Inspiration, Initiative, and Drive

benar

Many of us have set great goals for ourselves in the game, and many of those goals have been accomplished. But what is it that inspires these goals, what gives you the initiative to set them, and what gives you the drive to accomplish them?

Maybe you were inspired by someone you looked up to, or maybe you just simply wanted something and worked for it.

Whatever the cause or reason, share it here.

What inspires you? What gives you initiative, and what is it that drives you to the finish?

Also, feel free to share any reasons why you might have stopped at a goal.

picture7eo0.png

I think what drove me most to 99 smithing is that I loved the skill and I wanted the skill cape in the skill i loved.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

My goals are usually getting particular levels, or groups of levels (all skills 70+ is my current long-term aim) with smaller short-term goals popping up into the mix when needed... like getting 73 smithing so I can close off my Varrock Achievement diary.

siganizq4.gif

my drives me for my goals.

Is this fact how I'm not slaving in front of a moniter screen for the same goal of hundreds of others.

Don't get me wrong. I am slaving in front of my computer screen every evening, but it is for something different. not just some skill cape that hundreds of others have,

It's for the most quest points possible at level 3? or accomplishing all the easy tasks at the lowest possible level.

I'm not saying nobody else has done that... but It sure is a less then how many people slave away for 99 cooking for example.

What inspires you? What gives you initiative, and what is it that drives you to the finish?
My original inspiration was a old friend who has since quit. I had to get my skills to the same as/higher than hers. It has since been altered and as of yet, not completed. My usual inspiration is somebody who I know well or despise. My initiative, I guess, is to be better than them? The drive that keeps me going is sheer determination.

Also, feel free to share any reasons why you might have stopped at a goal.
My only reason to stop a goal is to achieve one I want more. For example, I would stop a 70 range goal to get a 90 fishing goal.

My goal was the questcape. That because I like quests the most in RS, on of the very few things that arent to repetative for me. It can give you some nice rewards, and you can do lots of different things. That in contrary to a friend of mine who was going for 99 hunter. Every day 2 slow hours of grinding chinchompas... I cant stand grinding, really. So for me a goal that didnt include much grinding.

Ive quit it btw at 230/248 QP. Started playing another game, LOTRO. Much less grinding. And college life is extremely busy atm, started to live on my own (Im 18 \' ) with some other cool people. So wouldnt have time for playing anyway.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

my inspiration is to be better that the people who have made a fool of me

example, some1 scams me, i get all my stats over him AND get more money than him

i get killed in wildy (like, absoloutley destroyed) i get better stats than him and kill him

idk, but for me this game is revenge

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I guess i do those goals is because i will enjoy it or it's something that will help me in runescape later on.

I was beating all my friends in level then one of his friends gave him his level 81 acc and i'm 80 :( . Too bad i'm too busy skilling because i rarely enjoy combat.

One of the few goals i stopped at was 99 wc and it was 2 days ago. I guess i stopped because i wanted a Santa Hat so badly so you will see me rcing now. Wc is 90/99 :( .

228996.png

I want to prove to everyone that F2P is not crap compared to P2P, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and just because some people pay does not means that those who don't are the filth of humanity, stuck in a part of the game where there is nothing to do.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

my goals are set to make my rs life easyer

if 70 agillity would help me take a shortcut

i will get it

if 99 ranged will make me kill ahrims faster

i'll get it

i just like playing the game and finding ways to make hard things

easyer \'

I always tell the truth even when I lie

The drive from 99 fire make came to me when me and 2 of my friends decied to get a skill at 99. One choose fletching (he stoped felecthing and whent to 99 fish 92atm) And one friend wanted to get 99 construction (but alas he hs quit runescape to go to college 74atm) So I decied to go for a skill which i knew i could get. At the time when i started this my fire make lvl was 65. It was 2 reasons that drove me to 99 fm. One, its the coolest camp in RS IMHO. And 2 my friends helpeing me and drive me to get 99 firemake made all the difference.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

The diversity of all these answers is really great. :)

So... what drives me? I am driven by the gratification. When you slave over a goal for a long time, or what may seem like a long time, there is nothing better than the end, when you can sit back and look at what you've accomplished for yourself.

I am inspired by random people, whom I will never officialy meet. Their visible accomplishments give me ideas of my own.

The initiative for me goes hand in hand with my drive.

picture7eo0.png

what drives me is, either play this or watch tv. i think this is a little more productive then tv. but thats just me.

+1 lol.

I get really annoyed 'cos my mum says, you've been on the computer for ages, come off, and so I'm like: fine *watches TV.* And my mum let's me do that for the rest of the evening!!! :shock: :wall:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and it's a good game and community and stuffs... #-o

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113