....A Skillers Life.

oceanstides

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New prices definitely. Also:

You list the best fishing experience as Shilo Village at 60k an hour. That's not realistic. Its 30-40k per hour, MAYBE 45k depending on your fishing level.

I've heard from many friends that barbarian heavy rod fishing is actually fastest. Maybe you should check that out.

2496 Completionist

• 2 weeks later...

THIS IS ONE GOOD GUIDE!!! :D

Really, you should be proud of all the work you put into it. Also, it's the first guide that uses the profit you make per hour to define the best method and Iit makes it so much better.

Perhaps, you should try to find the best way of getting Magic exp (I know, not a real skilling skill, but usefull for other things then spells though).

Anyway, keep it updated :wink: .

• 7 months later...

why are you guys bumping this guide? let is die oceans hasnt been on to update it in forever and youre taking up space on the forums by bumping it. its outdated as well

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

its useless now and is wasting forum space, it was a great guide, almost as good as the original one he made (i thought that one was better personally)

but seriously, there are other guides fighitng for forum space and this one has no use anymore

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Take that damn "A" [cabbage] out so i can read it.

This guide got destroyed in the roll back, and some posts have that in them.

Also, why bump this? You did not contribute to it at all, and the guide needs a serious over hall.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Cooking in cookingguild is less random in walking time and burning, which makes it a better training spot.

I do not get what you mean by "'less random", can you please explain yourself. For members anyway, the Cooking Guild is a decent spot to train at, but for Non-Members, it is terrible.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

• 1 month later...

I managed to remake most of your guide ocean, so here it is(also recalced all the math)

Firstly, when woodcutting for any significant period of time, invest in a dragon woodcutting axe. There are many rumours, claims, and opinions regarding the axe, however as you'll find in the knowledge base, it does affect cutting speed. Even a slightly enhanced cutting rate will save you hours in the long run.

From personal experience, and the advice of many friends, I've determined some data about woodcutting, in relation to experience per hour.

Cutting willows (Barbarian Outpost) ~ 45k experience per hour.

Cutting yews (Catherby Bank) ~ 40k experience per hour.

Cutting mages (Lletya forest) ~ 27k experience per hour.

My calculations are based on these amounts, so please bear with me. So, those for those of you who are going to go for 99 woodcutting, it seems like willows are the way to go! Maybe not; let me explain.

Assuming you are starting from level 75, you'll need approximately twelve million experience, now lets compare each method in terms of total hours needed:

Cutting willows ~ 265 Hours.

Cutting yews ~ 300 Hours.

Cutting mages ~ 445 Hours.

If you cut willows to reach 99 woodcutting, you'll have made, say for arguments sake, five million. Using yews - approximately twenty million. Cutting mages will give you nearly fifty-two million!

The difference (in relation to time), between willows and mages, is 180 hours. The difference (in relation to profit), between willows and mages, is forty-seven million. It follows logically, that if you did cut willows, you'd finish 180 hours before some-one cutting mages. This is where you'll need your average income, to compare methods. From this, it can be said that those extra 180 hours will result in an extra forty-seven million in profit around 260k per hour.

For an extra 35 hours, 15 million can be made (willows to yews). That's an average income of 430k per hour. That means, if your income is lower than 430k an hour, don't cut willows.

The key to training efficiently, is to determine just what you are looking for. If money is NO issue, the sure, cut willows. However, if you're average income is 430k or lower, yews would be a more efficient way of training. For those rune crafters living off 250k an hour, or fishers making 100k an hour, don't cut willows.

[size="6"]

Firemaking[/size]

Please note that all calculations in relation to fire making are done on the assumption of burning 800 logs per hour. If you burn at a different rate, this will not be accurate for you, and you must re-calculate.

In the case of fire making, there are four commonly used methods of achieving the maximum level.

Willows

Maples

Yews

Mages 

For simplicity, assume the starting level is 75 firemaking.

The volume of the each log required is listed below:

130k Willows

87k Maples

58k Yews

39k Mages

In terms of cost, each method is approximately:

2,3mil(willows)

3,1mil (maples)

25,8mil(yews)

50mil(mages)

In terms of time, each method will take; 163 hours, 109 hours, 73 hours and 49 hours respectively.

* Willows VS Maples:

To save 54 hours, it will cost 1,1m. Saving 54 hours will cost an extra 20k an hour. Therefore, unless your average income is UNDER 20k an hour, do not burn willows.

*Maples VS Yews:

To save 36 hours, it will cost 22m. Saving 36 hours will cost an extra 611k an hour. Therefore, unless your average income is UNDER 611k an hour, do not burn maples.

*Yews VS Mages:

To save 24 hours, it will cost 24,2m. Saving 24 hours will cost an extra 1050k an hour. Therefore, unless your average income is ABOVE 1000k an hour, do not burn mages.

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

In general, most people won't be burning willows. The most efficient method for rune crafters and the like, making 250k an hour would be to burn maples. Unless you make well over a million an hour, don't burn mages. If your income is between 300-1000k an hour, yews are the most efficient.

Long, continuous periods of training may lead to Carpal tunnel or RSI neither is pleasant. To ease the strain on your wrist, I recommend taking frequent breaks and training sensibly.

A few places to burn are the grand exchange, Falador East, Edgeville, Piscatoris colony or even Port Phatmatys.

[size="6"]Fishing[/size]

Fishing is perhaps, one of the more relaxing skills examined in the guide. Unfortunately, the only things that are able to make fishing experience come more quickly is firstly what you fish, and secondly your fishing level.

Whilst fishing, keep an eye out for sea trolls, and moving fishing spots. Both of these can slow your fishing experience drastically. Throughout the guide, my calculations are based on fishing sharks in the fishing guild, not in Mort'ton.

There are several 'common' things that fishers may like to catch:

* Fly fishing (trout and salmon)

* Pot fishing (lobsters)

* Harpoon fishing - 1 (tuna and swordfish)

* Harpoon fishing - 2 (sharks)

* Net fishing (monkfish)

* Mini-game (trawler)

In non-members, pot fishing is the most common method of income (for fishers). In members however, sharks provide the best profit.

~~~~~

Please note that from this point on, I will not be including the trawler mini-game in my calculations.

~~~~~

In terms of fishing experience, nothing goes past fly fishing. I'll post the experience rates:

Fly fishing (Shilo village) - 60k experience per hour.

Pot fishing (Fishing guild) - 27k experience per hour.

Harpoon fishing - 1 (Fishing guild) - 27k experience per hour.

Harpoon fishing - 2 (Fishing guild) - 12k experience per hour.

Net fishing (Monkfish) - 34k experience per hour.

Raw trout and salmon can be sold for 50gp each, meaning a profit of around 45k per hour.

Raw lobsters are currently around the 250gp each mark, 75k an hour.

Harpoon fishing - 1 will often result in the same cash per hour as lobsters.

Harpoon fishing - 2, often catching 110 raw sharks per hour - 100k an hour.

Net fishing, selling the raw monkfish at 300 each will make 90k an hour.

~~~~~

Just a few notes, when fly fishing I tend to get two salmon for every three trout. I also generally get one swordfish for every two tuna.

~~~~~

I will assume a starting level of 76 fishing and a goal level of 99. That's 11,697,988 experience.

For 99 fishing a total of:

121,500 trout AND 81k salmon.

130k lobsters

90k tuna AND 45k swordfish.

106.5k sharks

97.5k monkfish

In relation to time (profit):

212 Hours for fly fishing (10 million)

434 Hours for lobster fishing (43.5 million)

434 Hours for harpoon - 1 fishing (32.1 million)

975 Hours for harpoon - 2 fishing (106,5 million)

344 hours for Monk fishing (30 ,7illion)

Without any further calculations, it's clear that lobster and harpoon - 1 fishing are NOT worthwhile.

For an extra 132 hours, you make an extra 20 million (fly to monk). That's 150k an hour. Don't fish monks unless

your general income is less than 150k an hour.

For an extra 763 hours, you can make an extra 90 million (fly to shark). That's 118k an hour. Don't fish sharks unless your general income is less than 120k an hour.

~~~~~

Summary

~~~~~

Fly fishing is the most efficient method of gaining fishing experience, unless your income is under 150k an hour. If your income lies between 120k and 150k then fish monkfish. If your income is under 120k an hour, fish sharks.

Having said that - fly fishing is considerable more effort in relative fishing terms, but it's still easy. 

[size="6"]Crafting[/size]

Crafting is, perhaps, one of the must under-rated skills throughout RuneScape. You either love it, or you hate there isn't generally any middle ground.

In the case of crafting, the goal level is 90 as that is the highest current crafting item. At 90 crafting, an average income of 600k per hour can be achieved.

In this guide, I will examine a variety of training methods including:

Tanning and crafting GREEN leather.

Tanning and crafting BLUE leather.

Crafting GREEN leather.

Crafting BLUE leather.

Molten Glass

Opening a crafting shop (80+ crafting required)

Note, that calculations are based on getting 90 crafting from level 71.

Roughly 4.6 million experience is needed to reach level 90.

In terms of supplies, the average prices are:

Green Hides 1.63k each

Blue Hides 1.95k each

Green leather 1.75k each

Blue leather 2.1k each

Molten Glass 310gp

24.4k Green bodies (186 exp each)

21.6k Blue bodies (210 exp each)

86k Uncharged orbs (52.5 exp each)

Green bodies sell for 4532gp, 450 less than high alchemy price.

Blue bodies sell for 5443gp, 400 less than high alchemy price.

Uncharged orbs sell 150-160gp each.

It costs 20 gp per dragon hide to tan in Al kharid, and 45 in Canifis although Canifis is much faster.

Cost using green hides is 4950 per body, selling at 4532 you lose 418gp per body.

It costs 5910 per blue body, selling at 5443, you lose  467gp per body.

Using green leather, you lose 778gp per body.

loss for blue leather 917gp per body.

You lose 150gp per orb you make.

Total losses:

10,1mil (green hides)

10,8mil (blue hides)

18,9mil (green leather)

19,8mil (blue leathers)

412,9mil (glass) 

Glass just don't do it. It's the slowest experience of all, and molten glass i ahrd to buy. To craft more effectively, craft your hides on the way back from the tanner.

Approximate Times:

73 hours using green hides.

65 hours using blue hides.

17 hours using green leather

14.5 hours using blue leather 

To save 8 hours costs 0,9 million. That's 112k an hour. Don't make blue bodies (from hides) unless your income is more than 112k an hour.

It costs an extra 8,1 million to save 56 hours: 140k an hour. Don't make green bodies (from hides) unless your income is lower than 240k an hour.

Saving 2.5 hours costs 6.5 million: 2.5 million an hour. Don't make blue bodies from leathers.

In summary;

If your income is under 240k an hour, make green dragon hide bodies from hides. If it is above, make green dragon hide bodies from green leather.

Crafting can be a good way to get money if you can get a fury shop up and running but is in general just a great still with low profits but also close to low losses

this is still the best skiller guide out there

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

• 3 weeks later...