New item database tool: equipment builder

MPM

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is amazing! Great work! I've just found that with my new outfit I can hit a 23 without and pots or pray :D

I've literally been waiting for something like this to come out!

P.S. Why isn't it on the main page???

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

it's somewhat pointless to include arrows, since to the best of my knowledge, they don't increase stats. Also, I'd like a box at the top for "sets."

6 Barrows

Mystic

Strength Boosting? (All gear with highest str. bonus)

Rune

(possibly other base metals at the very bottom)

Omissions:

Black d-hide (only 2 pieces commonly worn)

Splitbark, Infinity robes: not worn commonly

Armadyl (and other GWD): too expensive

Dragon: too hard to define

nh.jpg

I'd rather have seen a scroll down option too, this can be pretty annoying if you don't how something is spelled, or you don't know what you're exactly searching for. And personally I find scrolling easier then typing.

And I also agree on what has been said before, try to make something unique, instead of just copying an other fansite's ideas. Like more tactics on how to train a skill, play a mini game, or kill a high level monster, or something else totally unique! This will get Tip.It better credit amongst fansite users (We all know how much Zybez is used, just because of its brilliant and one of a kind price guide) and will draw more traffic to the site, if they got something handy.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

its awsome - can i point out one very small yet anyoing bug with the item search - if you put a space after the item name it comes back with 0 results and also could i sugest a spell cheaker on the search as alot of runescape items have very odd names and i along with most people cant remeber them all -.-

oh i just noticed a bigger bug you can equip a 2handed wepon and a sheild

god sword and dharoks grate axe is not in there - there is proly more i will edit as i notice them hope this helps

I wouldn't expect a "What will you look like?" section added to the builder. We would have to get a picture of every item in the game in both male and female, make them fit together in a table, make a huge script that generates the completely random image, and, not to mention, find the bandwidth to host this in. :-k

~Rcty

Rcty

I wouldn't expect a "What will you look like?" section added to the builder. We would have to get a picture of every item in the game in both male and female, make them fit together in a table, make a huge script that generates the completely random image, and, not to mention, find the bandwidth to host this in. :-k

~Rcty

You wouldn't need to generate a random image each time. You could have each armour slot change individually. Meaning you select a platebody, and it just generates something for that part of the image, instead of having every single armour combination possible.

~Rcty

You wouldn't need to generate a random image each time. You could have each armour slot change individually. Meaning you select a platebody, and it just generates something for that part of the image, instead of having every single armour combination possible.

I guess I was a little unclear on that. I meant that we would just have to have a shot of each part, not every combination as a whole. And when I said a random image, I meant that anybody could make any image, making it random and unpredicatble.

Sorry for the confusion!

~Rcty

Rcty

I love it <3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:

The ring of dueling is missing from ring database

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

~Rcty

I guess I was a little unclear on that. I meant that we would just have to have a shot of each part, not every combination as a whole. And when I said a random image, I meant that anybody could make any image, making it random and unpredicatble.

Sorry for the confusion!

~Rcty

It would be a huge undertaking, but with the help of the entire community, I'm sure it would be possible. If everybody submitted an item, we would be done.

Great idea, and I love it, but there are a few bugs.

First and foremost: Where is the link to the calculator? I see the link on the main page under the post, but where, when the post leaves the home page, do you find the link? That could be a problem.

Second: Is it possible to make a cookie or something so the stats can be saved, like a password? It might be kind of annoying if you need to see the stats again after peeking at another page.

But again, great idea. It will really help.

Somebody tell me why people make secondary accounts. 1 main is enough for me, and maybe some candy.

Great tool! A fantastic way for sample building a character.

My only suggestions is to have a list of prebuilt inventories. So for example, I want to know the best possible mage defence outfit, I can select that option and see what I need :)

nice suggestion. =D>

i like this update, and have used it a couple of times already.

100% f2p 8-)

rampage30.png

MSSW3sig.png

Two things:

Ring of Dueling is Missing

You can have for instance, a crystal bow and a rune defender equipped at the same time with this.

But overall, a great program. Nice job crew!