Wine or Beer?

highlanders

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rum and cola ftw!

Ehh... Should I be posting this if I'm 14, lol?

It's called Cuba libre!

Neither alcohol is for idiots.......

Look, I don't drink either and not even I would say that, even though I've watched people very close to me literally drink themselves to death.

Drinking with the sole purpose of getting absolutely wasted and so you don't remember anything and you can let yourself go and be happy - that's idiotic in my opinion. Alcohol itself isn't.

Let's rephrase that: "There are a lot of idiots drinking alcohol."

Let's rephrase that: "There are a lot of idiots drinking alcohol."

And there are even more idiots not drinking alcohol. Your point?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Neither alcohol is for idiots.......

A glass of red wine a day is good for your health and digestion. Fact.

Just wanted to dispel a myth: Red Wine contains anti-oxidants which are good for your heart and digestion. It's worth noting that a single Hershey's bar contains more anti-oxidants than an entire bottle of Red Wine.

It's much more healthy for your LIVER to take the chocolate bar.

There's nothing wrong with drinking alcohol, it's the idiots that drink to get "%#@#-Faced" that are the idiots. And I see LOTS of them at university.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I swore to myself I would NEVER drink anything alchoholic, so I can't really say much about this..

Why not? I meen, you wont get addicted after a glass of beer/wine.

'Cause mommy told him alcohol, like sex, is pure evil.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I swore to myself I would NEVER drink anything alchoholic, so I can't really say much about this..

Why not? I meen, you wont get addicted after a glass of beer/wine.

'Cause mommy told him alcohol, like sex, is pure evil.

My parents were that way. Then, the day I turned 21 they were offering to buy me drinks and their position on alcohol changed completely (I am the youngest child in the family).

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Anything but spirits. I made a total idiot out of myself at a party last weekend because of vodka. I was apparently knocking it back like beer. I've made a promise to myself (and my parents) not to touch spirits for two years.

So im definately a beer person.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Are there any other bitter drinkers on TIF?

It's not something I drink regularly, but when I used to work as a barmaid I loved the days when we had speciality ales in as there would be much sampling. :) A couple of the more memorable ones were Wychwood's 'Dogs Bollocks', and 'Hobgoblin' at Halloween with its "What's the matter Lagerboy, afraid you might taste something?" slogan.

I'm not fussy really, I'm prepared to try pretty much anything and will drink whatever may take my fancy at the time. One of my more regular drinks at the moment is Disaronno (Amaretto) ...yummy.

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

I'm really more of a cider man, but by the pint, not by the 2 quid for a bottle in a park or anything. It's got a bad rep, but it's really quite fantastic. Pear Cider is absolutely amazing!

Aside from that it's Sambuca, Carlsberg/Fosters, Southern Comfort or anything someone moans at me till I try if we're drinking like usual. In foriegn bars and the suchlike though, I don't touch the usual stuff, it's all about being adventurous 8-)

logo.jpg

IPear Cider is absolutely amazing!

GTFO - its lemonade with pear drops crushed in it

On the spirits side of the conversation I feel the same way as Ragen - white rum (despite nearly making me retch) gave me the worst hangover ever, I seriously could not feel my face let alone move. Bloody stuff.

I don't like your remark about beer, oh well.

Beer all the way. Lager, ale, stout.. I love them all.

Some favorites are: Lapin Kulta, swedish Jul̮̦̉̉l (x-mas beer), Karjala, Newscastle Brown, Guinness, Staropramen, Falcon etc etc.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Ohh, depends really. The crude distinction beer/lowly and wine/higher classes is complete bollocks, of course.

Red wine, preferably a chianti, with Italian food.

White wine or ros̮̩̉̉ on a languid summer night.

A fresh beer on a hot afternoon.

A tasty fruit beer, preferably Kriek/P̮̻̉̉cheresse Lindemans, before going to bed.

I never consume alcohol in big amounts and I've never been beyond tipsy, but enjoying a good glass of wine or beer with a tasty meal, that's just part of the good life.

Beer for me, not much of a wine man.

Is there such thing? :P

Lol.

I drink beer, did drink a fair bit of bourbon, whiskey and scotch but I had a blood test and my liver isn't to happy so I'm going to stick with beer.