UNoffical Tip It Clan Chat! Join Channel: Lightning

Fudgy999

What if you aren't saying or doing anything inappropriate, and yet still get kicked? There's no recourse here because we are forbidden from naming names, but chat mods are spamming the channel and then kicking people for pointing out their inconsistency. People are messing up the channel, and there's nothing we can do about it because they are chat mods. It is ridiculous.

I've been kicked 3 times while not breaking a single rule. It's really getting annoying. The chat mods are totally abusing their position to kick people for no reason. Well, one in particular who is, anyways.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if you aren't saying or doing anything inappropriate, and yet still get kicked?

Yea, i've heard this happening aswell.. Although not when im on.. or perhaps, but im just an ignorant noob and dont realise whats happening.. *shrug*

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

I heard someone was kicked for bisexuality. Now, I have no proof, but that'd be simply horrifying were it true. Bigoted mods = not cool.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

I heard someone was kicked for bisexuality. Now, I have no proof, but that'd be simply horrifying were it true. Bigoted mods = not cool.

I don't know for certain if the player in question was kicked (everyone I've spoken to about it says he was, haven't had a chance to ask the player himself yet), but I do know that a certain mod made comments about how 'wrong' and 'disgusting' before insisting that the player leave the chat.

Ananke32.png

Well, if anyone could give us names of the people who were making such clearly derogatory comments, we can keep a look out for them in the future. As for the person involved, make sure (s)he knows they're always welcome in the chat so long as they break no rules. Their sexuality should have nothing to do with their privaliges of joining the chat, and if this has happened, then it's wrong on the part of the moderator. Simple as.

Until then though, I'm not going to make a judgement based on what seems to be speculation over evidence.

Well, if anyone could give us names of the people who were making such clearly derogatory comments, we can keep a look out for them in the future. As for the person involved, make sure (s)he knows they're always welcome in the chat so long as they break no rules. Their sexuality should have nothing to do with their privaliges of joining the chat, and if this has happened, then it's wrong on the part of the moderator. Simple as.

Until then though, I'm not going to make a judgement based on what seems to be speculation over evidence.

How would anyone know about their sexuality unless they were talking about it, maybe the fact that they were talking about it that could have caused a mod/someone to deem it 'offensive'. Not the mod being 'bigoted'

I think that it may be worth saying what the problem is rather than kicking staight away, it would mean that people are less likely to do it again 'cause they know WHAT it was they were doing wrong, and also would prossibly solve a problem with out irritating someone, as may have been possible in the case above.

As evidence that telling people what the problem is being a good thing take a look at the thread about moderator applications. Telling people why their offer to take up the job certainly seemed to go down well there.

I understand that m1cha34l, and I really don't want to politicise this issue. However, in near enough all the country's RS is played on, attacks on people on grounds of their sexuality are seen as either immoral or illegal. Therefore, it's fairly safe to assume most people on the channel advocate tolerance of bisexuality.

If the mod kicked him on the grounds (s)he was deliberetely stirring up trouble by saying (s)he was a bisexual, then of course, the mod has every right to kick him/her from the chat. However, if this person has been kicked exclusively on the grounds that they are a bisexual, then that's wrong, and would arguably be illegal had it happened in a public venue.

The reasoning thing does make sense though. However, from what I've seen, kicking powers are rarely ever used and when they are, are justified and explained. Remember that it's still at the moderator's discression and their decision is final.

This is happening at the moment, see the pic and look in the chatbox. I doubt Runescapew44 (master smither) is behind it.

[hide=Some offensive language]07oct18180353gb5.png

07oct18181928oa2.png

[/hide]

Also note the guy who somehow hacked the censor (he was dealt with)

Musta been off then otherwise I would have dealt with it.

Also I apologise to anyone I accidentally Kick trying to get Rsw44 Spam or Aura Reigns.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

rsw44 spam and Aura Reigns are the same person.why i know this is i pmed him asknig him to stop and he said he wont stop on rsw or aura

a good way to kik is after hes spammed once say on rsw put the clan chat right to bottom off list(as r is near bottom)AND U CAN KIK BEFOR HE LOGES(DOES WORK AS MANY SPAMMERS GO TO MY CHAT)

My experiences with the chat have all been bad. It is run by irresponsible and immature players. I have witnessed players in the chat be kicked for no reason, me included. I have read on this very thread of it as well. The spam/flame/rule breaking that takes place, large or small, should not even be worth talking about. Like IRC, it should have mods watching it at all hours.

Part of the entire problem is the chat is in the hands of a player that quit the game, whether temporarily or permanently. She created the chat, then quit shortly after. It is nice that she tries to keep up on it, but a majority of the problems with the chat would not exist if an active, responsible player owned the account for the chat. Adding spammers/flamers to the ignore list, removing some of the irresponsible mods with kick abilities, adding new mods, etc.

I have nothing against lightning, but I find it foolish on her part to create a chat for something as large as tip.it, and to then quit soon after. I recognize that she has done more then almost anyone for tip.it, and has been around since the near beginning. But she has left/taken a break, and the chat needs to be in the hands of a player that will stay up to date on it. It is great that she created it, but it needs to be maintained. She is not doing that.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

So i have been kicked, came out of the sky as lightning. No reason whatever. Sure i can guess that some mod did kick wrong. But is it that hard to get the right person when you do kick someone from the chat ? Also whenever a player mod is present at the chat , and spammers is there isnt it easyer for those to mute the spammers , or would that be against jagex rules. What i dont know is for how long this temporary ban will be.

Let us just say im not in a good mood right now, im pretty angry and disapointet. Its better to have some spam and be correct about whom is kicked then do it wrong. If there is a different explanation i want it asap.

On the other side. Sure there is chat mods that define what is discussable more due to their mood at the moment then based on any rules that might be. Naming of the chat mod in question is not necessarry since he has been named before in other posts. It is not easy to chat at some time of the day since its never sure what that days banned topic will be. He sure could do good as a mod if he just do teh job according to the few rules that is , instead of being the one that defines everything that is discussable at that time.

cappa_norra.png

Valuable drops ??? Ohhhh yes, let me see cabbage

rswstatement.jpg

So i have been kicked, came out of the sky as lightning. No reason whatever. Sure i can guess that some mod did kick wrong. But is it that hard to get the right person when you do kick someone from the chat ?

No it is not. Players can be kicked right from the chat bar, or from the clan channel menu. I think the mods with the ability to kick, and set the rules, are simply abusing their power. They know lightning is inactive, and think they can get away with it. They shrug it off as "oops, I meant to kick the other guy, sorry" :roll: Then, when they do it and do not receive any consequences, it reinforces the thought of "this is ok, I can get away with it". I would really like to see an official tip.it chat, to get rid of these problems.

coming from someone who has kicked people from there accidently i can say that from my point of view it can be difficult to kick the right person at times.also when you are stressed to get then out of the channel as quickly as possible its easy to make a mistake. not a excuse just trying to show you my point of view as a chat moderator.

i have managed to kick people who are above/below the spammer on chat list simply cuz someone has logged into the chat just where i had selected the spammer from.

i didn't know you could kick from the chat box also(handy tip- thanks)

not speaking from all mods point of view, but people who know me in irc know i do not kick for no reason.

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

coming from someone who has kicked people from there accidently i can say that from my point of view it can be difficult to kick the right person at times.also when you are stressed to get then out of the channel as quickly as possible its easy to make a mistake. not a excuse just trying to show you my point of view as a chat moderator.

i have managed to kick people who are above/below the spammer on chat list simply cuz someone has logged into the chat just where i had selected the spammer from.

i didn't know you could kick from the chat box also(handy tip- thanks)

not speaking from all mods point of view, but people who know me in irc know i do not kick for no reason.

Yes, that happens often. Misclicking, that is.

Though, i can assure you, if i kick someone by an accident, i WILL add them into my friends list and explain them why they were kicked (which is due to lag/accident plus other things like that). Though its your problem if you have your private chat turned on 'friends'.

Although Im starting to think that we should change the official chat to someone who actually PLAYS. No offence lightning, but this just can't work well this way =/

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

i just proved i do it accidently i kicked my real life son accidently instead of that aura guy who keeps spamming.

(and believe me he won't let me forget that too)

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

I realize that most of the mods are responsible and mature. But there are a few that either do not recognize or know how to do their job, or just take advantage of lightnings inactive status.

Although Im starting to think that we should change the official chat to someone who actually PLAYS. No offence lightning, but this just can't work well this way =/

That is what I have been saying, it would be a good idea.

If you could create a new account which does not have the word 'tipit' in then you are quite welcome to host your chat channel on there.

The way I see it, it would be best for tip.its most active admin/mod/representitive to create the account. As long as "tip.it" is not in the account name, it is allowed. Someone that plays a few hours everyday, so the mule account can have names added and removed. I asked Jagex for permission to share an account for a different account, to allow better acess for adding/removing names, but it was declined. (not surpriseing :( )

i just proved i do it accidently i kicked my real life son accidently instead of that aura guy who keeps spamming.

Turns out that you cannot kick from the chat area though, my mistake. However, the account that owns the chat can add them to ignore that way. Once a player is on the ignore list of the owner account(in this case the mule) that palyer can not enter the chat. This is yet another reason the chat needs to be in the hands of an active player-

New Mods can be added

The few immature mods can be removed

Spammers can be kicked

Repeat spammers can be banned

A firm set of rules can be set and inforced

Edit- as I log on, rsw44 starts spaming. If the account that owned the chat was active, he could have been banned days ago. All the more reason to change the chat over to an active player.

Then, as I am writing this, another account created to spam gets on the chat. For now, I wuld just tell players in the chat to add these spammers to their ignore list, as I told people in the chat. That way they cannot see the spammer at all.

hehe only one problem remains i do not know who kicked me. Little bit easier for him. I see that deal says that he will add ppl wrongkicked. SO 2 chatmods to go then. I know there was 3 at the time

cappa_norra.png

Valuable drops ??? Ohhhh yes, let me see cabbage

rswstatement.jpg

Part of the entire problem is the chat is in the hands of a player that quit the game, whether temporarily or permanently.

This is really the only major problem I see with the chat, actually. I enjoy being in there, and I've got some good friends, but the lack of people to ignore spammers is problematic. I think that one of the admins who is active ingame should create a new chat.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Also whenever a player mod is present at the chat , and spammers is there isnt it easyer for those to mute the spammers , or would that be against jagex rules.

I was on when Aura/Rsw spammer was on and I wasn't able to mute him. I just can't just mute people that easily since I follow the pmod procedure when it comes to dealing with spam. Shey managed to get him before I could mute but I was able to "radio" him in though so let's see what'll happen.

And Cappa, sorry you were kicked but for the record, it wasn't me ::'

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Kicking only comes from the chat channel tab but there also a problem with the leave chat spammers. When they leave the chat too quickly and are unable to be kicked it clicks the person under them instead. Also when your in a rush it's tough to click the right name so mostly it's honest mistakes.

Also whenever a player mod is present at the chat , and spammers is there isnt it easyer for those to mute the spammers , or would that be against jagex rules.

I was on when Aura/Rsw spammer was on and I wasn't able to mute him. I just can't just mute people that easily since I follow the pmod procedure when it comes to dealing with spam. Shey managed to get him before I could mute but I was able to "radio" him in though so let's see what'll happen.

And Cappa, sorry you were kicked but for the record, it wasn't me ::'

Meh I heard about that guy stealing my name <.<

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I have proof of a chat mod abusing their powers and being a hypocrite if anyone wants to see. Oh yeah, and when I was kicked on my perm muted account it wasn't an accident. Someone said hahah fake zezima kick him and so this mod did. Who weirdly enough, I have proof of that mod like I said above. Message me for it.

wpsig1ht5.gif

I have proof of a chat mod abusing their powers and being a hypocrite if anyone wants to see. Oh yeah, and when I was kicked on my perm muted account it wasn't an accident. Someone said hahah fake zezima kick him and so this mod did. Who weirdly enough, I have proof of that mod like I said above. Message me for it.

I also have picture proof of a mod abusing powers. Luckily this mod is not a tip.it crewbie or tip.it mod. I sent it to lightning, 5-6 days later it still has not even been read...

As far as kicking by mistake goes, when you try to kick a player, you right click their name and select "kick". Next time, take an extra 1-2 seconds to read the name before selecting kick :wink:

I also have picture proof of a mod abusing powers. Luckily this mod is not a tip.it crewbie or tip.it mod. I sent it to lightning, 5-6 days later it still has not even been read...

As far as kicking by mistake goes, when you try to kick a player, you right click their name and select "kick". Next time, take an extra 1-2 seconds to read the name before selecting kick <.<

I agree. Lightning never reads mine either. It doesn't feel like she is making a big effort to keep the mods clean and not abusive. Tipit is heading downhill more and more each day.
wpsig1ht5.gif

Kicking only comes from the chat channel tab but there also a problem with the leave chat spammers. When they leave the chat too quickly and are unable to be kicked it clicks the person under them instead. Also when your in a rush it's tough to click the right name so mostly it's honest mistakes.

It's usually 2-3 cmods modding 20-25 people. When someone spams, we warn and kick if necessary. Now there's the occasional person who makes accounts only to spam in the channel (people who logs in, spams, then logs out immediately). What do cmods do? We try to kick of course.

When we don't kick because the spammer logged faster than we can kick or we don't want to kick the wrong person...people complain "weak moderation why didn't u kick?!"

Now if we do try to kick the person and we kick the wrong person (becos the person logged quickly) people still complain "omg what a stupid mod ur abusing ur power y u kick me i didn't do anything wrong?!!" Please understand, we try hard to keep the channel spam-free, modding isn't easy you know.

I'm not defending the chat mods (cos im one of them blah blah), but it's really annoying when people who got kicked correctly or incorrectly starts bashing the mod who kicked them "name is an idiot, why did lightning mod him" "name is a moron he's abusive" "i hate name he's a noob." You're an even bigger noob for bashing and starting spam in the channel. If you have any complaints:

1) PM Lightning and wait for her to respond

2) talk to the other cmods and let them know ur concerns

3) just PM the cmod who kicked you and talk to him/her

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS