85 - 90 slayer: who's making the jump?

Socrates

Getting 90 slayer was going to be my summer goal before I even learned about Dark Bows in the first place. 85 slayer was my goal for last summer, and since I trained it for a month and a half I got tired of it at the time. Anyways, I should be able to get exp faster now that I am a much higher combat level so it should be too hard, especially now that we have the teleport from Karamja Gloves 3.

I plan to start after getting my current goal of 85 hunter.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for everyone who is trying to make the jump from a level lower then 85 (or higher) but doesn't make it, pm me ingame: Silver24-7 and I will sell you the wild pies you need to get this exclusive dark bow drop at release day after all, and get rich from it :) veeery rich ;)

I'm looking for around 10-20k each per pie but I'll probably just sell to the highest bidder so give me a pm :)

btw, I am 70 slayer myself so no, I won't be trying to get 90 before the update :P

keep in mind that some people will just use wild pies. It would just fine...

the problem is that there will be sooo many people killing dark beasts that I dont think I will be profiting much from it. alot of ppl will have access to them.

I got 85 slayer three weeks ago and decided to go on slaying... I'm at 86 now, but I don't believe for a second that I, or most of the people stuck at 85 at the moment, will be able to jump to 90 before the end of the month. We're talking serious no-lifing to do that... I still have to go almost 1.6 mill experience. It took me 5 months of a task a day to get the same amount of xp on my way to 85 slayer, so go figure.

I will make the jump to 90 slayer and beyond though. In my own time... We don't even know if the dark bow will be worth it, and from what I've heard from the dark beasts, they aren't exactly fun and games either.

My thoughts on the bow: I'm not gonna hype so I won't get disappointed.

This slayer training is just a tendency that will dissapear after the update is done. 90 slayer is not easily done, it's very very hard, and a long term commitment.

2480+ total

almost 86 slayer and could care less about 90. Let everyone else fight over the 15 dark beasts in every world

fight caves defeated 3/10/06 at 96 combat 77 range

99+ farming----99+herblore----99 range----99 thieving

213th to 99 herblore, June 29, 2007

well i decided to stop camping at abbies a week before i even heard about the update, just got 86 2 days ago, will prob be 87 this week. Wasting time training agility to 71 for shortcuts, doing a few quests to be able to get monkfish and some other sorted stuff. doubt I will make the gravy train, but no biggie, I suspect the gold rush will slow down, but not go away, like the whip ;)

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

I went past level 85 slayer I knew this day was coming actually thought it would be

a new slayer monster and needed maybe level 92 slayer to kill it. My current slayer

level is 92, hunting level 99 I am all set for this new update. :thumbsup:

When you say maxed out are you including range and mage? If so I am not since I am

92 mage. I plan on getting 99 mage/99 slayer after my 91 rc goal. :-X

So many people 92 these days including me. :anxious: I'm making 1k Wild Pies to sell for 15M or more. :D

the real losers are the people who carried on slaying past 85 but only got up to 86-88 by now (like me), just hope i will be able to power up to 90 in time for update

Described me perfectly.

Currently 88 slayer, and slaying frantically.

I doubt I will get 90 before the update, just hoping to get 89 basically. :?

i got my 90 months ago. last year, in fact. To quote my friend, "why the hell did you get 90 slayer? its useless"

that idiot

ahh..i was prolly the one that said that :oops:

(dunno, sounds like me)

Kinda wish i had gotten 90. Might try to get like 87-88 and just pie em. Of course this depends on the drop rates a bit.

Dagannoth Slayer

signaturegm1.png

I only got 68 slayer, so I won't bother with that. I'll just train slayer more even though i know it would take me like a half a year for 90:P. I'll just use my 99 hunt to get me some serious cash.

BTW, there are 11 dark beasts per world, I counted. And if you have 85 mining bring a rune pic to get the runite rofl go wakka that guide was nice >_<.

the real losers are the people who carried on slaying past 85 but only got up to 86-88 by now

"Hello, my RSN is Shavital and.... i am a loser..... ( =D> ) "

Anyway, my calculations show that its gonna take me ~91 slaying hours to jump from 87-90. No thx.

I rather park at the chompies and not let these greedy bakers rob my money....

yes, i'm definately not going to use wild pies. they will be the ultimate rip off, however i think 83 hunter should be for those who can't quite make 90 slayer..

idk :)

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Going to go insane and do 300k a day till 90 before update and get mega-millions from dark bows. I shall destroy them all!

so you're going to get 1.2m regular combat exp a day?

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Going to go insane and do 300k a day till 90 before update and get mega-millions from dark bows. I shall destroy them all!

you are talking about 15-18 slaying hours a day.....

that never gonna happen

300k slayer exp a day.

*snap snap*

Wake up, son :-s

errm, whats wrong with that?(loads of people have done it, inclueding me)

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

When i got 85 slayer, I camped at abbies for about 5 months :wall: until my friends told me to start raising slayer again.

I got 90 4 days before the Behind the Scenes came out :thumbsup:

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008