UNoffical Tip It Clan Chat! Join Channel: Lightning

Fudgy999

[hide=quote]

I have proof of a chat mod abusing their powers and being a hypocrite if anyone wants to see. Oh yeah, and when I was kicked on my perm muted account it wasn't an accident. Someone said hahah fake zezima kick him and so this mod did. Who weirdly enough, I have proof of that mod like I said above. Message me for it.

I also have picture proof of a mod abusing powers. Luckily this mod is not a tip.it crewbie or tip.it mod. I sent it to lightning, 5-6 days later it still has not even been read...

As far as kicking by mistake goes, when you try to kick a player, you right click their name and select "kick". Next time, take an extra 1-2 seconds to read the name before selecting kick :wink:

[/hide]

I agree. Lightning never reads mine either. It doesn't feel like she is making a big effort to keep the mods clean and not abusive. Tipit is heading downhill more and more each day.

For the time being, I don't see tip.it as having anything to do with this chat. Tip.its staff does a great job, and has little invlovement (if any) with the chat. This is another reason the chat needs to be in the hands of tip.it, so players do not confuse bad things with the chat with tip.it when as of now, they should not. As the chat is endorsed by tip.it, the chat reflects back on tip.it.

The best way I see to solve the mod problem would be to only allow tip.it crewbies or mods to be a mod on the chat. An abusive tip.it volunteer/staff has more to lose then an everyday user. Overtime, non tip.it staff could be made chat mods when proven responsible users.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady, I will certainly agree that there has been plenty of "omg wtf stupid mod nub," which is never called for, by any means. Frankly, I don't think "nub" is called for ever. It's spelled noob or newb. According to English language precedent, the only way a "u" could be pronounced as an "oo" sound would be with a silent "e," as "nube."

But I digress, as I'm way off-topic here.

I have seen times when people have made perfectly coherent, non-flaming arguments against power abuse--though perhaps with a bit of rage fueling them--who have been kicked. I've also seen mods who, in a bad mood, began kicking people who talked about perfectly rule-abiding things that the mod simply didn't like. This is what aggravates me. I understand misclicks perfectly well, and while I'd be annoyed if it happened to me, I certainly wouldn't flame. I also have agreed with kicks and warnings plenty of times; the mods, as a whole, are fair in their judgements.

We have two problems in the chat, but they are easily corrected.

Firstly, while I respect Lightning more than she can possibly imagine (as far as I'm concerned, Zez has nothing on her), it's not a good idea for her to be chat owner when she rarely plays any more. However, she also has the best name possible for the chat--personally, I think many of the existing mods' names would be quite annoying to type in every time. Perhaps, then, we should decide on a new owner with a short, simple name. To help the solution for the second problem, and prevent feuds among Tipiters, I suggest that a Tif vote be held for the new owner, from a list of the existing mods.

The second problem would be easily remedied by following the solution I outlined for the first. A select few chat mods, I believe, have been poorly chosen and abuse their power. (I'll name no names here.) However, of all of these mods, I can't think of a single one who isn't a moral, upstanding player; they just get overzealous with a lust for power. I don't think any of them need to be permanently de-modded, and certainly not banned from the chat.

If we had a chat owner who was present every day--and I can think of plenty who fit the bill--then whenever a considerable amount of people think a mod is abusing his or her power, and have a coherent argument for their opinion (no "omg wtf nub mod!"), the chat owner could speak to the relevant mod, de-mod them for a probation period, and re-grant mod status after a day or a week.

Of course, anyone who ridiculed the de-modded player during this time should be kicked post-haste.

I really hope someone of importance, like any of you well-respected mods, will think this plan through and present it to Lightning with a considerable number of you supporting it.

Yours,

Dragoon5464

Dragoon5464.png

What I've heard and what I've seen, there is one way to prevent these spammers. There should be more chat mods from different time zones, that are reliable. Example 2 from America, 2 from U.K and the list goes on. But still it isn't enough. There is no way to stop people spmming without harming other players. For example, an update that you can't type on every 10 seconds or something like that.

There has always been spammers, just like autoers. Ignoring list is good, and so it is "report abuse" button. Sometimes there are more pmods, who can't kick spammers than cmods, who can kick.

Lightning has been away so long, that more cmods have left from chat and there is more burden on other cmods.

Just my thoughts..

We became chat opless and someone took advantage of it:

auraspam.jpg

As I have been telling players in the chat, when someone does this just add them to your ignore list. You can then not see that player, problem solved.

Yes.

Aura reigns and Rsw44 spam (yes, rrediculous name IMO) are (i think) one and same person, who has made 2 accounts, just to spam our chat.

If there is chat mods online, they just pre-type message, log into chat, spam, log out. It makes it nearly impossible to kick. Just add those 2 to ignore list, should redice spam level by alot.

this has been many times before, and i think it will be said many times after this.

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

What do cmods do? We try to kick of course.

When we don't kick because the spammer logged faster than we can kick or we don't want to kick the wrong person...people complain "weak moderation why didn't u kick?!"

Now if we do try to kick the person and we kick the wrong person (becos the person logged quickly) people still complain "omg what a stupid mod ur abusing ur power y u kick me i didn't do anything wrong?!!" Please understand, we try hard to keep the channel spam-free, modding isn't easy you know.

Just for the record, my original post was not in any way a flame attack on nameless mods. I was just asking about the process and the difficulty involdved in kicking the right person. If The Lady thought i did say that i do apologise. As a former mod on chat channels im well aware of those who attacks at once the one that kicked them. Keep up the good work Lady and the other mods.

cappa_norra.png

Valuable drops ??? Ohhhh yes, let me see cabbage

rswstatement.jpg

I donÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt know why, but IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôve been temporarily banned from the chat... havenÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt done anything wrong... and yes, I know that for sure, because I hadn't said anything yet...

pimmel15.pngrunescapetr6.th.png

I donÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt know why, but IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôve been temporarily banned from the chat... havenÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt done anything wrong... and yes, I know that for sure, because I hadn't said anything yet...

Maybe because the mods accidentally kicked you while they were trying to kick someone else?

22031_s.gif

well, that might be, but a friend of mine just got kicked for no reason aswell... and I still can't get in... it's annoying... cuz maybe it's an accident, but otherwise someone's just having fun with kicking options...
They do. It happens a lot. They like to abuse their powers. They always say it is an accident but lets think, how many times can one person do that accidentally?
wpsig1ht5.gif

yes! lightning, i finally found a way to talk to you. i have a question, and its funny. in your clan chat, i have a smiley face for awhile now and its odd. im the only one in the chat who comes in with one :P although its funny to have a smiley next to my name, i cant kick when people ask me too. and i often other people yell at me because they tell me to mute, (since i cant kick), and i tell them i cant mute for the non-mutable reasons they ask for. i was just curious whether you made the smiley on purpose or on accident :P

postedimage.png

well, that might be, but a friend of mine just got kicked for no reason aswell... and I still can't get in... it's annoying... cuz maybe it's an accident, but otherwise someone's just having fun with kicking options...
They do. It happens a lot. They like to abuse their powers. They always say it is an accident but lets think, how many times can one person do that accidentally?

They? Please don't generalize because not all chat mods are like that.

How many times can one person do that accidentally? Haven't you read in the previous posts, when a mod tries to kick someone (usually a spammer) from the chat but the spammer immediately leaves the room, the person after the spammer is the one kicked?

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

How many times can one person do that accidentally? Haven't you read in the previous posts, when a mod tries to kick someone (usually a spammer) from the chat but the spammer immediately leaves the room, the person after the spammer is the one kicked?

I have not met a mod who hasn't done it. Also, all of the spammers that I have witnessed have NOT left immediately... They always stay until they get kicked. Maybe you are defending yourself because you do it?
wpsig1ht5.gif

I have never seen you in the channel. And the spammers you speak of are those that get warned (they usually stop immediately). And in my previous post, I was talking about spammers who just join the channel to spam then leave immediately to avoid getting kicked - majority of the wrong kicks are done in an attempt to stop those kinds of spammers.

The answer to your question, to date I haven't kicked wrongfully O:)

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I have never seen you in the channel. And the spammers you speak of are those that get warned (they usually stop immediately). And in my previous post, I was talking about spammers who just join the channel to spam then leave immediately to avoid getting kicked - majority of the wrong kicks are done in an attempt to stop those kinds of spammers.

I have never seen you in the chat either.
wpsig1ht5.gif

Good for you. :)

I'll be watching........ :wink:

Hey cow, you didn't moo for me the last time :mrgreen:

I have never seen you in the chat either.
Come to the channel now and we'll see each other for the first time.

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I have not met a mod who hasn't done it. Also, all of the spammers that I have witnessed have NOT left immediately... They always stay until they get kicked. Maybe you are defending yourself because you do it?

Those who YOU have witnessed. Who's actually interested in someones opinion whom barely no one has seen in the chat before?

and you haven't met a mod? Hmm... Let me think.. Me, twiley, omega, shey... hmm... yea, i haven't met any either :-k

Just because you are on in the wrong moment (wrong as in a time when someone there is abusing there powers and spammers are wild, where others are having their beauty sleep), doesn't mean it's like that always.

Everytime i'm on, no one is abusing their power. perhaps 1 spammer comes, who is being owned pretty much immiadately. channel is all good, no flaming, no nothing.

If i was you, i wouldn't be shoveling crap into OUR necks, as to me it seems you have no idea what it is like to be a mod in a busy channel.

And you say your friend got kicked for no reason. How do you proof that? just because they SAY so doesn't mean it actually IS that way.

Wouldn't be a first one to go 'amagawd me been kikd from chann0lz omg!!!!' they just want an excuse to vent their frustation at us.

Yet again, its no goddamn use that you whine here that someone is doing this and not that, because Lightning is only one who can deal with mod stuffs in that channel, no one else. Just give her a PM and wait for reply. (there might not be a reply, but you can be assured she reads them, and deals with them when she has time).

And lastly, if you find that channel so crappy and [cabbage]ty you dont wanna be there, then just dont go there. I dont think anyone here is forcing you to stay there.

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png

Pixels make me horny.

And you say your friend got kicked for no reason. How do you proof that? just because they SAY so doesn't mean it actually IS that way.

Wouldn't be a first one to go 'amagawd me been kikd from chann0lz omg!!!!' they just want an excuse to vent their frustation at us.

okay, youÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôre right, I canÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt proof that my friend got kicked without a reason. but IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôm 100% sure that I got kicked without reason, I hadnÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt even said anything, and suddenly: you've been kicked. but still, I trust my friend, he isn't some kind of spammer who thinks it's funny to do all @@@@@ or who knows what. but what I've heard from him, is that appearantly somebody asked a question or something, and people started doing ?????????????? alot, so he thought it'd be funny to do a ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâÿ once, and after that he got kicked.

pimmel15.pngrunescapetr6.th.png

okay, youÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôre right, I canÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt proof that my friend got kicked without a reason. but IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôm 100% sure that I got kicked without reason, I hadnÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt even said anything, and suddenly: you've been kicked. but still, I trust my friend, he isn't some kind of spammer who thinks it's funny to do all @@@@@ or who knows what. but what I've heard from him, is that appearantly somebody asked a question or something, and people started doing ?????????????? alot, so he thought it'd be funny to do a ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâÿ once, and after that he got kicked.

Due to fact that some head idiots actually DO the ?????? thing and continue doing it after the first one, the kick is the only way to PREVENT them from SPAMMING so YOU couldnt COMPLAIN about EVERY SINGLE MOVE WE MAKE.

Just make up your mind. Complain EITHER only about BEING KICKED or THE SPAM.

It feels damn bad when you're doing all you can, and do ONE mistake and then all idiots go whine about it.

As i said, the ???????? thing you mate got kicked for, was because the mod who kicked him/her, could NOT KNOW if he/she was gonna continue it, or not.

I would like to say, that THIS IS NOT A RANT FORUM, but all you people do is COMPLAIN about the channel.

why dont you just set up a channel and compain how sucky /lightning actually is, and whine your arses off about it there.

Its just as much use as complaining it in here.

If you have a problem with chatmod/if you have been unrightfully kicked, PM THAT CHATMOD who kicked you and ASK for reason.

1 player I accidentally kicked did that. and i think he's the ONLY one who bothers doing as we request. It's not that hard...

All we ask is 1 simple favour... Pm the mod who kicked you, solve the situation with him/her.... please?

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png

Pixels make me horny.

Those who YOU have witnessed. Who's actually interested in someones opinion whom barely no one has seen in the chat before?

and you haven't met a mod? Hmm... Let me think.. Me, twiley, omega, shey... hmm... yea, i haven't met any either :-k

Just because you are on in the wrong moment (wrong as in a time when someone there is abusing there powers and spammers are wild, where others are having their beauty sleep), doesn't mean it's like that always.

Everytime i'm on, no one is abusing their power. perhaps 1 spammer comes, who is being owned pretty much immiadately. channel is all good, no flaming, no nothing.

If i was you, i wouldn't be shoveling crap into OUR necks, as to me it seems you have no idea what it is like to be a mod in a busy channel.

Yet again, its no goddamn use that you whine here that someone is doing this and not that, because Lightning is only one who can deal with mod stuffs in that channel, no one else. Just give her a PM and wait for reply. (there might not be a reply, but you can be assured she reads them, and deals with them when she has time).

And lastly, if you find that channel so crappy and [cabbage] you dont wanna be there, then just dont go there. I dont think anyone here is forcing you to stay there.

How do you know I haven't been in the chat? Just because I don't use my main account that is listed on here doesn't mean I'm not in there. And I have not met any of those mods in chat. I must be in there on a lot of wrong moments then... And I do have proof. I sent it to Lightning. But of course, she never replies. And watch your language boy. You sound like you are hyperventilating. I'm whining? More like trying to inform others of the mods abusing powers. And I am not shoveling crap onto your necks, it is already there. I know a lot of people who were tired of tipits crap so they left the channel. I have no idea what it is like to be a busy mod? Think again son. I'm a mod for my clan chat. There are more people in it that tipit... So think before you speak boy.
wpsig1ht5.gif

Catnip, I understand your frustration, but there's really nothing we can do. Only one person knows the password to Lightning's account - Lightning, who is currently on leave from Tip.It. The best you can do is PM her, and hope that she gets round to it in time. I'd also remind you about the deletion of all PMs in inboxes at the turn of the month, so resending any serious issues may not be such a bad idea either if the PM is still in your "Outbox". If it's in your "Sentbox" however, rest assured she's read it.

Until then, we have to make do with what we have. If you don't like it, no one's forcing you to stay there.