New item database tool: equipment builder

MPM

Bull, runehq's is 100x better and it has the new armor and godsword available with pictures and a better interface.

This=Fail.

And I love tipit so don't tell me oo you're just a runehq fan come to flame tipit.

The items database and some calcs/features of runehq are just much better than tipits.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9/10, need to add some items...

Awesome :thumbsup:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

when using any type of search of a database, anywhere, it's important to use the *smallest* part of the name that will give a distinct result (don't type a word like "rune" on our main database unless you want to be miserable, lol).

it's also a good idea not to use Capital Letters, as one never knows whether a search tool will be too sensitive to know that we meant "capital letters". (I've no idea if ours is, but it shouldn't be.)

For Helm of Neitiznot, I'd probably type "Neit" or "tiz" or "not" (though "not" may turn up a lot of junk) and see what I get. Even "Helm of" would get you there.

Sorry that we don't have more of the new God Wars items showing yet - since they are expensive and uncommon it's hard to get ahold of them for a thorough research job. Feel free to post in Website Updates and Corrections forum if you have one - a png of the item is great, and for the name and examine and stats pics, a jpg will do.

I think the Ring of dueling has no stats, which may be why it's not listed here? Not sure. I'm sure the crewbies who identified the wieldable items will review to see if this should be included (if only to let you know that it has NO stat effects, assuming that is true.)

As far as pictures, I think this is slated for a future update to this tool?

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

To the people saying why there's no Ring of Dueling or Ring of Wealth.

Does those rings help you like Warrior, Zerker, Archer, and Seers?

No they have no bounses. I don't see why to include useless rings.

To the people saying why there's no Ring of Dueling or Ring of Wealth.

Does those rings help you like Warrior, Zerker, Archer, and Seers?

No they have no bounses. I don't see why to include useless rings.

then why add the arrows spot? arrows also don't have a bonus...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Thats a cool database, it would be nicer if it would show the armor pieces in the slots.

yeah good idea

also one of the most used helms is missing. the helm of nietzinot

also the godsword bandos boots and the armadyl ranged armour. but i suppose we will just wait for that to be added to the item base.

i think there should be some types of "ready-made armour sets and perhaps even what it look like on a player =). id be happy to help

1. In the cape slot I tried using keywords like "skill" and "achievement" to try look for Skill Capes (+9 Defence, etc) but it couldn't find anything....

2. It can't find any Armadyl items. Yes, I have spelt it correctly.

3. Also, why can't it use the proper images for items? Simply use the icon from the items database. Leaving it blank makes it look a bit drab...

gifsiggyrx1.gif

Its good, but it seems to be lacking a few features, such as;

*Pictures of the the items

*Any other way of finding a item

*The layout of the parts needs to be more like the equipment screen on rs.

I'm not going to just state I want this or that. I will help the Tip.it team code the project if they want (because I love programming, Tip.it and RS). I have a far bit of experience with html, php and MySQL (and a few other languages).

[hide=How I would go about adding to the calc.]For example if you use the image location from the items database and past it with the rest of the item info across you can change the image on the equiptment page. (eg

if(empty($variable)){echo ";} else {echo "'} 

)

You could add a auto complete field on the find a item page using AJAX.

And adjust the layout of the items simply using tables/cells.[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I would prefer Dropdown Menu.

Do you know how many kinds of armors there is? :shock:

Well rounding it down to rune or better would also be unfair for lower levels.

EDIT: (The main thing) It looks very well and nicely done not to think of useful.

igsig.png

Full armour sets are in the work, item images in the slots are in the work as well. This calculator is made in javascript, and as far as I know, you can't pass a javascript variable to php, but you can the other way around, so I cant check it in php. It was working in Ajax, but only on my computer, so that will have to be figured out.

I will add wildcards to the search(if it's not there already) and figure out a way to add an error correction for common items.

Items not in the item database, or with stats not showing don't show up in this, god war information is being updated as I speak, so it will be out.

~M

1. In the cape slot I tried using keywords like "skill" and "achievement" to try look for Skill Capes (+9 Defence, etc) but it couldn't find anything

You need to use the skill name for the cape, for example: "[skill] cape" or "[skill] cape(t)". Replace the "[skill]" with the appropriate skill name.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

To be REALLY clever, tie it in to the stat lookup (plus manual entry of missing stats and F2P or P2P outfit selection), so that it could show if an outfit was possible.

And sets, already mentioned, great idea, as even semi-set variations could be assembled faster from a set.

Nice idea.

But pop-ups are so 1997. An expandable / collapsible menu for each equipable spot would be nice.

Something like this:

http://www.flooble.com/scripts/expand.php

It also means we don't have to worry about spelling errors when we enter items, as opposed to searching the database.

A diamond in the rough, this is.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I don't have enough time to look right now, but you should make sure you sanitize all the input and make sure people can't use sql injections.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '%') ORDER BY `name` ASC' at line 1

@peterfisher

~ Proud member of Mystic Chaos~