UNoffical Tip It Clan Chat! Join Channel: Lightning

Fudgy999

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spam comes under Rule 1 (Offensive Language). This is a quote from the Knowledge Base:

What is flooding the chat window?

Spamming/flooding the chat window is to fill the chat window with unnecessary text. This is also an offence and is disruptive and unfair on other players as it makes it more difficult for them to communicate and trade with each other.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

At first it seemed great but I've realised half the people on there act like immature 5year olds. The only conversations involve people arguing and flaming each other or spamming. I think you guys should start listening to the rules before the chat is taken from us.

Jagex should change the system to allow a certain rank to perm ban people.

Guys

I'm very sorry that you had to put up with this spam. i am currently really on leave from tip.it and i have no desire to play runescape at this present time but however I will add any user to the list for perment ban from chat.

Just send me a private message here and i will take the action necessary but it won't stop those users from making other characters u. I hope that Jagex will update their rules to stop this kind of thing but then clan chat was not meant for sites guys.

I will add more users to have kick permissions but this will take time, as I have to get to know the users there , alot of users know me but i really don't know them and i'm sure you will understand that i do not want to just give permissions to anyone...

Guys

I'm very sorry that you had to put up with this spam. i am currently really on leave from tip.it and i have no desire to play runescape at this present time but however I will add any user to the list for perment ban from chat.

Just send me a private message here and i will take the action necessary but it won't stop those users from making other characters u. I hope that Jagex will update their rules to stop this kind of thing but then clan chat was not meant for sites guys.

I will add more users to have kick permissions but this will take time, as I have to get to know the users there , alot of users know me but i really don't know them and i'm sure you will understand that i do not want to just give permissions to anyone...

Its much better thought Lightning.

1.png
generic_signature.png

It's gotten marginally better. Less spammy talk now certain topics have been regarded as kickworthy. However there never seem to be mods on when there's a spammer...

I've noticed a couple of accounts named "Wehatetipit" or whatever, something similar, coming in and spamming and/or advertising their preferred fansite :shock:

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

It's gotten marginally better. Less spammy talk now certain topics have been regarded as kickworthy. However there never seem to be mods on when there's a spammer...

I've noticed a couple of accounts named "Wehatetipit" or whatever, something similar, coming in and spamming and/or advertising their preferred fansite :shock:

If this happens, please private message me here the names.

Also if there is a time zone not covered i need to know please and i will see about getting that time zone covered then.

Thanks

Lightning

Look, with Lightning leaving Tip.it & Runescape I don't know who currently owns 'Tipitchat' but I seriously hope Lightning did pass it onto another player so there can continue to be new Chat Mods there.

Today has just been hell to be on Tipitchat, we've had numerous spam attacks from other fansites every 5-15 minutes or so, or as soon as a Player Mod leaves the chat, there are currently 0 Chat Mods on and we've had spammers for 10 minutes non-stop now.

I urge whoever's in control of Tipitchat to begin choosing who should become Chat Mods there, out of all the chat mods currently only 3 or 4 seem to show up at least once every 3/4 days.

By the by, Fudgy = amazing Chat Mod. :P

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

• 2 weeks later...

whataracistzm0.jpg

racist spamming and bustin on tipiters! even lighting, wow...... weak spammers man^

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I have added that one to ingore list on tipitchat. Though i would think jagex would of banned him by now.

I did pop in very quickly to tipitchat and have stated that we need more users there with kick powers.

Now it feels i will open a can of worms here, but only option open to me currently. Its either this or i will have to close the chat down and i dont want to disappoint users that use it.

So if you know anyone that i maybe able to trust with kick powers , please PRIVATE MESSAGE me here on the boards and i will look into it. I also really need the time zones that need covering, preferably tell me in Uk time if possible as im bad at workign time zones out.

I have left a message with SIlverion that tipitchat needs to be looked into by us 2 . I do not mind holding the clan chat at all as long as we have enough users to cover problems like that as what was stated in the post before.

As most of you are aware i have left tip.it/runescape but im kinda still with tip.it in other areas (well until i make my mind up what I want to do and that will take some time)

If theres any problems like what came up please PRIVATE MESSAGE ME here. I do check in now and again.

Thanks hellbellz

I have had some pms for possible users for kick powers, i am looking into them but i think we still need more. Only 7 have applied atm... still not enough.

I will start to add some tomorrow once i heard back from person thats checkiing intot he the possibles there. Alot know me well but im afraid i meet too many people to really get to know them well enough to say yes straight away, so having someone else also to look into the possibles helps me ;)

I hope to have all sorted by weekend for all you.

Hi Lightning,

I have just had a meeting with the head of Community Management and Player Support about the account tipitchat.

The conclusion of the meeting was that we cannot allow this account to be used for your chat channel.

Although we can see the benefits of this account being used, there are two reason why we felt we cannot allow it to happen.

Firstly, other players may abuse the channel. I am sure you are aware that many players mistakingly think that Jagex runs Tip.It and some of our less trustworthy players will exploit that.

Secondly, we do not want to start a precedent of allowing websites to have their own 'officially' names chat accounts. Although this would be no problem for the bigger fansites there are those who will abuse this.

Be left in no doubt that we have the utmost confidence in your ability to organise and moderate a chat channel. This is why we are quite happy for you to make a tipit chat channel.

If you could create a new account which does not have the word 'tipit' in then you are quite welcome to host your chat channel on there. Once you have transferred the information that you need to onto your new account, could you disable the channel on Tipitchat and let me know. I can then remove that account.

I hope you understand our decision on this.

Yours sincerely,

...........................................................................................................

Well I thought this was already the case and why i contacted them awhile ago. I have no disagreements over their decision as if they did let us continue then it would open up holes for other fansites to do the same etc etc,

So I have transfered all now over to Lightning.

So if you still want to join tip.it chat . log in by Lightning please

btw i dont normally show messages from jagex to me but i thought it be better all round if yo saw this one as it explains all.