Eragon worth reading?

Abelmisi

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sabriel Trilogy (sabriel, lirael, abhorsen , across the wall) - Garth Nix

Totally agreement! Those are some of the best books EVER.

have you read shade's children? Its not in the same fantasy style but its fantastic. Imo its better than that trilogy.

Wow, shades children must have been five or six years ago for me :shock: I'd forgotten about it :lol:

Shutup.jpg

Golden Sun= the best game ever made?

Farming and construction are dumb. I am proud to have level 1 in both.

How to write very bad guides (B3$7 3\/4R!!!!1)

Eragon is worth reading, but it's not the greatest book of all time. Some fantasy that I like better are: Harry Potter, Wheel of Time, Chronicles of Narnia and Dune.

"Nobody cheers for Goliath"

~Wilt Chamberlain~

I don't know if it's worth reading over watching... I mean garette Hedlund... Grooooowwwwl <3:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

everyone had a hype fest when eragon was published because the author was still in his teens...sure, good for him, but basically the entire plot was ripped, his writing style is awful, and character development is forced. :roll:

if you want a good read, narnia, lord of the rings, and his dark materials are excellant...if you want something a bit more challenging, try [bleep]ens...his books are some of the best ive read...not really medieval fantasy, but hey. ::'

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I dunno, I didn't want to sound like the only books I've read so far are the Harry Potter series, I've read a lot of others including Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Twist Oliver and loads of others. It's just I didn't enjoy those, HP is among the few books that actually "got me interested".

it's called oliver twist you noob.

Well here in Hungary, we use first names last and last names first. So you would be Clips Paper, rather than Paper Clip, you noob.

All others, keep it up and thanks a bunch for the books posted so far. :)

rickastleywh7.png

movie sucked. book didn't. neither did eldest, the sequel. and empire (the third one) probably won't either once it comes out. a few suggestions are:

Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card

Ender's Shadow, by Orson Scott Card

Rainbow Six, by Tom Clancy

Beowulf by... I forget who.

The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis

His Dark Materials (a series), by Phillip Pullman (i think)

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

If you like fantasy/science fiction books, you'll like this book. The only problems I found with the book was very bad dialogue and main characters injecting hordes of deus ex machina steroids.

I dunno how many of you guys know what the bolded words up there in the quote means, but I love to show-off my knowledge.

It means like a sudden happening of a item/person/ect suddenly appears or comes and saves the moments.

Example- Eragon is standing there with two guys about to chop off his head, then suddenly Brom and Murtagh pop up and shoot arrows threw those two guys heads - thats a deus ex machina

sorry, just had to point that out

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

If you like fantasy/science fiction books, you'll like this book. The only problems I found with the book was very bad dialogue and main characters injecting hordes of deus ex machina steroids.

I dunno how many of you guys know what the bolded words up there in the quote means, but I love to show-off my knowledge.

It means like a sudden happening of a item/person/ect suddenly appears or comes and saves the moments.

Example- Eragon is standing there with two guys about to chop off his head, then suddenly Brom and Murtagh pop up and shoot arrows threw those two guys heads - thats a deus ex machina

Another name for it is authorial fiat. J.K. Rowling is extremely guilty of it.

Another name for it is authorial fiat. J.K. Rowling is extremely guilty of it.

yeah, JKR is to - but of course you gotta throw those in their somewhere

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Don't read Shade's Children if your parents don't let you read adult content, if you know what I mean. It's a pretty good book, though.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Here's a list of my favs after reading HP:

- The Hobbit by Tolkien

- Lord of the Rings trilogy by Tolkien

- The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix

- His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman

- Tales of the Otori series by Lian Hearn

- The Hungry City Chronicles by Philip Reeve

- Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke

:shame: DON'T READ ARTEMIS FOWL.

Those are some of the stupidest books ever..

I agree... they are pretty bad.

I'm reading it right now, and it's pretty good.

Whether or not it's a good book is an opinion, and people tend to have different opinions. So if I were you, I'd read the beginning. If you're hooked, keep reading. If it's decent, you might as well finish the book. If you think it sucks, maybe read a little more than stop if you still think it sucks.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

• 2 years later...

The movie was an embarrassment.

Paolini does borrow a lot from LOTR, and I mean a lot, but all fantasy writers owe him a massive debt, and he pays his in a respectful and well-crafted manner.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

The movie was an embarrassment.

Paolini does borrow a lot from LOTR, and I mean a lot, but all fantasy writers owe him a massive debt, and he pays his in a respectful and well-crafted manner.

Stop bumping so many threads. :wall:

And yes, I'm aware that by posting this I'm technically bumping the thread too.

Talk about an old thread :P I'll comment anyway :XD:

I enjoyed the books but I hated myself for enjoying them.. there's NOTHING original in the books. It's all copied from LotR, Star Wars, Dragonriders of Pern, etc. In one of the books you almost read a line exactly like "Luke, I am your father." Except it's like "Eragon, I am your half brother."

A great book series to read if you love Harry Potter is The Tapestry.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I've read all three books (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr). I like them a lot. I know that he has copied a bunch from other works of fiction, but I still enjoy the stories.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

:wall:

Eragon is awful.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I know this is three (!) years old, and Abelmisi has probably already read it, but the answer to the thread question: [bleep] no.

p2gq.jpg