treasure trial expirement...

swordb88

well i want to find out if the items u get are linked to clues.

like i had to do 3 of the same puzzle in a row...2 were the same clue (talk to wilough)

and i got a robin hood....anyone else that got a robin hood do this?

LOL invite? PM me :)

nosailing.png

Maxed Kitten.png

Clues ferment like wine... The longer you leave them sit, the better they are. Someone left theirs in their bank for like 2 months and got 3rd age kite.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

if you finished a clue, and jagex decieds to do roll-back right after you dig it up, and you have to do is dig up the reward again, you will get a different reward.

my friend has had this happen to him

legends2.jpg

Clues ferment like wine... The longer you leave them sit, the better they are. Someone left theirs in their bank for like 2 months and got 3rd age kite.

i let one sit for 5 months and the best from it was a rune plate

i left a level 1 clue in the bank for about a month or two and got several prayer pages :thumbsup:

OK this is how it works. Each time there is an update everything is reset, like store stocks, thats why a store will be full if you go into it right after a system update. Its the same for clues, if you dig up a clue right after an update, you have a higher chance of getting a better item, because the set number of a treasure trail items can is reset. There is a set number of rare items you can get per X amount of time, and after the update it is reset with a full stock.

scubanz3.jpg

4972745284559197a18112.gifRsn: Scuba10

i let one sit for 5 months and the best from it was a rune plate

i left a level 1 clue in the bank for about a month or two and got several prayer pages :thumbsup:

I left a level 3 in my bank for 5 months as an experiment, nothing better than rune legs and a sara page.
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

OK this is how it works. Each time there is an update everything is reset, like store stocks, thats why a store will be full if you go into it right after a system update. Its the same for clues, if you dig up a clue right after an update, you have a higher chance of getting a better item, because the set number of a treasure trail items can is reset. There is a set number of rare items you can get per X amount of time, and after the update it is reset with a full stock.

Intresting theroy, but no fact to back it up.

1) We dont know how items given in a TT are selected. The same is for barrows, we simply dont know the formuals.

2) For java programming this is both illogical and not realistic. In java getting a item is like a random number, some numbers have higher %'s to be given out than others, similar to drops from monsters.

Now some factors such as locations *MIGHT* influence what you recieve in your clue but even if they do, they are still only 1 part of the equation.

3) Jagex dosent set a *limit* on who gets what. As pointed out above, thats now how Java works. An update does not Reset the old code.

A simple test of this is show upon update days. Start killing a monster before the update, and get it to low health. Then after the update log back in and kill the same monster. You will notice it isnt full health.

This shows data continues even though the coding was updated.

Intresting hypothesis, but it simply dosent make sence and has no proof.

We dont know what the code is, so we simply cant state how random/unrandom them are, its all hypothesis.

dawnsigblue-3.png

1) We dont know how items given in a TT are selected. The same is for barrows, we simply dont know the formuals.

2) For java programming this is both illogical and not realistic. In java getting a item is like a random number, some numbers have higher %'s to be given out than others, similar to drops from monsters.

Now some factors such as locations *MIGHT* influence what you recieve in your clue but even if they do, they are still only 1 part of the equation.

3) Jagex dosent set a *limit* on who gets what. As pointed out above, thats now how Java works. An update does not Reset the old code.

A simple test of this is show upon update days. Start killing a monster before the update, and get it to low health. Then after the update log back in and kill the same monster. You will notice it isnt full health.

We dont know what the code is, so we simply cant state how random/unrandom them are, its all hypothesis.

You have not made an intelligent post.

1) Yes we do.

2) Some numbers do NOT have higher percentages. That is why it's called "RANDOM". How you explained it is definitely not how it works. I'd give an example now but I am short on time.

Here's a short one... you could get a random number from zero to the number of items in RuneScape. If the number happened to be the index in the array of items of a rare treasure trail item, you would get it.

3) There are two types of storage in computers: disk and memory. When something is written to a disk, it stays there until it is deliberately erased. It will not be lost if the drive is removed (and handled properly), or unplugged. However, memory IS lost when a computer is restarted. Some data for RuneScape is stored in memory. For example, if a monster is alive or not, a particular monster spawn's HP, if it's alive, the amount of items in a shop, etc... stuff like that ALL gets reset during an update, because they kick you off the game and restart the servers.

Monsters aren't at low HP after an update if you damaged them before. It gets reset.

Please go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page or learn something of the subject of discussion before posting in future. Thank you.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

It is totally random, but on a different note, I don't know why everyone complains

about getting puzzle boxes. :o After a bit of practice, I can now do a 15 piece sliding puzzle

in under 30 seconds (my record is 18.5 seconds, but 30 is my average).

The puzzles from Lv3 clues are 24 pieces, or maybe 35, I forget, but I <3: doing them, I

wish I'd get them more often.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

Personally, I don't care how unfounded that belief is, but I seem to get better items right after an update has occured, not in clues, but with monster drops.

I know I got a Black Mask this first kill after it was released, and I am positive I was the first person on that server to kill it. There are countless stories of people getting the new drop the first kill, when it is released.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Personally, I don't care how unfounded that belief is, but I seem to get better items right after an update has occured, not in clues, but with monster drops.

I know I got a Black Mask this first kill after it was released, and I am positive I was the first person on that server to kill it. There are countless stories of people getting the new drop the first kill, when it is released.

This is true with Hohto and her Dark bow.

I think that when the servers reset, there's more of a chance of getting a better item as a drop/reward. Although, I believe this to be true for everyone EXCEPT me, seeing as my luck just sucks all the time :lol: .

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

You have not made an intelligent post.

1) Yes we do.

2) Some numbers do NOT have higher percentages. That is why it's called "RANDOM". How you explained it is definitely not how it works. I'd give an example now but I am short on time.

Here's a short one... you could get a random number from zero to the number of items in RuneScape. If the number happened to be the index in the array of items of a rare treasure trail item, you would get it.

3) There are two types of storage in computers: disk and memory. When something is written to a disk, it stays there until it is deliberately erased. It will not be lost if the drive is removed (and handled properly), or unplugged. However, memory IS lost when a computer is restarted. Some data for RuneScape is stored in memory. For example, if a monster is alive or not, a particular monster spawn's HP, if it's alive, the amount of items in a shop, etc... stuff like that ALL gets reset during an update, because they kick you off the game and restart the servers.

Monsters aren't at low HP after an update if you damaged them before. It gets reset.

Please go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page or learn something of the subject of discussion before posting in future. Thank you.

Things you see written on wikipedia don't count as valid sources. seriously, thats the first thing they tell you on any kind of research assignment. It's a good site to get basic information about a subject.. and can be a good jumping off point to help you search deeper to find real evidence. But as a source of reliable facts it's very unreliable.

I'd like to see where you got the evidence for your theory as you don't even cite a wiki reference for it. I'm not saying it's untrue, because there is a logic to it. But just claiming that it that's how it works doesnt make it so.

On topic: i've never found a metho for getting better rewards. A friend of mine got 3rd age mage top from the easiest 4 step clue he'd ever done, while i've had 7 step clues with awkward puzzles and had junk rewards. i've let them sit and done them straight away with no difference in reward and also i've never really noticed a difference in how the monster that dropped the clue affects the reward.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Like other mini games and monsters drops there some myths regarding TT and its rewards.

Some of these myths are:

1. 6 steps clues have better rewards then 4 steps

2. Wildy clues have better rewards then non-wildy

3. Clues involving coordinates/Puzzle/certain location have better rewards.

4. Clue is like wine...let it mature in your bank for a week or more then go do it.

Like all theories, it takes only one opposite case to refute it

From my xp,and i did lots of clues, those myths are just well...myths, its all random. 4-6 steps, wildy/non wildy,coordinates, it doesn't realy matter.

The random number generator will say the last word when you open the chest.

For java programming this is both illogical and not realistic......

....thats now how Java works....

Will you stop with the Java talk. It has nothing to do with Java,this code could be written in any programming language....

true, very true, untill Jagex will release their source code we can only speculate whats the algorithm behind it.

My theory about the TT rewards genrator algorithm is:

TT rewards are divided into 4-6 "boxes"(tables), where each boxes can have 1/more entries.

For example:

In Box1 you will have GP,Laws,nats etc while Box6 contains 3rd items.

The probablity of getting item from box 1 are high while the chances of getting items from the box6 are extremly low.

The algorithm might work as follow:

- Pick the number of rewards

* while there are rewards to give (in code, while (num_of_rewards !=0) )

** pick a rewards table

** pick a reward from the selected table.

** if the reward not selected yet

*** if reward is stackable

**** pick a quantity of the reward.

*** add it to the rewards pile

*** --num_of_rewards

* end_of_while loop

i do believe the algorithm is somewhere near...

On topic: i've never found a metho for getting better rewards. A friend of mine got 3rd age mage top from the easiest 4 step clue he'd ever done, while i've had 7 step clues with awkward puzzles and had junk rewards. i've let them sit and done them straight away with no difference in reward and also i've never really noticed a difference in how the monster that dropped the clue affects the reward.

Oh how true. I got a clue from Mith drags the day they came out. First two were World coors; then Wildy coor; then two anagrams, and I got rune axe, 3 rune b-axes, and a rune pik -.-.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

This is true with Hohto and her Dark bow.

I think that when the servers reset, there's more of a chance of getting a better item as a drop/reward. Although, I believe this to be true for everyone EXCEPT me, seeing as my luck just sucks all the time :lol: .

me too.

Clues seem fairly randomn to me though, done loads of clue, nothing good.i mean about 100 lvl 3 clues :o

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

i *think* it was a 4 step clue i did

either way i had to LOG out coz i had to go in wild to avoid pkers

i got robin hood

if logging out increases betetr drop chances maybe it increases better rewards?

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Clues are Random!

I seena guy left his in for 2 years(he quit and returned) and only got rune stuff

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

We have to remember, you don't have the same chance to get a 3rd age item as a god page! Lets just say that 1 in 1000 clues have a 3rd age item from them. I'm willing to bet that 500 of those clues also had a black d'hide body/chaps. My view is that each item has a % of chance that it will be in your clue. But, they are RANDOM. That is why you could just get 11 sweets and 2 mage longbows, or a 3rd age kiteshield with a guilded helm to boot!

wartortlelove.jpg