UNoffical Tip It Clan Chat! Join Channel: Lightning

Fudgy999

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@dusty

I dont know who kicked you or what for, but I tend to give as many warnings as possible before i kick anyone. The other mods i have seen in there all do the same, so i can only assume you were warned.

@all chatters

Theres seems to be a lot of chatters in there that seem to want to see how far they can push the mods, continuing their actions after 2 or 3 warnings. It will NOT be tolerated, the chat we are trying to promote is a relaxed, (relatively) mature environment in which people can talk to fellow tipiters. Instead from a minority of members we are seeing the kind of behaviour I would expect from 5 year olds. If your not willing to be part of the community chat then fine, but do not expect to come into the chat, misbehave and get away with it.

I just had to post for this...

Nice to see the Clan Chat interface, but IRC will still be the better option to be honest.

I'll try get on JavaChat in a minute...Internet is kinda slow here.

This is Mil signing off from the middle of Africa #-o

(I'll be back home on Wednesday)

I made the accounts:

Thievingchat

Questingchat :)

Prayerchat

Attackchat

Huntingchat

Miningchat

It's taking me over an hour to do all of the tutorial islands :wall:

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

I have only been able to login for about 20 seconds sence the update.

In that short amount of time, I added lightning and he poped up.

I typed something in and nothing happend. I was like I was the only one on (not likly)

Then I added a friend who had one made and we talked on it fine for the last 5 seconds I was on.

I don't get it. Plz explain.

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

I made the accounts:

Thievingchat

Questingchat :)

Prayerchat

Rangingchat

Attackchat

Huntingchat

Miningchat

It's taking me over an hour to do all of the tutorial islands :wall:

You'de better get more ppl in it and get em all out of tutorial island, cuz only thieveing is out and there was nobody on but me... :x

22031_s.gif

Prof fleb is right, it is spam in my book, i mean, comon! People start talking about a person and nothing else happens..... we are better off with some other subjects, including the one where you heard me say tht i came from prison pete's.... :XD:

22031_s.gif

I have only been able to login for about 20 seconds sence the update.

In that short amount of time, I added lightning and he poped up.

I typed something in and nothing happend. I was like I was the only one on (not likly)

Then I added a friend who had one made and we talked on it fine for the last 5 seconds I was on.

I don't get it. Plz explain.

Same thing happened to my friend. It's:

Tipitchat

and NOT

Tipit Chat.

tipitsig.png

I trust that all the mods of the room are doing a great job but if they are moderating junk like Zezima, Chuck Norris, or Dead Baby Jokes, well what blame do they have. Those are not discussion topics, if you want to talk about them or tell jokes like those, make your own chat.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Eh im late about posting...

But im on the chat sometimes, find me under Black Gnome1...

It looks pretty good from what i've seen. Kudos to Jagex! Kudos to Lightning for his awesomeness! :thumbsup:

SPLEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

^

It looks pretty good from what i've seen. Kudos to Jagex! Kudos to Lightning for his awesomeness! :thumbsup:

psst, lightnings a woman.

a certain mod(item researcher) (you know who you are) is lame all i have to say, take away his kicking powers

he kicks people for talking about chuck norris <_<

lol, your going to have to be a bit more specific here, theres 3 mods that are item researchers and anyway saying the odd comment on chuck norris is fine, 30 in the space of a minute is a tad too much. Why dont you make the chuck norris channel, or the leeroy jenkins channel i swear i seem both of those names at least 70-80 times an hour.

Guest myrockbernie
I think the people modding this channel get hard ons when they kick people for doing nothing wrong whatsoever.

Seriously, it's a joke. I'll stick to IRC where the mods aren't such hugeheaded jerks thank you very much.

Pssh. Didn't get any warning or reason why I was getting kicked. -.-

You really need more clan chat moderators.

Ive seen several times in a day where the chat has been completly unmoderated. There wasn't even any player moderators there.

Just saying it needs to be sorted, there has been times where quite a bit of spam and flaming has been present and nothing could be done.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

Okay guys.

One i'm posting to let you all know that i have read what you said.

and two to explain a few things which have been covered mostly but lets just say, i make it offcail from me.

I do not like to see conversations going on about certain high players, when that player is not there to defend him or herself.

Chuck jokes

To be honest i'm sick of them, if one person starts chuck jokes then other join in and those that are in chat alot , do get tired of it. If there is too much Chuck, then someone will say give it a rest or something along those lines.

We had some strange conversations in that channel, some good some not so good. But i try not to restict users in talking about anything unless it breaks Jagex rules or or own rules. I have no problems about users talking about bots / sites providing you do not link to those sites, or tell a user how to use or install any 3 rd party software (unless its computer related like a firewall etc im fine with) MOst of us hate bots etc and sooner or later someone will blast off about them, thats fine providing it doesn't break rules.

Regarding users with kick powers. Some of you may kow that not all with kick powers are staff from here. When i set up channel, I have to cover 24/7 , purely cause i do not want anything nasty going on there if no staff were around and certainly i do no not want to upset Jagex in any way. Clan chat was for clans not sites! :) We did something that i feelJagex didn't think we would.

I have currently over 40 staff and trusted users with the ability to kick anyone out of the channel, they all been chosen by me and i have to trust others as well to run the channel when staff ain't there. We do have a fair amount of pmods that pop in there as well.

If for any reason you feel that any staff or trusted user is abusing their power, then simply please contact me, with the name of the person concerned and your runescape name, so i can look into it.

So far over all things have been fairly good there considering the quickness it was set up etc. We have had some minor problems with spammers but that seems to be settling down as well now, With a open channel that anyone can join, there's bound to be one or two minor problems now and again.

I have been told that certain times of day there is still not enough cover in the channel, and i will deal with that tomorrow when i'm online there. I can not make staff use the channel, it wouldn't be fair to them, we all like our peace now and again to play ;) including myself.

Hopefully we get more mods on as lighting says above. Its annoying to see a lot of users spamming, then when a mod comes on, they stop, and basically suck up to the mods.

I don't know if we're allowed, but are we able to suggest users to be modded? I know this isn't allowed since users would suggest their friends, but I honestly don't know these people very well beyond the reasons that I can give to suggest them to be modded. Some general traits between them is they are on the Tip.It Chat every time I am on it(which is 7-18 hours daily), they are mature, they help, they are polite, and they see the right decisions.

Also, another thing, I do not know their username here on Tip.It but I suspect they have an account here. I'm sure you'd be able to contact them in-game on the chat.

I think we need more mods on at 11pm eastern to 9 am eastern. When I've been on at those times, there aren't mods on, except two or three, and they aren't in the chat, merely on call from users in the chat.

The main problem with tipitchat currently is only the clanchat holder can set permant kicks by adding a user to ignore list on the account that holds the tipitchat.

Really Jagex set this up for clans and not sites and theres no way i can be online 24/7. I will look into more users there to have kick powers later today.

But spammers really come and leave chat so quickly its hard for any user with kick powers to stop them.

All i can do is get a list from user in chat for those that need a permant ignore from chat when im online.

I am aware of certain spammers that have rhq in their names, but i'm sure that the staff over at rhq wouldn't do this to us and i ask you all not to spam their chat please. It most likely some bad users just trying to set sites at war and iwe are too smart for that tactic :) for that to happen.

^ Agreed i've been in clan chat a few times.. i cant really keep up so manyyy people i turn away for a minute before it was like, ive bought a new car.. by the time i reply and see the message its like he's gone and he's not coming back and i'm not making much sense..

OK hi lightning not seen you in a longgg time not since the fishing guild a year ago :P

I'll be in clan chat tommorow :-$ just does not tell anyone cos zezeema might go in trying to find me :uhh:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I would say the ability for the moderators to have a sense of humor and not take things to harshly and seriously in the chat channel, would be amazing.

It seems like between all the "fat people will never get anything" and more comments that shouldn't have been there, the current moderator at the time saw through all those vulgar messages, and kicked me for saying a line from snakes on a plane (im sure you all know what line that is).

If anything, the players saying the fat people jokes should have been kicked, but I hear those just kept continuing on.

I will not mention the moderator who did it, but they have a pretty SWEET name.

I'd like to add that I had no warning whatsoever, and the mod hardly even talked in the channel.

I logged onto my alt character to ask why, in a mature and respectful manner, as well as aplogizing, and it was replied to by "Ban evasion is also a kick" and I was booted. This makes me start to think that somebody either woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, or is incapable of explaining to a steadfast supporter of tip.it why he was kicked. This has given me a totally different perspective on tipit in general, and I have to say, it's not a good one.

I'm just trying to figure out how a ban can be EVADED when it's already happened?

It doesn't sound like a chat channel, it sounds like a corrupt beaurocracy.

axeraider194.png