Things runescape has taught me

nickeley102

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have learned that lobsters arn't an endangered species.

Indeed they are not, only some species are - the big ones might be, but most of the small ones certainly aren't.

(I hope some of these are new..)

I've learned ..

.. that there is no sky

.. that you can perform magic with funny stones with a picture on them

.. that being hit by some weapons makes you tired (torags hammers, whips with spec..)

.. that rings take just as much space as plate armour

.. that if you yell "red:" whatever you say next will be red instead

.. that stringing a bow takes as much effort as cutting it

.. that you only get slayer experience if someone told you to kill that specific species of monster

.. that magnetism only affects arrows on the ground - not in the air

.. that there are no real building stores (where you could buy any kind of plank etc)

.. that when building a house, you will not need stones/planks for the walls, just money

.. that holding a specific kind of saw makes you better at building

.. that after a while crystal objects 'revert to seed'

.. that getting more keyrings copies your keys

.. that some inhabitants of RuneScape think there are no toilets, but other think there are (I've never seen one though)

.. that inhabitants of RuneScape can see your skills without using lunar magics (how else would those guild-guards know whether they should allow you in?)

.. that you don't get tired from fighting

.. that smithing nails takes as long as smithing plate armour

.. that dragon longswords and daggers are imported by fairies from some weird place, but maces and battle axes are available from 'the heroes guild'

.. that those daggers seem to be better than those longswords, not in stats but in capability (dagger pwns longsword in duels)

.. that most dragons don't actually drop anything 'dragon'

.. but that they DO drop 'clue scrolls'

.. that dragons exist in the first place

.. and that if you wear armour made from their skin you suddenly become better at using ranged weapons

as a side note: magic armour (mystic, splitbark, etc) is the only type of armour that cannot be made by players, armour for archers and warriors can easily be made though. Does this sound fair to you?

harold_king.png

Playing RS since Nov. 2002 (but with various breaks)

i can keep things in an invisible bag...

cutting my hair is more expensive than changing my clothes...

wait i cant change my clothes, i have to buy new ones and throw away the old ones..

scammers and wildy are dangerouse to my calmness and stress :ohnoes:

sick people fall in love and call pixelated people that look the same hot... (not cool)

some people live off this game, GO ON A BREAK FOR 5 MINUTES!

you can get rich by cutting a tree...

i hate a lot of people...

being high level and going to a f2p world isnt fun...

... and, i can walk across the world in like, 10 minutes?

oh wait, i dont have a voice i have text...

wait theres more, dang wont this end?

ghosts can be killed with swords and arrows

level matters to be liked...

personality doesn't count to half the people

dont trust most of the women in the game, someone claimed 90% of them aren't women...

and more later

men are like soil, women are like spades, they dig us but then they are like humans too, they use, abuse and walk all over us! why!?

That it is physically possible to hold molten glass without some sort of container

I also learned

That no matter how long you have molten glass, it wont harden

You get lots of produce by farming only 3 seeds.

No one has to keep adding any kind of fuel to keep the furnace going.

I can only wear one ring, even though i have 10 fingers.

Banked items appear at any bank, world wide, instantly.

There are really no "special" people in the world

That no one cuts the grass.... it just doesn't grow any taller.

Drinking alchohol is encouraged, but not a single word about drugs.

We arent born, and we never get old.

I learned that there is no atheism, merely people who refuse to utilize the prayer skill to their advantage.

That people are bored enough to read 5 pages of things they already knew.

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

I think I've learned a few contradictions to modern thought, such as;

Sharing is caring, but theivings way more fun.

While sharing with others will obviously better your person in some way, hoardings better for profit.

No matter how strong I may be, the lvl 3 bot beside me, which has never touched a str training option, will always mine/cut ore/logs at a similar rate.

An ancient bit of leather I found rotting in an underground chest provides better protection from arrows than the skin of a black dragon.

Similarly, an ancient brassard I found in the same chest provides better protection, with it's one arm plate, than a full platebody (not necessarily barrows platebodies) against slash, crush, magic, and get this, range :-s

While beer may intoxicate me to the point of reduced attack, it does nothing to my agility, or even affect my speech. (hello ocifer ::' )

It's possible to slaughter nearly anything, clear cut any type of tree, or just hunt indefinitely, and it will always be there. (You're telling me you've caught around 144.5k lobsters from 40-99, and yet how many people constantly fish them...... :roll: )

That, for some odd reason, there are hundreds of thousands of humans, and only 10% of them are female :shock: and the majority of said women have the charisma of a cadaver and when talked to only issue 4 generic comments -.-

No matter if you're toting a cannon, an anchor, and a full set of granite armor, you can never fall off certain tightropes, nor do they snap.

That some people are moronic enough to name their children stuff like "n00b pkz0r" or "i 0wn j00"...... :-s

Living in runescape is really freaking expensive #-o

I think thats all, there maybe more....

That WAS subliminal;

you just didn't notice it

Ahh Runescape.... Where the men are men and so are the women...

I can feed a huge number of tuna to my pet kitten, and it won't mind, even though each one is about the same size as the kitten. It won't even get heavier.

Then there's stuff we can learn about people's behaviour...

If there's something silly that people can do, they WILL do it. Whenever there's a bug and someone's got stuck, there'll be at least one world where a crowd of people has come along and deliberately gotten themselves stuck to see what it's like.

Or those stray dogs in Varrock. You can shoo them away, and they'll whine and run off. So you occasionally see teams of people shooing the dog back and forth as fast as they can, which looks mighty unkind. They don't get rewarded from it, they just feel like doing it. (You can give the dog a bone instead, but how often does anyone do that?)

I suppose silly behaviour isn't unique to RuneScape. It's just toned down in the real world because it can have a penalty or down-side. (Try treating a dog like that in this country and see how long it takes for you to be prosecuted. Or, better still, don't.)

I've learnt that no matter how many times you stick your hand in a guard's pocket - he never gets turned on.

I've learnt that a guard's pocket contains an amount of GP equivalent to that held in Fort Knox.

I've learnt that Niles, Giles and Miles are not really that clever.

I've learnt that people die in exactly the same way (dying swan) - no matter whether you've been burnt, stabbed, whipped etc.

I've learnt that you don't mess with inebriated small folk who happen to be carrying around a pile of rocks.

I've learnt that it's possible for several people to co-ordinate precisely in the use of the same spinning wheel, without getting in each other's way.

I've learnt that the baker in Ardougne can cook all manner of breads, cakes etc, for hours on end without an oven or a ready supply of flour, sugar or water.

I've learnt that I can break wind and no-one complains.

I've learnt that there are more means of teleporting than Captain Kirk would have us believe.

I've learnt that that Gertrude always seems to have a number of kittens, but I've never seen the parents.

I've learnt that there a no public toilets anywhere in Runescape.

You can carry 2.1 billion arrows in your backpack, but not 3 dozen eggs.

You can put a full beer glass in your backpack and carry it over 100 miles through rivers, jungles, and even dragons without spilling a single drop.

There is about a 50/50 chance of finding a needle in a haystack.

You can eat an entire sea turtle shell and all in one bite, but not an apple pie.

41166338jj7.png

click my (very bad) siggy for blog

I've learned that in the middle ages wizards were celebrated and/or feared and witches weren't burned at the steak...it probably wouldn't have tasted very good(the steak)

This one has been said alot but I like it:You can kill people right in front of a guard and he won't do anything.

You can kill a gaurd right in front of a gaurd and he won't do anything.

It's alright to wear hats and carry weapons inside a church.

And syndrome i like your sig :XD:

I resemble that remark!

Achieved quest cape for first time on: 4-2-09 WOOHOO!

Beat Nomad on 6-24-10 WOOHOO!.

331bfcd139.png

i think ive learned a few things form rs.

1) tolerance of noobs and newbs. i used to be one so i know what its like. it doesnt make dealing with someone who doesnt stop asking you for free stuff for 3 hours.

2) typing. i used to REALLY suck at typing, rs is where i first learned how to chat speak (very badly) but i soon graduated to better qualities of typing, it also increased my wpm.

3) Patience. skilling takes time, so does making money. every bit counts so patience is very big.

I can burn hundreds of thousands of logs without ruining the atmosphere

You can do that in real life aswell. If you burn wood it doesn't add to the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere because all it does is release the carbon dioxide that it took in during respiration.

Either way it still releases carbon dioxide... So if we were to burn all the trees in the world "it doesn't add to the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere because all it does is release the carbon dioxide that it took in during respiration." Fair enough then.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

What fun!

Although it's been said, I've learned that when you kill a guard, goblin or dwarf, not only will the other guards, goblins or dwarves not help their fellow, they will line up obligingly and wait patiently until you have finished and turn to the next guard, goblin or dwarf.

I've learned that you can bury bones anywhere: ground, sidewalk, floors of houses and castles, it doesn't matter.

I've learned that no matter how many times you're bludgeoned, stabbed, stung to death, or eaten by wolves, your clothes never get torn or dirty.

Ahh, Runescape!

gaaallllgh5.jpg

that lobsters are tricky to eat and yet can be eaten in 2 seconds

that some people *cough* miles *cough* dont know what a f!@#ing fish looks like and decide to come up to you in the middle of a freaking battle to ask you the same stupid question over and over

that rick turpentine can attack you in the bank and the tellers sit there smiling like morons instead of calling the runescape police.

that 2 coal and 1 iron makes steel (it actually helped me on a quiz in school)

emote.gif

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=615955

click link to go to ganon95 productions

runescape requires a lot of skills, napoleon dynamyte would love this game

i am the proud owner of the quest point cape; all quests done 12/04/06

I've learned that soembody can slash a sword at you, seeming to slice you in half, yet do no damage at all.

I've learned that helping zombie monks rewards you with a giant anchor.

I've learned that the monsters under my bed are, in fact, real.

I've learned that Strength, in many cases, is not in fact used for lifting heavy objects.

I've learned that killing monsters:

A. Makes them come back to life a few seconds later and

B. Rewards you with random items that have absolutely nothing to do with the monster itself.

I've learned that you can eat a shark in one bite, but it takes three to eat a cake.

Nice thread btw! =D>

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK