End of the line for powerful weapons?

Tbfgraphx14

this weapon isn't even much better than the whip.

What we need is a weapon the requires around 85-95 attack...

Let me elaborate on that "not much better than the whip" part.

The Godsword has a hefty +132 strength and slash bonus.

The whip has a +82 strength and slash bonus. That's pretty hefty too. Why?

The Godsword has a number to represent its speed, assigned by Jagex itself, which is four. The whip has a speed of 6.

now, for some math:

82/132 = .621212121

6/4 = 1.5

So that's saying the whip is about 2/3 of the Godsword's strength, but 1.5 times the speed.

The inverse of 1.5 is approximately 2/3.

That means the whip is almost as strong as the Godsword (without specs) - but we're forgetting that the whip is a 1-handed weapon, which means you can wield a defender, or a charged dragonfire shield.

I'll say you wield a defender, because it adds slash accuracy and not much defence. The godsword's point is to kill your enemy quickly, so it doesn't have defence. The whip for this comparison should be roughly the same way.

With the new numbers, it goes like this:

87/132 = .6590909090909

6/4 = 1.5

Now that's even closer to 2/3. With the dragonfire shield, which adds +2 more strength, it comes out to MORE than 2/3. Which would, in that case, make the whip more effective.

Of course, this is all without the godsword's insane specs. That's the only thing is has over the whip. Otherwise, mathematically, it is only as strong as the whip.

In brute strength (raw str bonus) it IS the most powerful weapon so far. But who's to say a weapon with...oh...+120 str comes along? It will probably be faster. Maybe not 1-handed. Or maybe it will be - that would be even better.

Sorry about the long post; I was bored.

newtipitsig.jpg

Barrows drops: Verac's Brassard - Tooth Half - D med - Ahrim's staff - Karil's Crossbow - Loop Half - Guthan's Helm!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly not! Im sure there will be better 1 handed weapons to come.

+1

+ 2

+3 we haven't got anything to say we just want to get are post count higher! <.<

But i think the 2 hp's to 1 lvl would be nice ::'

yar har +4

LOL invite? PM me :)

nosailing.png

Maxed Kitten.png

this weapon isn't even much better than the whip.

What we need is a weapon the requires around 85-95 attack...

Let me elaborate on that "not much better than the whip" part.

The Godsword has a hefty +132 strength and slash bonus.

The whip has a +82 strength and slash bonus. That's pretty hefty too. Why?

The Godsword has a number to represent its speed, assigned by Jagex itself, which is four. The whip has a speed of 6.

now, for some math:

82/132 = .621212121

6/4 = 1.5

So that's saying the whip is about 2/3 of the Godsword's strength, but 1.5 times the speed.

The inverse of 1.5 is approximately 2/3.

That means the whip is almost as strong as the Godsword (without specs) - but we're forgetting that the whip is a 1-handed weapon, which means you can wield a defender, or a charged dragonfire shield.

I'll say you wield a defender, because it adds slash accuracy and not much defence. The godsword's point is to kill your enemy quickly, so it doesn't have defence. The whip for this comparison should be roughly the same way.

With the new numbers, it goes like this:

87/132 = .6590909090909

6/4 = 1.5

Now that's even closer to 2/3. With the dragonfire shield, which adds +2 more strength, it comes out to MORE than 2/3. Which would, in that case, make the whip more effective.

Of course, this is all without the godsword's insane specs. That's the only thing is has over the whip. Otherwise, mathematically, it is only as strong as the whip.

In brute strength (raw str bonus) it IS the most powerful weapon so far. But who's to say a weapon with...oh...+120 str comes along? It will probably be faster. Maybe not 1-handed. Or maybe it will be - that would be even better.

Sorry about the long post; I was bored.

In other words, the godsword is 1.6x stronger in terms of attack and strength, but the whip is 1.5x faster. That means if you fight with the godsword alone, it will be better than the whip. 6% better.

BUT if you use a defender, the godsword will be 1.3x better than the whip in terms of attack, and 1.5x better in terms of strength. That means whip+ defender is 7% better than the godsword.

But anyway, what I meant by "not much better than the whip" is that the weapon isn't good enough to beat the whip once you calculate in the other bonuses.

They should make high-hitting weapons like the Godsword work differently in the Wilderness.

I do believe this is the key, you do know that not all updates are based around pvp gameplay. The amount of monsters in the game with over 99 hp is a large amount. Just because players have 99hp doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to hit harder on monsters. I do think that jagex may be creating weapons that work differently in the wild.

Sig.jpg

yeah but lewa, mages also have lunar spells and ancient spells

Ancient spells can murder a melee'r within 10 seconds assuming they don't eat (or teleport :? )

Yeah, but melee'rs can use dhide and have very little difference, mages can't do squat in anything but robes.

Lewagold2Sig2.jpg

^Clicky for Q Cape Blog^

MY SIGGIE AND BANNER SHOP

The godsword is possibly the most powerful weapon in existence, and the last almighty battle of the god wars that created the Wilderness was fought over it. It has a decent attack rate and a hefty Strength bonus, but it can also unleash four different special attacks: entirely appropriate for a weapon that is rumoured to be capable of killing a god!

This quote makes me believe that the Godsword will remain as the most powerful weapon in the game. However that doesn't mean that there won't be any better weapons released. It is quite possible that Jagex may decide to make a weapon with better accuracy and str bonuses than the whip (such as 85slash, 85str) as well as it being around the same speed.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

I'm sure runescape will keep going. I mean this was a big update, it took them 2 weeks to do it. They have kept a lag at a minimum, but there was a little more after the GWD. Space costs money on the web and they need space to be able to put these things in. Less space equals more lag for us players. The small increase in lag means they have a lot of space for future updates. They woulden't waste the money if they knew RS is gonna flop. This is the most basic thing you have to understand before you start anything programing anything on the web. Understanding this it is not that hard to figure out if they will stop anytime soon. You can worry if they have a big update and then have a lot of lag after that.

Yeah, but melee'rs can use dhide and have very little difference, mages can't do squat in anything but robes.

Thats not true.

Ive seen people wearing black dhide, cast ice barrage from dhide onto others that are wearing black dhide, and still hit. Its really not to hard to get a positive mage bonus.

And your forgetting:

1) Ancients can hit an excess of 30+

2) With ice spells a meleer cant touch you. If he puts on hides, you use a dds them since its what hides are weak to. You dont keep ranging if your opponent flips from robes to rune do you?

3) Vengance, The GodSwords Greatest Threat.

While the whip and dds might have the same overall attack power in terms of time vs power, you forget how the godsword is effective is its high hits. Vengance basically turns these high hits into your ammunition.

Say, he hits a 50 with a GS on you. 75% recoil. Vengence hits an immediate 37 recoil on him. If you are hitting 30+ with a whip thats almost 70+ damage instantly on HIM, and thats only if he hits a 50.

*whine comment* But I dont have high enough mage to use vengence!

Its one of the GS's greatest weaknesses, because you simply cant use it dosent mean it has no weaknesses.

Personaly I think Jagex is now starting to try and fix the big problem of just "Putting on hides to block magic" as the new range armor reduces melee stats. I would like to see a melee reduction on dhide in the future.

But in the end, if your pking with just 1 combat skill, you deserve to be killed. You need to have armor/weapons for any situation. Mage isnt underpowered, its just now becoming into balance.

dawnsigblue-3.png

+1

+ 2

+3 we haven't got anything to say we just want to get are post count higher! <.<

+4 :D

+5 :lol:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

+1

+ 2

I guess they willbut if they do i hope the don't ruin PvP, at least it doesn't effect f2p ::' so +6

228996.png

+1

+ 2

I guess they willbut if they do i hope the don't ruin PvP, at least it doesn't effect f2p ::' so +6

+7 No way Jagex will stop making better 1 handed weapons.

omg im up to +7 :mrgreen:

I kinda wanna elaborate on hit tho. Its not really even a skill, its just a number that determines if your alive or dead. It would be nice if jagex made it into a skill of sorts. Like you hits level determines if a dds spec can ko you or whatever. This would be great because it would allow Jagex to continue to make increasingly more powerful weapons, without over doing it.

Thoughts?

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

omg im up to +7 :mrgreen:

I kinda wanna elaborate on hit tho. Its not really even a skill, its just a number that determines if your alive or dead. It would be nice if jagex made it into a skill of sorts. Like you hits level determines if a dds spec can ko you or whatever. This would be great because it would allow Jagex to continue to make increasingly more powerful weapons, without over doing it.

Thoughts?

Um.. :-k

There is this skill called "Defence". It determines how hard you get hit on, and thus how powerful specs hit on you.

However there is the idea of a food which heals % of health, simiar to sara brews, but without reducing stats and isnt in potion form. Something like this would be more useful for high HP levels, but low levels, it wont heal massive ammounts.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Wtf??? Is this the 'Count to 15k' game all over again on the general forums? :lol:

While I'm at it, +8, if they introduce new/better/more complex hitpoints system so that we dont' get One-Hitted by everyone who can afford the new weapon :-#

Edit: Oh dang a bunch of people posted before me lol... +8 :shock:

newsigac5.png

Now we just need a super godly 1 handed weapon. I really don't know how long they can keep on making better weapons though. Maybe eventually there'll be like 10 weapons that can 1 hit anybody :shock: .

But seriously I think the God sword is definitely one of the last powerful weapons we will see. The only thing we need is a 1 handed weapon that powerful and a good strength training weapon. And maybe a PvM wep. Even then the prices will be so high everybody will stick with the whip. I dont think the Godsword will even be useable for average players until the end of 2008.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

The godsword is possibly the most powerful weapon in existence, and the last almighty battle of the god wars that created the Wilderness was fought over it. It has a decent attack rate and a hefty Strength bonus, but it can also unleash four different special attacks: entirely appropriate for a weapon that is rumoured to be capable of killing a god!

This quote makes me believe that the Godsword will remain as the most powerful weapon in the game. However that doesn't mean that there won't be any better weapons released. It is quite possible that Jagex may decide to make a weapon with better accuracy and str bonuses than the whip (such as 85slash, 85str) as well as it being around the same speed.

I quoted the same thing, but nobody seems to care. It's annoying how everyone conveniently 'assumes' there'll be more powerful weapons, and one handed no less! Instead everyone is like "+5 duhh". Why no one thinks Jagex may, just may, have put the ultimate max for weapons, is beyond me. :evil:

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.