Am I being selfish just cause I quit and still have a rare?

jak722

He was the one being selfish. Good thing you stood up for yourself and you didn't give him your rares that you worked so hard for. Noobs like that would almost say and do anything these days for a piece of a rare.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention seeking topic #100,238,000,201

Zoidnerd didnt do that he just gave em away, dont post dumb attention seeking topics.

sandmansig.jpg

Pyromancer, next time you touch my signature, dont take everything about buddy.

This is Zoidnerd, im banned on rs for 2 moar dais so smd kai? Btw a cooked bread once told me he did things to little boys. I didnt name any names so deal with it.

You're calling yourself selifsh, when he wanted all the stuff? C'mon...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

From what I can tell your 'friend' is really a loser. So what if you quit with rares? Whoop-de-doo, cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it. It's your stuff not his, he's just one of those greedy snobs out there, and obviously only cares for his well being. It's a good choice you made, I would've done the same.

I've retired from Runescape with a good amount of rares, and you won't see them in world two for along, long time - if ever.

Zoidnerd didnt do that he just gave em away, dont post dumb attention seeking topics.

Flaming topic #927,403,975,407?

Zoidnerd is just another person. Sure, he was really generous, and nice, but this ISN'T him. From what I saw in that convo, he IS generous. And he might return to RS, so he is keeping the items. Nothing in the topic which tells me he's attention seeking. He merely wants his conscience clear.

Anyways, you're not being selfish at ALL. A whole LOT of people do that. It's a smart move, in all honesty. You're protecting a good, solid future in a runescape you might come back in. That's the smart thing to do. He's being a jerk.

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

he's a scammer. he's one of those people who trys to make you feel guilty then take advantage of it. if they don't give in on that account, they'll make or use another of theirs sometimes and say "hey, i heard you're quitting and have a rare. can i have it that way there'll still be enough rares?" or something like that.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

You were not being selfish, as those two rares were rightfully yours and you worked hard to obtain them.

That other player was nothing more than a lifeless nerd, to have been so obsessed with getting his hands on those rares, and getting as upset as he had over failing to get them was simply pathetic.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Well, it's a weird case. Rares mean a whole lot to some people. There are many who would gladly part with what might be a month's pay where I work to get one. Just to be a donkey and stash it away when I quit (I assume in this situation I will not return) just to make it harder for someone else to have one?

Yeah, that's a bit selfish, if you're never going to come back. But if you might come back, it might do you a little good to keep it.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

Well, this was an exchange, after all the guy did offer something in return for the rares, something of equal value. But, looks like nikel was still attached to his Rs possessions even though he quit.

2480+ total

Youre a hundred years too early if you say I post attention seeking topics here in this forum.

You should go back to lurking.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

people are just idiots on this topic, there are many of them who will try to scam/hack anyone they come by in the game or outside it, the worst ones are those that can even manage to pretend being your friend while all the time thinking about the rares you own, just dont tell anyone you have them to be safest :P

Yea most of the people are right. I've left RuneScape and i kept one of my best items in there just in case i wanna go back. It's just peoples way of making shure that if they come back they have something worth selling to get back on track.

the_foo_1000.png

2104th to 99 Hunting January 10th 2008

Proud Fan Of The Offspring Since 1998

No way man, he was the one being selfish. You go ahead and keep those rares as long as that's what you feel obligated to do. Good luck with whatever those plans to coming back or not to Runescape may be, it doesn't really matter. You worked hard for them and it's good to know you have them, playing or not. :wink:

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Just like everyone else in the 40 posts that beat me I think he was being the selfish one, I don't plan to sell my rare ever or give it away, and I don't expect my friends to give me theirs if they quit. \'

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

He just wanted fr33 st00f.

Besides, if he wasn't going to sell them, then your rares are removed from the economy either way. It doesn't matter.

(And a santa hat is going to rot in my bank forever too.)

kindness.png

yes u are being extremely selfish. to rid urself of this selfishness, u must give me ur sanata, and possibly ur mask for betetr results. thanks

And.... this will this ensure me getting into heaven too? :-k

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.