UNoffical Tip It Clan Chat! Join Channel: Lightning

Fudgy999

I recently have become more leniant with the channel rules, Ive noticed since we've moved to Lightning a lot more people are mature and I havn't had to kick many people, you certainly shouldn't of got kicked for asking.... or even warned for that matter :/

You see what happened is Zezima was on at the time and everyone was talking about him. One of the mods said final warning. If anyone talks about Zez again. Bye bye. (or something similar) So I said "I have a question. Don't kick me but Why is zez a banned topic. Its like talking about any other person."

No one answered...

I asked again "Why is he a banned topic." Boom. Kicked.

I still have that question, but no where on this thread is there an answer. And how can it cause spam. Saying "Zez is in Yanille." It won't cause this: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@. Eh?

And also, the chat has indeed matured because people who used to spam it don't know the new channel name, but I think we need to make a new channel so lightning's name isn't tied up.

There :P I said it all :)

1.png
generic_signature.png

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules

2. Please refrain from spamming or activitys which result in it.

This Includes:

- Obvious Spamming, e.g "@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@"

- Asking For Peoples Stats -- It can result in a lot of responses.

- Pointless Questions - "Say 111 if you hate spam!"

- Repeatedly advertising that you are selling/buying, once occasionally is fine.

It says OBVIOUS SPAM. How do mods take that for no Zez talk? I think the mods need to meet and really go over how things are going to have to work. If they aren't there, and users never see them on, no mod status.

4. Do not flame other users, it isn't very nice and may upset another player. It is also not fair on other users in the channel.

WHat about everyone who was flaming Zez :roll:

1.png
generic_signature.png

I've had several bad experiences with mods. Someone flamed me so I said something back. Guess what, I got kicked but the other person didn't. They also kicked one of my accounts who is permanently muted! There is no way I could have spammed when I'm muted... And someone kicked me right when I joined for no reason. I think Lightning needs to pick better people who don't go power hungry and can actually type. I hate seeing a mod typing "naw u ned 2 b quiet d0nt sp@m" It gets annoying. They know who they are... So Lightning, if you read this, please pick better mods who don't ruin the chat. Thanks. Message me if you want to know the mods who were being out of line.

wpsig1ht5.gif

I use clan chat everytime I log into Runescape. But I don't talk much (or type, if you want to put it that way..) and I remember when someone said if I was clan chat autoer :uhh: :oops: Well, all I can say is without clan chat, I would be bored. It helps when you have supportive people around you and you can talk to them. Never got kicked out from chat and I hope I'll never be..

I use clan chat everytime I log into Runescape. But I don't talk much (or type, if you want to put it that way..) and I remember when someone said if I was clan chat autoer :uhh: :oops: Well, all I can say is without clan chat, I would be bored. It helps when you have supportive people around you and you can talk to them. Never got kicked out from chat and I hope I'll never be..

Same here. I use it every time I come on and I was quite peeved when I was kicked because I was fletching and it was sooo boring. I always use it, more than many mods, and yet I was kicked for (see above posts)

1.png
generic_signature.png

Click the clan chat tab on Runescape

(Left of the friends icon)

Click the "Join channel" button and type in "Lightning"

Once in, type / to talk

I.e /Hi :)

well guessing that was pointed at me, i know how to do that! im just asking how we get accepted to join there? it seems that we have to do something to get a rank to get in, seeing a couple posts about it im guessing thats the case, especially to keep out spammers..

yarlyyo3.gif

^^^Click for My Newgrounds Page!

This chat is a life saver when your fletching etc for a long time..

Mature at least 90% of the time :)

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Click the clan chat tab on Runescape

(Left of the friends icon)

Click the "Join channel" button and type in "Lightning"

Once in, type / to talk

I.e /Hi :)

well guessing that was pointed at me, i know how to do that! im just asking how we get accepted to join there? it seems that we have to do something to get a rank to get in, seeing a couple posts about it im guessing thats the case, especially to keep out spammers..

Actually no, you can just join.

Ananke32.png

cowman_133 or anyone else for this matter.

If you have a problem with any of the chat ops there, please private message me here and i will look into it. Though this might take some time as i am not too well atm and why i haven't been in runescape or the boards much. But i will see what i can do .

Urg prehaps in future i should read my pms before posting here.

Seems i had a few complaints from users about chat ops in the lightning channel. Just to overall this all. I will speak to those concerned. i'm sure something can be sorted out. I gues the rules now are a little too strict for a mature channel, but first i need to talk to the main chat ops there and see how they feel about lightening up on the rules a little.

I have seen one or two chat ops are taking the rules a little tight and well they had no guidence from me cause i been away. So please don't blame them at all.

[hide]

I've had several bad experiences with mods. Someone flamed me so I said something back. Guess what, I got kicked but the other person didn't. They also kicked one of my accounts who is permanently muted! There is no way I could have spammed when I'm muted... And someone kicked me right when I joined for no reason. I think Lightning needs to pick better people who don't go power hungry and can actually type. I hate seeing a mod typing "naw u ned 2 b quiet d0nt sp@m" It gets annoying. They know who they are... So Lightning, if you read this, please pick better mods who don't ruin the chat. Thanks. Message me if you want to know the mods who were being out of line.
[/hide]

No offence but if you go in chat on a perm muted account you are taking up space.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

[hide]
[/hide]

No offence but if you go in chat on a perm muted account you are taking up space.

Even perm muted players deserves to be there, sure they cant talk. But many of us use the chat to get less bored doing skills,

cappa_norra.png

Valuable drops ??? Ohhhh yes, let me see cabbage

rswstatement.jpg

[hide]
[/hide]

Is it possible to fill up a chat channel? I'm thinking 100 players is max, but I dunno... Anyway, if that's true, Lightning has never been anywhere NEAR full. I've never seen more than thirty people in there. Sometimes, it's been as low as five people (after Halo 3 came out :D ). Anyways, it really doesn't matter, as it'll never fill up, whether a muted player's on there or not.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

[hide]
[/hide]

Is it possible to fill up a chat channel? I'm thinking 100 players is max, but I dunno... Anyway, if that's true, Lightning has never been anywhere NEAR full. I've never seen more than thirty people in there. Sometimes, it's been as low as five people (after Halo 3 came out :D ). Anyways, it really doesn't matter, as it'll never fill up, whether a muted player's on there or not.

I think its 200.

But my point is, that one day it could fill up and some guy can't get in due to someone who is muted being in.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Well, when I was on my pure runescapew44 manage to kick me, after I said "Nazgul is a noob" to nazgul, and he knows me as a friend. Yet he didnt ask, he just saw an idiot going: KICK KICK KICK! and kicked me. Do people even bother seeing the right and wrong? If I was spamming, I wouldnt speak once in an minute. I can tell how well this is going.

Ranged Crave

(This is Bolt_Scimmy/Boom_Is_Near)

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

[hide]
[/hide]

Excuse me, but are you calling me fat? I was telling them what a bad job mods are doing. They kicked a muted guy. That proves they have no idea what they are doing and giving tip it an even worse name. So watch who you talk to buddy. I have more rights than you.
wpsig1ht5.gif

[hide]
[/hide]

Excuse me, but are you calling me fat? I was telling them what a bad job mods are doing. They kicked a muted guy. That proves they have no idea what they are doing and giving tip it an even worse name. So watch who you talk to buddy. I have more rights than you.

Lets just cool of a little.

*everyone cools off*

I agree that muted people are still people and if they are like me, they just like to read the posts. Perfectly fine. :-w

1.png
generic_signature.png

Mehh everyone's welcome to join the chat, muted or not. As long as you don't give us any reason to kick you, do stay. Let's lay off on the 'i have more rights than you.' Rules are subject to the chat mod's interpretation so some may seem more strict than others.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Can someone tell me why someone moderating the chat gets to make up rules regarding what we're allowed to talk about, and then kick people out for asking questions about it, when the topic being discussed is clearly NOT offensive, or in violation of any rules of Runescape? It seems like arbitrary decisions like this are going to ruin the clan chat.

We were talking about alcohol. Nothing in any rules in this thread or on Runescape say this isn't allowed.

Can someone tell me why someone moderating the chat gets to make up rules regarding what we're allowed to talk about, and then kick people out for asking questions about it, when the topic being discussed is clearly NOT offensive, or in violation of any rules of Runescape? It seems like arbitrary decisions like this are going to ruin the clan chat.

We were talking about alcohol. Nothing in any rules in this thread or on Runescape say this isn't allowed.

I dont know about that alchohol stuff, but often people are talking about drugs etc, which btw happens to be against the rules

[hide=proof from JaGeX Rules Section]

What do you mean by offensive or inappropriate language?

This includes (but is not limited to): discussion of recreational drugs, sexually explicit language, solicitation, racism or other prejudice, threatening, blackmail and swearing. It's simply a matter of common sense - try not to say anything that someone might find offensive.

[/hide]

And the chat mods in the clan chat can 'make the rules' according to what they find offensive and what not.

For example, if someone blasts yo momma jokes, i kick without asking, because i have said no yo momma jokes many times, and because to my real life situation yo momma jokes are EXTREAMELY offensive.

Where someone else might kick/find offensive if you say something else.

People need to understand that what is not offensive for you, might offend someone else, and for example ask other people something like 'Is everyone ok with '.

That way we can prevent wrong/unrightful kicks.

As twiley mentioned, dont give us a reason to kick you, and you wont be kicked.

That works with Jagex rules too. Dont break rules = you wont be punished. It's common sense.

Im not saying that chat mods are allmighty people who can do whatever they want and for whatever reason, or that all chat mods are top quality (i know one or two chat mods who disappointed me). As Lightning mentioned couple times earlier, if you have problems with chat mods or if chat mod is abusing his/her powers, just PM her and she'll deal with it.

It's totally no use to whine in public that this guy did this and that did that. Or have you seen anything changed?

Just come to chat, have fun chatting with others while skilling/training and report abusers (to jagex trough report abuse and to chat mods so they can kick them if needed).

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

But offensiveness should be judged by the chat as a whole, not a moderator. It's not a moderator's job to filter out what they personally find offensive, their job is to filter out stuff the community as a whole will find offensive. And if a moderator can't be impartial like that, then they shouldn't be moderating a chat.

Offensiveness should be judged by Jagex rules as well, and moderators do have the power to do what they want AS LONG AS THEY CAN RATIONALIZE THEIR DECISIONS.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

[hide]Well, when I was on my pure runescapew44 manage to kick me, after I said "Nazgul is a noob" to nazgul, and he knows me as a friend. Yet he didnt ask, he just saw an idiot going: KICK KICK KICK! and kicked me. Do people even bother seeing the right and wrong? If I was spamming, I wouldnt speak once in an minute. I can tell how well this is going.[/hide]
That's the reason why i don't go in that horrible clan chat. :|

Moderators have made a few bad calls here and there but ultimately, anyone saying anything inappropriate needs kicking even if you personally don't find it offensive.

And on the topic of people voting who to kick, put it this way. Lets say there are 25 people on the chat. Someone starts dicussing lets say alcohol. We vote and 20/25 people find it okay. But those 5 other people don't. One of them is a chat op. The 5 people aren't going to get any less offended and the chat op has every right to kick.

Basically what I mean is that if even 1/1000 people vote against it, the should be kicked.

Counter-arguements = =;

1.png
generic_signature.png