for theirs.

Point finished. ::'

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

As long as I don't have to go that far out of my way, I'm more than glad to help. But I don't give anything to beggars.

Beggars can make more than you think. My mom watches Dr. Phil alot. One time they were doing a show about poor people, and they had one guy dress up as a homeless person and go beg on the streets. After 1 hour, he made 20 bucks. Now, I realize in a city were the cost of living might be a bit high (I think they did this in NY, not sure though), $20 an hour might not be that great. But when I work my butt off, and make half that, minus taxes, it makes me think I chose the wrong job.

Anyway, if turning down beggars makes you feel that guilty, just take time every now and then to go to Lumbridge and gives stuff to real Newbies. I used to save all my iron and steel drops from slayer to give out. Now my bank is too full to store that extra junk.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime."

It's better to freely give out advice than to give items.

If the beggar is too lazy to pick up an axe and cut some logs to sell, then too bad for them. It's better to let these players beg till their faces collectively turn blue than to give them hand-outs. These beggars usually think the game is too hard and will eventually quit after being frustrated or bored for a few days.

Honestly, it's up to you as to how you feel it is best to deal with beggars.

I couldn't agree more. When a noob asks for something i usually reply,heres some advice. They then say they dont want advice but cash or items...At least with advice you won't get killed in the wildy and lose it and have to start begging again. Also, advice is usually a sure way to make money, but the noobs i have spoken to dont realise this. And if i have any spare steel or black weapons il give to a noob who isn't begging... \'

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

i only help people when i can be botherd i had a couple d partys in f2p and last one a level 8 got rune legs

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close