Ring of Wealth: Experimentation Stage

Lunar_Drifter

Show me?

search through the forums... yeah i know its a really crappy search feature for a forum because it always comes up with dumb [cabbage]. but its been done alot.

im not downing your test, im just agreeing that its been done before with hellzbellz

Okay so what were the results?

How accurate are they compared to this one?

just because i know their were threads does not mean, 1. i read them 2. recall them.

also, this isnt done, how can i compare things without the old 1's or the new list of crap? different monsters to i assume. your latest post was completely inappropriate

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like a really great idea, and if I could, I would like to be in this group. But I need to train right now, so I can't. But I can't wait for the results of this expirement. Good luck with this :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I'm happy to join up if you don't mind a forum noob tagging along, been wondering about the effect for a while and since I'm going for 99 slayer monotonous slaughter is my RS life anyway.

I'm 98 cb so I can kill fire giants if that's what you decide but what I'm curious about is essence pouches - I seem to get them much quicker without a wealth.

(oh, and hello tip.it :))

We'll probably be starting this tomorrow, and it will be going on for a week or so. If you can't finish your data set, that's fine. We'll go with what you have by the time you lose membership.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

I might participate in this experiment depending on the monster being tested. I'd like to test it on a monster that potentially yields great drops, so my time killing it is not spent in vain. :)

Some examples are fire giants, erm.. and that's all I can think of.. :-#

My combat lvl is 103 btw, and I have all the required equipment. PM me via Tip.It if you want to discuss further matters.

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

Just a little bit of a suggestion for you Lunar_Drifter, you and your group should test the drops of POPULAR monsters. It would help with the general RuneScape contingent in deciding whether they should bring a zerker ring to the fire giants or a ring of wealth to the dust devils, etc. :)

Good luck with your testing, I hope you guys pull it off! <3:

There's a flaw with that.

Let's say for example we choose fire giants. We have no idea what is a "rare" drop and what is a "common" drop.

Fire Giants drop rune scimitars, rune arrows(12), dragon medium helms, coins, gemstones, half keys, herbs, and half a dozen other items. If you kill 20 giants, it's unlikely you'll get the same drop 3 or more times.

Chaos druids are somewhat better, dropping herbs a quarter of the time. This is easiest to measure... how many herbs total did you get within say, 10,000 kills? If the amount of herbs drastically decreases, it means ring of wealth does work, and herbs are considered common. if the amount of herbs drastically increases, it means the ring of wealth works, and herbs, or at least certain variations of that drop (double herbs) are rare.

Ring of Wealth does work. I've done much testing with a few of my friends before, and it definitely works. The question isn't whether or not it works, it's whether or not you should use it.

Another monster that may or may not work well is Shadow Warriors. Their drop pool is fairly limited, and drop gemstones fairly often. Just compare the number of gems/half keys/half shields after 10,000 kills, and you should have some pretty clear evidence.

I'm up for this, assuming i can kill the monster you chose (100 combat, 72 slayer, 159 quest points). Fire giants seem like a good idea.

Edit:having killed many thousands of fire giants before, i can tell you that rune items are rare, rune scimmys are the most common of rune items, and i have never gotten a dragon med/ or left half so they can be considered very rare. Rune arrows and fire battlestaffs are semi-rare(slightly less rare than rune scim) fire runes and herbs are reasonably common drops-i always wear a row at fire giants. (Response to the post above).

I think fire giants would be the best. They have a wide range of drops, aren't too hard to kill, and I think they'll be a good test subject.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Well I have 81 Combat, and I need some more levels so i'd gladly do this.

I know its a slightly low lvl, but it should do.

Also, I'll need a whip first.. So I'll go buy one I guess.

But anyways..

Sign me up as non-RoW.

Barrow Drops: Guthan's Helm, Karil's Crossbow.

5 Pieces of the Crystal Key so far.

I would never consider meeting people irl. Not just because of risks that they could be a 40 year old man who is only interested in the bottom half of your body.

its not worth it but it DOES work, it doesnt mean if you wear it your supposed to get insane drops, thats the problem.

people wear ring of wealth expecting it to work but if someone wears a beserker ring, a good drop isnt on their mind.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

This sounds like a great project. It has only one drawback.... relying on other players.

People lie for no good reason. I wouldn't be surprised if people give incorrect feedback for whatever reason.

Hope it works out well anyway :)

I was hoping against that, but I can never know. That's why I'm trying to get my information from here for one thing, from multiple sources, and from semi-creditable people. :)

I have to go to work though, then do some homework. Then I'll be online. :)

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Well, this sounds awsome! Make a speadsheet for us to fill in, and I will record many drops, as long as the monster isin't something I feel is bad to train on...

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

I just killed 100 Harpie Bug Swarms without the Ring of Wealth and recorded every drop and the order in which they came. I manged to get a level 2 clue scroll :D

Let me know if you want the data i recorded and i'll post it here for you.

I'm slamming into the slayer assignments, and recording all the drops, if you want i can keep you posted of my progress

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel ...

Or is it just the front of an approaching train!

Do you have any idea of what you'll be doing this test on?

Would it be one monster? Or 1000 of one monster, then 1000 of one or more other monsters?

Possibly each player could do 500 Monsters with and 500 without the RoW?

Barrow Drops: Guthan's Helm, Karil's Crossbow.

5 Pieces of the Crystal Key so far.

I would never consider meeting people irl. Not just because of risks that they could be a 40 year old man who is only interested in the bottom half of your body.

This won't do anything, as no matter how badly the ROW group does, it can always be put down to luck.

I don't understand what the problem is either.. Jagex say it helps and they have no reason to lie.

Or do they?

I'm gonna record all my kills from now on for each monster. It will give me a better understanding of what creatures drop what items the most. If it happens to help others too, then all the better :P

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel ...

Or is it just the front of an approaching train!