Free Hugs day? Lets try Russian Sex day!

Achilleus

Link to Aritcle :- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6990802.stm

Russian 'sex day' to boost births

The governor of Ulyanovsk region in Russia is offering prizes to couples who have babies in exactly nine months - on Russia's national day on 12 June.

Sergei Morozov wants couples to take the day off work to have sex. If a baby is born on national day, they will receive cars, TVs or other prizes.

Mr Morozov has declared Wednesday "family contact day" as part of efforts to fight Russia's demographic crisis.

The population has sharply declined since the Soviet Union collapsed.

This is the third year that Ulyanovsk, in central Russia, is offering prizes for babies born on 12 June.

This year, a couple won the grand prize of a sports utility vehicle (SUV).

The initiative seems to be paying off as the region's birth rate has risen by 4.5% over last year.

"If there's a good, healthy atmosphere at home within the family, if the husband and wife both love each other and their child, they will be in good spirits... So there'll be a healthy atmosphere throughout the country," Mr Morozov told the Associated Press news agency.

Demographers estimate that Russia could lose 40 million people - almost a third of its current population - by the middle of the century.

A combination of falling birth rates, emigration and an ailing health care system has led to the decline.

President Vladimir Putin has introduced a scheme to encourage more children.

Women who have a second or third child are eligible to receive $9,000 which can be used to pay for education or home purchases.

I thought this was quite funny Because if you look on Free hugs Post We were actually wishing for a free sex day, Our wishes came true :XD:

Why can't I get the thought of some oaf called Vlad punishing his wife for not sprogging one out on the 12th of June out my head? :(

I'm all for sexy time, but this seems a bit unnatural. And unneccessary, for every day can be a sexy day!

In China there are too many people, and in Russia soon not enough...

:) - Anyway, it's a brave initiative but as Bubsa said quite unnatural. If you get a baby, you recieve a car? It's something else I guess.

signature4s.jpg

In China there are too many people, and in Russia soon not enough...

:) - Anyway, it's a brave initiative but as Bubsa said quite unnatural. If you get a baby, you recieve a car? It's something else I guess.

So...why not...move the Chinese into Russia! Everyones a winner!

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

I bet you this will cause premature babies for desperatly poor families too.

I can actually see that possibly happening, family wants the money so they have the baby c-sectioned prematurely. . . but then again, maybe not.

Interesting.

p2gq.jpg

In Soviet Russia, baby have you!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Making life for prizes and not love...amazing.

What would the couple do with a kid born on June 15? Send him away to an adoption agency? #-o

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

8-) here we go *calls Suzi*

I call seconds! :thumbsup:

Freaks. I'd say something about internet and real life girls, but we're all just kidding here.

I hope. :uhh:

It really is alarming isn't it? Russia attempting to jump-start its population because of the negative amounts...Too bad for the political boundaries or we could just send over a few dozen million individuals from China and India, and other severely overcrowded places.

Although it does hearken of a new cold war....Frightening.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

8-) here we go *calls Suzi*

I call seconds! :thumbsup:

shes probably worn out by now :lol:

Please don't call me stupid but, who is suzi?

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"