NEW iPODS RELEASED TODAY 9/5

navyplaya

Dayum, 160gb. Its a freaking hard drive that fits in your pocket

The new nano, the little fat thing... it'd look better if it were in the portrait shape. Its so... square and fat. like the creative zen v...

i've never owned an ipod, but with my experience with many other mp3 players... ipod is the easiest to use. They... work.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

160GBs?! Jesus Christ, I thought 80 was like the max. :lol:

What next? An iPod with no buttons, you must think to get what you what. o_O

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Its now 5 Hours video time (instead of around 3) for the 80gp model, and its 7 Hours for the 160gp (who would need that much memory by the way :s - I suppose it'd be good for an external hard-drive regardless - but song and video wise I doubt many people would need that much memory).

When mp3 players first came out, I am talking pre-iPod here, 32 or 64 megabytes was common. Then the Creative Nomad came out and it was 2 or 4 gigs, and everyone thought that was crazy. Who would need that much? Now there is complaints about a 16 gig version not having enough space.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I think its pointless to release newer models of iPods I mean lets take the new iPod Touch for an example whats new? A touch screen? Thats complete bull because why spend a couple more hundred bucks on a added new feature.... a touch screen come on can you really be that lazy and not just press the god damn buttons and why come out with bigger memory models like the 160GB like are you really gonna listen to 160GB of music?

sasignaturepb.png

iPrismatic.png

スーパーかわいい~

I think its pointless to release newer models of iPods I mean lets take the new iPod Touch for an example whats new? A touch screen? Thats complete bull because why spend a couple more hundred bucks on a added new feature.... a touch screen come on can you really be that lazy and not just press the god damn buttons and why come out with bigger memory models like the 160GB like are you really gonna listen to 160GB of music?

Your logic fails due to the fact that apple holds most of the player market right now

and just look at LP's post. And in case you didn't know, people use ipods for more than music

p.s. i have never owned an apple product

Your logic fails due to the fact that apple holds most of the player market right now

and just look at LP's post. And in case you didn't know, people use ipods for more than music

p.s. i have never owned an apple product

Just because they're so big we must be friendly about it? :?

P.S: Nice PS

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

160 Gigs is just ridiculous. And you know that the 160 version will outsell the 80 gig version 4:1 since most kids will just want the more expensive one :roll:

I really don't understand the Apple craze. I mean there are cheaper, better players out there under other brand names, I don't think many people refute that. For example instead of the Nano you can get the similarity sized Creative Zen, it has a screen that supports 16 million colors and has a microphone, FM radio, video player, and an SD slot to expand the memory. It comes in three sizes, just like the Nano.

The Nano's 2GB price = the 4GB Zen's price

The Nano's 4GB price = the 8GB Zen's price

and the Nano's 8 is equal in price to the 16GB.

So yea, twice the storage for the same price, plus a SD slot, Radio, better battery life, etc, etc, etc

Apple is amazing like that though. Unlike any other company they have a monopoly based on the sheer amount of fans they have. Other companies that have monopolies, like Microsoft or GE, have monopolies, but they are based on the fact that they have cheaper products or offer superior quality, respectively. Apple on the other hand has a monopoly even though it's products are quite a bit more expensive and they don't even offer as much as the cheaper ones :|

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Trap you base your views on Apple and its competitors based purely on features. You also have to factor in that you are buying into quality design. When I got my new car I could have gone for a Skoda, would have been cheaper (cost), more miles per gallon (battery life), more features such as 4 doors, split climate control and gps (sd slot, radio) etc. However I went for the Honda Civic because it looks frakin' sweet!

I'm not an Apply fanboy and I dont hate Microsoft but i'd still rather have an iPod than one of the competetors. It looks amazingly well designed and feels like a really quality product in your hands. Its smooth and desirable and this isnt because of the Apple advertising making people think that, it genuinely feels the best overall. And over 60% of people buying mp3 players agree.

The touch screen is, at the moment, a gimmick. It has a small storage space when you factor in how large videos and tv shows take up. However its an experimental product and Apple will have to monitor sales before spending the R&D money on putting in a nice chunky hard drive in there. The classic iPod is still the best quality jukebox on the market, and by jukebox i mean you put everything you have on there and thense choose what you want to play. The touch is not a jukebox and instead a regular player, you have to choose beforehand what you want to synchronise with the iPod before you take it away.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Its now 5 Hours video time (instead of around 3) for the 80gp model, and its 7 Hours for the 160gp (who would need that much memory by the way :s - I suppose it'd be good for an external hard-drive regardless - but song and video wise I doubt many people would need that much memory).

When mp3 players first came out, I am talking pre-iPod here, 32 or 64 megabytes was common. Then the Creative Nomad came out and it was 2 or 4 gigs, and everyone thought that was crazy. Who would need that much? Now there is complaints about a 16 gig version not having enough space.

Yeah but that was before the ability to put large sized files of video on them. I'm comparing the fact that the last Ipod Video the 40gb let alone the 80gb was large enough even for lots of videos and now for the same features they've brought out the 160gb.

160GB?

Why would you need that much memory? It's not like you are gonna listen to you iPod for 2 months straight then go "Oh, not this song again"

it'd be for people like Herr who are hardcore with the music :-$

It also means DJs can put all the music onto the iPod and not have to carry around cases and cases of discs

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

160GB?

Why would you need that much memory? It's not like you are gonna listen to you iPod for 2 months straight then go "Oh, not this song again"

it'd be for people like Herr who are hardcore with the music :-$

What does he have? 125 hours of music or so? (I thought I saw a play list of his once.)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

The reason I have an iPod is that it has a very user-friendly interface. I have 6gb music, and with a regular mp3 it's very hard to find a particular song. That's why I use an iPod. Also, the brand is a quality guarantee and it looks nice of course.

An iPod touch is a big waste of money. 300 bucks for 8gb, no thanks. A regular iPod works just well and they cost 40 bucks less for 10 times as much space. I also don't need an extra big screen; I only have a couple of clips on my video, I'm not going to watch movies on a screen the size of a postcard.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

For everyone grumbling about how there are better MP3 players out there, for me i'd buy the iPod for the reasons Merc said (I genuinely believe that it feels like a top of the range quality product, and am very happy and proud of owning one) as well as the fact that I have 41GB of music, and not many other MP3s out there can support that kind of library (my current iPod included). It's a faff to have to cycle through what's on your iPod.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"