Transformer: The Movie

Latinoking

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been in to see the movie.

It was OK, the fight scenes had to much background clutter, the action was to fast, there was to many humans, the deceptions lacked personality.

Apart from that it was a good movie. They managed to keep the lame and cheesy jokes which were quite funny.

Out of 10, as a movie by itself I would give it a 8/10

As a movie in relation to the 1984 cartoon 5/10

Out of 10, as a movie by itself I would give it a 8/10

As a movie in relation to the 1984 cartoon 5/10

That's what has me reluctant to see it, but I probably should. Chances are I wont be that disapointed by it.

I say it is worth seeing. It lacked a bit of the cartoons charm and had too many humans but it is still a decent movie.

Here are a few more complaints I posted on another forum

[hide]The movie was a good watch, although here are my whiny complaints.

I thought the fighting in the city made the whole thing a bit too cluttered. Would of been easier to watch the combat if it was out in the wilderness like the cartoons.

What I want to know is why didn't the transformers kill all of the pesty little army guys who kept shooting machine guns at them. How did they even survive for so long?

I find it difficult to tell Starscream and megaton apart. A bit of colour would of been useful. There was also a complete lack of the rivalry between the two. I reckon Meagton should of gotten the cube, only to have it stolen by Starscream. When these two were fighting/arguing should of given prime a chance to steal it back.

I also could not distinguish Ironhide and Ratchet when they were in robot mode. One of them should of been white, the other red.

and where was primes trailer... the trailer was the best part of him. I also did not like his flashy paint job.[/hide]

I'm gonna go check this film out on my Vacation I'm not going to judge it to the cartoon because nothing ever lives up to the cartoon, comic., etc, I'll judge it by how good the movie is, but i have a feeling it's gonna be great :D

SO far the best summer movies in my option is

Spider-man 3 (yea i was one of the few who liked it alot)

Live free or Die Hard (best so far)

I hope transformers will make the 3rd addition on my list...

Fusionxx.png

This is one of my personally most anticipated movies of the year.... really looking forward to this one.

Ever since that Citreon commercial a few years back, with the car that turns into a psuedo-man, I knew they'd be making this movie :)

I was always a fan as a kid, had the sticker book and most of the toys lol. It's gonna be awesome.

Harrington.gif

Oh, I loved it. Of course you don't need to expect much from the story. It's just a cover for a lot of CGI action. Those robots are awesome, and their transformation is so sweet (as in Cartman sweet). Here and there it's hilarious, Shia leBouff is pretty cool and Megan Fox is hot as hell. Get a ticket and see this!

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

That was one of the coolest movies I've seen in a while, they did a great job with it :D

Does anybody know what movie the trailer was talking about with the party and the earthquakes and the explosion? It never said but I'm curious if anybody has any ideas, its really bothering me :(

Great movie, didn't get bored one minute.

[hide]At sometimes it seemed the camera was way too zoomed in on the battles, zooming out would have still made the action fun at times. I agree it would have been interesting to see more rivalry between the Decep's, even though the most arguments actually happened between the Autobots (beginning when they discuss wether to kill humans).

The visuals and sounds were awsome, as they as they can get. Story was nice, kept developing as the movie went on.

One question: Why did everything that got hit by the cube's ray turn to an evil robot only, and no good ones?

[/hide]

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

It certainly gives I, Robot a run for its money as far as product placement goes... did they really have to have a transforming Xbox 360 in there?

Great movie, I would suggest watching it even if u aren't a fan of Transformers (like me). I would watch it a few more times :P.

I suggest NOT reading this message unless u already saw the movie.

[hide]In the end, they set it up for a sequel because Starscreen or w/e (the jet transformer) never gets killed and shows him flying off to space. Also the scorpion guy in the beginning never gets killed, just runs away.[/hide]

That was one of the coolest movies I've seen in a while, they did a great job with it :D

Does anybody know what movie the trailer was talking about with the party and the earthquakes and the explosion? It never said but I'm curious if anybody has any ideas, its really bothering me :(

That trailer has been bothering me too! I've been reading around the internet, because I really want to know what this is, but it has no official name yet. There's a lot of speculation that it's a Godzilla re-hash, Voltron (forgive me, I have never heard of him), and some are speculating that the monster was the monster from Lost. I don't know, I've never seen Lost once.

Anyways, I saw it on the first day. I was very entertained the whole time, but I can't critique it, since I enjoy almost every movie I see, lol.

This is my original signature. You can't touch this.

I saw it the first day..I've never been a big fan of transformers, but the movie makes me want to go watch the cartoons now :?

It's one of the better movies I've ever seen..then again, I've never watched that many movies.

But yeah, this movie has 'Sequel' written all over it.

[hide]Especially at the end, where Prime says "To any autobots that may hear this, we are waiting"..or whatever he says.[/hide]

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Wow @ the specail effects. They were absolutly awesome. I forgot that that it was impossible for them to actually do that until the end of the movie. And by that I am simply saying that the movie has those "better than life" graphics that many games have.

Great movie, I would suggest watching it even if u aren't a fan of Transformers (like me). I would watch it a few more times :P.

I suggest NOT reading this message unless u already saw the movie.

[hide]In the end, they set it up for a sequel because Starscreen or w/e (the jet transformer) never gets killed and shows him flying off to space. Also the scorpion guy in the beginning never gets killed, just runs away.[/hide]

[hide] Yes it was Starscream which flew away at the end, sadly I left the movie before seeing that part :(. Also Barricade (the police car) does not get killed during the movie.

Also megaton would not be dead, they really should of melted him down instead of dropping him into the sea.[/hide]