Halo Discussion thread

foxbat9

So, my copy, coming from Kentucky, is now back in Kentucky.

Why the hell they are doing this, I dont know, but Im getting annoyed.

IT WAS IN CONNECTICUT YESTERDAY, it should have been here today.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Do you guys think it's worth me buying Reach? I've played my Xbox for about 2 hours over the past month, probably less. I don't have live (I have a live card though) and I'm not particularly fond of multiplayer, mostly because I'm really awful. However, I really enjoyed playing the Halo 3 campaign.

Basically, my question is would it be worth it for me to throw down the money if all I'm going to do is play through the campaign? Is it something I'll enjoy enough to play through more than once? Also, is the new multi-player enjoyable enough to make someone who's not really into it have fun?

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Look up on Forge.

Firefight will probably entertain you for a bit.

But with Forge, if should entertain you for a while.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

If it takes you 2-3 hours for a single mission you're pretty awful. Even on Legendary.

How does Legendary compare to CoD4 Veteran? To me thats pretty much the standard to judge the difficulty of FPSs.

Firefight will probably entertain you for a bit.

If you wanted to play firefight in splitscreen (2 people) can you have 2 AI allies?

I thought there was a single player version of Firefight?

Here was my experience with the flaming helmet so far:

A few people sending me and my friends messages asking if we were from Bungie, and one apologized for T-Bagging us

Then either a 10 or 11 year old kid was on the other team, and I went in to armor lock right in front of him. Right when I did that and I was about to get out of it he starts screaming "WHY IS HIS FACE ON FIRE OH MY [bleep]ING GOD@@@@@" and then I proceeded to get up and smack him in the face! :D.

Right now I'm using EOD because it's my favorite helmet that I can buy so far, but I really want the Haunted Helmet variation of the Pilot helmet (which I can't buy yet and is 90k credits and no one knows what rank you get it at) look it up if you haven't seen it yet; it would be crazy with my fiery head. I'm also almost a Warrant Officer Grade 1 because Bungie didn't reset me! Mwuahahaha :thumbup:

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

GT: XVultimaVX

Add me, so we can get a few games going. I hate not having teammates to work with.

Oh, and some stats: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/careerstats/default.aspx?player=XVultimaVX&vc=3

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Just bought the game. Hope its worth the cash I paid for it.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Have to say the game all and all so far is great. This is my first halo game, so it is very difficult for me to get used to this, but I have some great friends helping me out so far.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Zilla's video reminded me of the Scarab plasma rifle on Halo 2. :3

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

SHHA9FSHIOSAGFVOIHSDIAOFHVIOSDHXZIHFCIOSKCL LIKE OH. MY. GOD. Ok XD Now I've got that out the way I can start talking better :)

Got reach on the day of release 3 days ago and decided "Hey, I know! I'll start campaign on Heroic for the first run through before I try to get the achievement I want most - 'God's Must Be Strong' + 'Monument To All Your Sins'" Soooooooo I'm now currently on like the 6/7th mission or so.... i forgot which, and it's already better than i expected.

ANYONE WHO HASN'T GOT IT, GO BUY IT......... NOW! it is really really amazing..... Had my first massive "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" moment at the end of mission 5 (?) after all the flying and stuffs. Long way to go for the finish! :D

"Spartans never die. They just go missing in action!" ;) love that quote from the trailer and opening scene so much <3

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

[hide=End game spoiler]

Is the lone wolf level supposed to be longer than 2 minutes or what? are there alternate endings. I accidently died right away and we still had a nice little cutscene and all but nothing about Srgnt Johnson and Cortana and the Dr.

[/hide]

Socc.png

Socc | 99 Magic | 95/99 Range | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 96/99 Summoning |Join SODB for some monster Slayin! |

[hide=End game spoiler]

Is the lone wolf level supposed to be longer than 2 minutes or what? are there alternate endings. I accidently died right away and we still had a nice little cutscene and all but nothing about Srgnt Johnson and Cortana and the Dr.

[/hide]

[hide]

I am unsure, apparently you are just suppose to survive as long as you can. It seems to get insane the farther you live, at a point wraiths and the sorts are dropped. I haven't heard of anybody who has survived the Wraiths. Imagine a Scarab or two dropping.

[/hide]

vizardsig-1.png

Got the grenadier helmet :thumbsup: I quite like it. I'm going to try and make my spartan into Jorge, because he's a bad-[wagon]. Warrant Officer as well :thumbup:

If only I could have the turret...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!