Am I being selfish just cause I quit and still have a rare?

jak722

3k accounts??

Is gaia a mmorpg? Can you trade money between accounts? If so, you could have taken those accounts, sold the gold, and been rich irl. Not that you should have. I was just outlining an alternate possibility...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3k accounts??

Is gaia a mmorpg? Can you trade money between accounts? If so, you could have taken those accounts, sold the gold, and been rich irl. Not that you should have. I was just outlining an alternate possibility...

My concience would have killed me if I accepted those accounts... :(

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Cant let anyone else make decisions for you

I would say to not quit playing, but that is my oppinion =(

It's just a game. You don't even play, don't look into it much. Too many philosophies, but they all end up eventually meaning nothing as this is just a game.

That guy seemed to be a bit of a breast to me...All the time he spent begging you for your rare he could have made the money on runescape to buy one for himself :lol:

Nope you aint been selfish, he is just trying to get you to take pity on him and convince you that you really dont need it, and bribing you with that gold and accounts for the other game..no thanks, keep him blocked :shame:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

phr33 mask pl0x?

no... jk...

i would be happy to take it though =p

well remember, u did the right thing not giving him the mask and saving it to give to me

u shouldnt have givin him the gaia thing back, it would have made him mad and u deserved it for giving him phr33 st00f and not me =(

267127978_7ce99a3425_m.jpg

gota problem with my lazur?

My concience would have killed me if I accepted those [3k Gaia Online] accounts... :(

This is the part of the story that makes me the most suspicious of your new "friend." How did he get a list of 3000 accounts and passwords to an MMO? Chances are -- he did it by scamming.

Even without that fun little warning sign, and the 50 or so times he begged you to break RS rules by accepting out-of-game stuff for your rares, he was the selfish one and you were most assuredly not.

With those HUGE FLASHING RED LIGHTS, however, consider it a public service that you kept your rares out of the hands of a freaking parasite like that.

D

(They'll get my rares when they pry them from my cold dead fingers... unless I alch them first. :twisted: )

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

If I ever quit, and I might do that one day, I will never have that giant leaving the game bank sale because who knows if I'm quitting permanently or just going for a very extended break? I'd rather keep all my junk, useful or otherwise just so if I ever return to the game, I can pick up where I left off, even if it means spending a few hours reading up on Tip.it's guides to bring me back up to speed on some things.

And I will never ever "pass on" my character to another player regardless of their relation to me. Would you "pass on" your left arm (right arm for you north paws) to somebody else? Of course not. [self-censor: reknown RS player] would never pass on his character as well since he spent so much time developing his character and anybody else would misrepresent him and his views.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Really, you should be able to do whatever you want with the rares, a lot of people come back to Runescape after a time away and find that their rare comes in very handy. Personally, the guy is just using you to get your rares and you should make sure that you do not talk to him again, he can't be much of a friend if he is using you.

lets roleplay both aspects that are most likely of 3 possible.

aspect 1, you return.

you return to find, most likely your rare has risen in price, stayed the same(somewhat likely) or fallen in price(not all that likely.) good for you, your an investor and you played the game with patience and intelligence.

aspect 2, you never return, removing 2 of the most mass produced rares and some that are the most coveted for small rares(example, santa more desirable then egg) this makes other rare owners happy because the items they own now are rarer.

aspect 3, you give it away and that person does whatever they want with it. you make a friend forever happy, or are played the fool.

really, who are you hurting? the way that guy is talking to you, i would not give it to him if i as going to give my rare away.

selfish for not giving a kid an item on an online game because YOU worked for it? [sarcasm] yes. [/sarcasm]

I hate people that think the world revolves around them and they think you should do everything in your power to make them happy. news flash to them, they werent the ones working for the item. if his life goal is to wear a discontinued item on an online game, i hope the best for that kid in the future. he will need it.

you did nothing wrong. If I were in the same position, I would have done the same thing.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Selfish? nah not even close... you are kind :lol:

If it was me, he will have gotten nothing!

He was just trying to take advantage of you cause you are being nice giving him all those items in the first place.

:thumbsup: for you,you are a nice person

runemsanta,zzzprozzz.gif

The thing about rares is that they are basically symbols of wealth and power. Everybody wants to be bold and beautiful and rich as hell. So here comes the greed part.

The whole selfish topic is a pseudoproblem created by greed. You hear someone is quitting and he has a rare or four. Wee, time to try to get your piece of power. Even if you don't act on this thought, it still crosses our minds in the form of "wouldn't it be cool..." or whatever. So the guy goes ahead and just quits. And there people think duh I didn't get any, he's really selfish.

The excuse for calling it selfish is absurd. Most people get rares to keep them (for showing off), that would be same kind of selfish. It doesn't matter if you play or not, the pixels are still stuck in YOUR bank not theirs.

In the end of the day, you don't have to excuse yourself about how you use your sharks for example. Why is this any different? It's a question of private belongings not a question of omg-do-the-public-some-good-and-give-away-all-your-phats. If it's yours, alch it, drop it, give it away, do whatever you wish because it belongs to you NOT to the community.

And about this particular guy, I'm a patient person and all but I would've blocked him long before it got that nasty. He's a jerk of a higher degree.

sig.gif

don't worry about him. Im guessing you earned your rares fairly and therefore should not feel obligated to give them up. If you come back, great... if not, oh well. You could let him know how you made your money, but other than that, let him do it himself.

I never give something I'm really attached to for anyone unless I completely trust them. Even then, the only three people I have ever let wear my yellow paper crown and returned it are the closest friends I ever have both online and off.

You did the right thing, it reminds me of somebody years ago which demanded the same thing. :-k

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

No, your not being selfish, that arsehole was trying to scam you and you didn't even understand it?!?

The items you worked for are YOURS and you are not obligated to give them to anyone. Stop letting him make you feel like you should, this thread is exactly what he wants. Additionally, trading stuff in RS for stuff in an other game is illegal. Also, both of the characters (yours and his) can (and don't believe they wont) get banned, because this ultimately falls under account sharing.

No offence, but stop being naive and stand your ground.

Noble_Skull.gif

Proud member of The Slayer's Guild

You have no obligation what so ever to give 'the hat :P' away to anyone even if you did quit.

You earnt it, you own it, why should anyone else have it unless YOU decide YOU want them to?

I was just glad to see you didnt cave in to his pressuring. :thumbsup: =D>

The fact he offered his password to try and convince you to give it to him is ridiculous.

Selfish? NO

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.