UNoffical Tip It Clan Chat! Join Channel: Lightning

Fudgy999

And I have not met any of those mods in chat. I must be in there on a lot of wrong moments then...

Exactly why I asked you not to generalize like what you did in your other post. You haven't met us, you aren't there when we're the mods on post therefore you have no idea how the chat is when we're there.

I'm whining? More like trying to inform others of the mods abusing powers. And I am not shoveling crap onto your necks, it is already there.

The channel's not perfect but minus the "@@@ spamming noobs", it's fine now. It might not be as intellectual as you might like since the age of our chatters vary, it's not stupid either.

I have no idea what it is like to be a busy mod? Think again son. I'm a mod for my clan chat. There are more people in it that tipit... So think before you speak boy.

Then you must know how easy it is to kick someone accidentally for trying to get rid of a spammer. You should be the first to understand that right?

As for mods abusing powers, like I asked earlier, PM the mod or other chat mods of your concerns. I haven't received any complaint yet (still waiting) so if you want, I'll take a look at your complaint (since Lightning's busy) and I'll speak to the other chat mods and see what we can do.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry i sound rude, but i kinda meant it that way.

Im nice if you play nice with me. but if you keep on whining on every move we do, thats not playing nice with me, so i dont have a reason to be nice either. Im sorry, but thats just how it goes with me

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

And I have not met any of those mods in chat. I must be in there on a lot of wrong moments then...

Exactly why I asked you not to generalize like what you did in your other post. You haven't met us, you aren't there when we're the mods on post therefore you have no idea how the chat is when we're there.

I'm whining? More like trying to inform others of the mods abusing powers. And I am not shoveling crap onto your necks, it is already there.

The channel's not perfect but minus the "@@@ spamming noobs", it's fine now. It might not be as intellectual as you might like since the age of our chatters vary, it's not stupid either.

I have no idea what it is like to be a busy mod? Think again son. I'm a mod for my clan chat. There are more people in it that tipit... So think before you speak boy.

Then you must know how easy it is to kick someone accidentally for trying to get rid of a spammer. You should be the first to understand that right?

As for mods abusing powers, like I asked earlier, PM the mod or other chat mods of your concerns. I haven't received any complaint yet (still waiting) so if you want, I'll take a look at your complaint (since Lightning's busy) and I'll speak to the other chat mods and see what we can do.

There are hardly ever spammers in my clan chat and I have not misskicked. But I was saying the mods I have met were like that. I have not met you.

im sorry i sound rude, but i kinda meant it that way.

Im nice if you play nice with me. but if you keep on whining on every move we do, thats not playing nice with me, so i dont have a reason to be nice either. Im sorry, but thats just how it goes with me

Who said I was whining on you? I'm complaining about the mods who abuse their powers. Unless you're a mod that does that, then you have nothing to be worried about.
wpsig1ht5.gif

Who said I was whining on you? I'm complaining about the mods who abuse their powers. Unless you're a mod that doesn't do that, then you have nothing to be worried about.

i say 'you' as EVERYONE... sorry about that lol ^_^

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png

Pixels make me horny.

And you say your friend got kicked for no reason. How do you proof that? just because they SAY so doesn't mean it actually IS that way.

Wouldn't be a first one to go 'amagawd me been kikd from chann0lz omg!!!!' they just want an excuse to vent their frustation at us.

okay, youÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôre right, I canÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt proof that my friend got kicked without a reason. but IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôm 100% sure that I got kicked without reason, I hadnÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt even said anything, and suddenly: you've been kicked. but still, I trust my friend, he isn't some kind of spammer who thinks it's funny to do all @@@@@ or who knows what. but what I've heard from him, is that appearantly somebody asked a question or something, and people started doing ?????????????? alot, so he thought it'd be funny to do a ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÿÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâÿ once, and after that he got kicked.

There you go, when you kick pretty much immediately, you usually get mistakes. You try to ,say, run x-country sprint speed all the time, then being nice and steady. Tell me, is going fast that good? No. You will lose energy so fast that you cannot run after a while, losing the top spot in a few seconds.

Now, no more Rsof Rantz style posts please, it hurts my ears if this was Ventrilo -.- .

Due to fact that some head idiots actually DO the ?????? thing and continue doing it after the first one, the kick is the only way to PREVENT them from SPAMMING so YOU couldnt GODDAMN COMPLAIN about EVERY GODDAMN SINGLE MOVE WE MAKE.

Just make up your mind. Complain EITHER only about BEING KICKED or THE SPAM.

It feels damn bad when you're doing all you can, and do ONE mistake and then all idiots go whine about it.

As i said, the ???????? thing you mate got kicked for, was because the mod who kicked him/her, could NOT KNOW if he/she was gonna continue it, or not.

I would like to say, that THIS IS NOT A GODDAMN RANT FORUM, but all you people do is COMPLAIN about the channel.

why dont you just set up a channel and compain how sucky /lightning actually is, and whine your arses off about it there.

Its just as much use as complaining it in here.

If you have a problem with chatmod/if you have been unrightfully kicked, PM THAT CHATMOD who kicked you and ASK for reason.

1 player I accidentally kicked did that. and i think he's the ONLY one who bothers doing as we request. It's not that hard...

All we ask is 1 simple favour... Pm the mod who kicked you, solve the situation with him/her.... please?

Dragon, one thing. You are ranting at the mo. And yes, this actually discourages me from going on lightning chat, instead using blogscape. At one point it was good, now it's a mess. Of course, last time i've gone on was 2 weeks ago, so I don't know.

And...

Everytime i'm on, no one is abusing their power. perhaps 1 spammer comes, who is being owned pretty much immiadately

Don't know why, but what I just wrote got deleted somehow... So i repeat:

Try say running fast in a long race. In other words, sprint. Now try running steady in the same race. All the time nice and steady (or being clever) works better than fast, fast, fast. Maybe that's why (even though I might be wrong) people get kicked fast. They think the person's a spammer without looking, and kick fast. In the first few days I think it was you who accidentally kicked a person. But I do think you accidentally kicked the guy.

Thank you, and no RSOF worthy posts now.

22031_s.gif

How about people stop ranting here in this thread?

I'm not a crew here but I am a chat mod so how about anyone who has a complaint with a mod, screenie it, send it to me (or any of the chat mods if you don't want to talk to the mod who kicked you - I'm sure they're willing to take a look at it for you) and we'll work something out? No rants here, your problem solved - win-win situation I think.

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Yea, as I've said before:

Any chat mods abusing thier powers or being rude ect, PM it straight to Lightning (or me and i'll forward it on) and it will be dealt with asap.

But remember, clan chat is to be enjoyed, i've noticed the slacking of rules recently and I quite like it, clan chat has become a much more enjoyable place to be recently...

So why dont we keep this discussion to why we like it and not the few bad points about it? <3

Whatpulse!

213358.png

Any chat mods abusing thier powers or being rude ect, PM it straight to Lightning (or me and i'll forward it on) and it will be dealt with asap.

But remember, clan chat is to be enjoyed, i've noticed the slacking of rules recently and I quite like it, clan chat has become a much more enjoyable place to be recently...

So why dont we keep this discussion to why we like it and not the few bad points about it? <3

Excellent points.

I think you'll find most of the clan chat mods will give warnings. I, for example, am highly intolerable of 'leetspeak', but I'll give warnings out before I kick people for the heck of it, since most of the poeple who use it are using it in a sarcastic way and are usually pleasent and contributing members of the chat. Kicking and banning is always the last resort for a moderator - just look at your Tip.It mods. They'd rather edit out the bad posts, than lock and kill the discussion altogether.

There was an example yesterday though when a racist comment was made, and the user was rightly kicked straight away. That's not an abuse of power at all; that's actually enforcing the law of the land in most developed countries.

There are other mods, like Deal, who are more than happy to let the dialog be more "chatty". I have to admit, I prefer it that way.

The chat's doing well, IMHO, now that the level of users has reached a level where text isn't rolling off the screen and moderating becomes realistic.

Work with us, we'll work with you. If you think something's a bit controversial, don't say it. It's simple, and the chat is a much happier place when people abide by that principle. :D

What I like about that chat?

The fact it gives me something fun to do while training. That I've gotten to know so many different people that usually I prolly wouldn't chat to. The fact that the other chatters can give me a quick answer to a question. Dragoon and Baby 'Chicky had a Warren Deal'.

The fact that I can brag about lvling, complain about dying, stupid slayer tasks. The incredible support I got from the other chatters when I was finishing up my last couple of quests before getting the cape. Torti's appreciation society.

Ananke32.png

She never looks at it/does anything about it. I guess I could send them to you...
wpsig1ht5.gif

There are other mods, like Deal, who are more than happy to let the dialog be more "chatty". I have to admit, I prefer it that way.

Yea, i allow alot of random stoof, although other mods go 'just shut up finally will ya?!' and i go 'let them have fun ;D;D mwawawaaw =D'

but meh *Shrug*

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png

Pixels make me horny.

So I go in this clan chat for the first time today. Stay in it for about 30 minutes while I am at dags. Say a few things but mainly reading about the spammers. Go take a shower and come back only to be banned from the clan chat about ten seconds after I enter...... Guess they think I am one of these bad people they are going on and on about

So I go in this clan chat for the first time today. Stay in it for about 30 minutes while I am at dags. Say a few things but mainly reading about the spammers. Go take a shower and come back only to be banned from the clan chat about ten seconds after I enter...... Guess they think I am one of these bad people they are going on and on about

The spam was awful in there today, most likely just a mod trying to kick one of the many spammers and accidentally got you instead.

Some people think they're funny by making 10 accounts and spamming the chat then leaving before they can get kicked, coming back in 2 minutes and repeating. I'm sure it's a huge stress on the mods, and I honestly hope it's not a real tif'er who is doing it. Seriously, just stop.

If that wasn't the case, try talking to the mods, most of them have their chat on. They were just on the lookout for new people who could be spam accounts and may have made a mistake.

Leapfrog229.gif

I guess cause I never saw the need. I also felt that if I moved into the version of the game that was always changing that it would in some way invalidate the work that I had already put into my account.

Yeah I tryed contacting them but could not get ahold of any, thats one of the reasons I posted here. I didn't see any spamming going on the time I was in there but they were saying there was some spy's in chat. I guess I just entered at a bad time lol. Sorry if I sound rude. Text can be taken the wrong way since it has no emotion like our voices

I think the chat is really going down hill.. All I did is say hyt, and a minute later, I get kicked... Pretty sure it was by Epeeflecher too..

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

What I like about that chat?

The fact it gives me something fun to do while training. That I've gotten to know so many different people that usually I prolly wouldn't chat to. The fact that the other chatters can give me a quick answer to a question. Dragoon and Baby 'Chicky had a Warren Deal'.

The fact that I can brag about lvling, complain about dying, stupid slayer tasks. The incredible support I got from the other chatters when I was finishing up my last couple of quests before getting the cape. Torti's appreciation society.

Roflcopter.

I love Lightning. I've made some really good friends there, and we don't have too much trouble with spammers when I'm in there. I've never seen any of the mods abusing their power (although I've heard of some), and they do their job as best they can. I do go on late at night mostly, so maybe the lack of spammers is due to that, but I really enjoy being in there.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Emotions flare when you're under attack and he apologized for it so let's cut him some slack :wink:

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Pfft.. I should be a chat mod..... <.<

I'm always there when there are no mods and a spammer is going beserk. :?

Wallet, the clan mods including myself try to be in Lightning clan chat as much as we can to kick spammers. Some clan mods do live in different time zones from other people, whereas when it's morning where you live and spammers are spamming, we would be sleeping. There are some quite annoying spammers, that include: Adamrex Spam, Arexic Spam, Rexic Spam, Anorexc Spam, Aura Reigns, Rsw44 Spam; and most clan mods kick them for their behavior and sometimes they go overboard enough for pmods to mute them. If no one is around, your best alternative is to just ignore them. Sometimes even clan mods do that to save innocent people from being kicked from the channel.

postedimage.png

I think the chat is really going down hill.. All I did is say hyt, and a minute later, I get kicked... Pretty sure it was by Epeeflecher too..

Heh, Epeeflecher is a player moderation, and isnt a clan mod. He can't kick :)

postedimage.png