Guns, knifes and school violence

RSBDavid

You can't really control this much except to have a better police force (the cops of today are pansies) and ban the sale of automatic guns. Why in the world would you need a AK-47? To 'protect' yourself? Bull. A semi-automatic pistol will do the same amount of damage.

Do you honestly believe that a small calibre pistol will do the same damage as an automatic weapon chambered for 7.62x39mm? Unless, of course, by that you meant getting a pistol chambered for .50AE, which, frankly, is not a weapon for self-defence, but for removing limbs. Pistols are used for self-defence partly because the majority of them don't deal as much damage as assault rifles.

And blame your constitution for giving people the right to bear arms. Some reason like fighting tyranny is what is given, I believe.

Ok, i agree that kids shouldn't be able to get guns as easily as they do now, but if someone comes into your house with the intent of killing you, are you really gonna say "Hey, can you wait till i call the cops before you doing anything to harm us, but then also wait till they come?" I doubt they will say yes. Guns are only meant to be used in self defense, although some people obviously use them for some stupid reasons, like gangs and other stuff, but i think we should have them. There will always be someone who may try to hurt you if you do/say something wrong.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really relate. My school has about 600 people in it, and it's a K-12 school (all grades), so it's pretty small. And the closest thing to school violence I've heard about in my city is that last term som "emos" went to a middle school on the other side of town wiedling knives and tried to picked fights with people. I think they stabbed some girl, but that's about it.

Cool.

You can't really control this much except to have a better police force (the cops of today are pansies) and ban the sale of automatic guns. Why in the world would you need a AK-47? To 'protect' yourself? Bull. A semi-automatic pistol will do the same amount of damage.

Do you honestly believe that a small calibre pistol will do the same damage as an automatic weapon chambered for 7.62x39mm? Unless, of course, by that you meant getting a pistol chambered for .50AE, which, frankly, is not a weapon for self-defence, but for removing limbs. Pistols are used for self-defence partly because the majority of them don't deal as much damage as assault rifles.

And blame your constitution for giving people the right to bear arms. Some reason like fighting tyranny is what is given, I believe.

Ok, i agree that kids shouldn't be able to get guns as easily as they do now, but if someone comes into your house with the intent of killing you, are you really gonna say "Hey, can you wait till i call the cops before you doing anything to harm us, but then also wait till they come?" I doubt they will say yes. Guns are only meant to be used in self defense, although some people obviously use them for some stupid reasons, like gangs and other stuff, but i think we should have them. There will always be someone who may try to hurt you if you do/say something wrong.

What the hell does that have to do with what I wrote?

It'd be realy hard to ever step up the law on anything now adays. The "anti-law" people have better weapons than the police do now adays. It's now a national issue these days it's worst than terrorism I think.

The U.S can't send police down every ally and watch everyone because it's a massive country it'd be impossible. Also those laws breakers have good weapons and high explosives...

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

What? It's GREAT how it is. I'm gonna go shoot all my teachers tomorrow.

[/extreme sarcasm]

NRA FTL! The cause of the VT shootings was this a guy who had psychological problems. Can he have a gun? Sure. It's a free country! Can I have a gun, even though I'm 5 years under age? Sure! It's a free country!

Can a 8-month old baby have a gun? HELL YEAH! IT'S A FREE COUNRTY!

C2b6gs7.png

Better parenting.

This is the smartest post on this thread. Better parenting would also get rid of the 12 year olds smoking a blunt and having sex in my woods.

The problem is the parents think they're doing good.. until they get a call from the police saying their child raped someone. The neglecting parents lead to the school shootings at the kid with the careless parent. (the one who's like "it's ok if shes out til 12, shes just with her friends and her friends are nice kids."

range: 64/80/80

mage: 61/84/82

atk: 46/77/60

str 41/82/99

elvin007.gif

Every week you hear about some school shooting/scabbing or about a kid eho brought a weapon to school. At my school last year, over 6 people were stabbed/seriously injured. I know places where i can get a .44 or a 9mm for less than 50 dollars in my hood. I think they need to step up the law about that stuff.

anyone else ae an opinion?

No matter what the law is, how its enforced, it wont stop it. it cant

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

*giggles at Kaylas nickname in the contect of this thread*

*Giggles at Matt giggling*

oh dear god its contagious...

*giggle

On a more serious note I agree with goddess, its all about better parenting. However (to be fair) sometimes the kid is just messed up in the head , and all the parenting in the world can't fix it.

However (to be fair) sometimes the kid is just messed up in the head , and all the parenting in the world can't fix it.

Yep some people can't feel remorse, makes an interesting read if anyone is bored.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Guns don't kill people.

People kill people.

"ban guns, they kill people!"

well, in that case we should ban alcohol because it causes drunk driving and food because it causes obesity. #-o

All those are caused by human error.

All this crap would happen a lot less if you brought back hanging people in the marketplace or public flogging.

The 9mm bullet is the pistol right? If so, thats all that the Gun Stores should sell. Simple weapons for self-defence.

I'm not going into the hunting subject. I'm opposed to killing animals for sport, but I've heard different things on them such as controlling their population or actually using some sort of their body.

Yea the 9mm is the pistol. Hunting is a grey area; I tend to be picky on that and would seriously like to see hunting rifles limited to single-shot bolt action rifles with standard scopes (at most) - not some of these ones which are practically used for sniper rifles.

That's at least a start.

This might sound stupid but its not guns or knives..... its mostly people. If a person is treated well like a proper human being i doubt he/she will ever stab/shot/bomb someone or something. If you look at recent school massacres the people who did it were considered ''losers'' since they didnt follow the crowd and do what the ''popular'' kids do. Take columbine as a example, the 2 kids who did it first of all were targeting the ''jocks'' or ''popular'' kids since they were the people who gave them hard times, when they couldnt find them they randomly opened fire.

If people just learned to treat eachother like human beings :thumbsup: and not fall into this whole group BULL[bleep] then life would be alot easier for all of us, there wouldnt be worrying about dress style, how you acted or what you were into and life would be alot better..... if people acted like this things like columbine or virginia tech would never have happened.

Condensed story = guns dont cause massacres, people treating others like insignificant pieces of crap #-o for their personality and style do

This might sound stupid but its not guns or knives..... its mostly people. If a person is treated well like a proper human being i doubt he/she will ever stab/shot/bomb someone or something. If you look at recent school massacres the people who did it were considered ''losers'' since they didnt follow the crowd and do what the ''popular'' kids do. Take columbine as a example, the 2 kids who did it first of all were targeting the ''jocks'' or ''popular'' kids since they were the people who gave them hard times, when they couldnt find them they randomly opened fire.

If people just learned to treat eachother like human beings :thumbsup: and not fall into this whole group BULL[bleep] then life would be alot easier for all of us, there wouldnt be worrying about dress style, how you acted or what you were into and life would be alot better..... if people acted like this things like columbine or virginia tech would never have happened.

Condensed story = guns dont cause massacres, people treating others like insignificant pieces of crap #-o for their personality and style do

Makes sense but it's the parents that have to teach the kids to treat others like human beings. If the kid's messed up in the head there are special schools for that :idea:

range: 64/80/80

mage: 61/84/82

atk: 46/77/60

str 41/82/99

elvin007.gif

Makes sense but it's the parents that have to teach the kids to treat others like human beings. If the kid's messed up in the head there are special schools for that :idea:

Ye i was just using that as a common day example, theres not many special kids in a average school

The 9mm bullet is the pistol right? If so, thats all that the Gun Stores should sell. Simple weapons for self-defence.

I'm not going into the hunting subject. I'm opposed to killing animals for sport, but I've heard different things on them such as controlling their population or actually using some sort of their body.

Yea the 9mm is the pistol. Hunting is a grey area; I tend to be picky on that and would seriously like to see hunting rifles limited to single-shot bolt action rifles with standard scopes (at most) - not some of these ones which are practically used for sniper rifles.

That's at least a start.

my single shot pump action 30-06 with a 3-9x scope(pretty "standard" as scopes go) that i use for deer hunting would easily make a good sniper rifle with proper training. however, i have it sighted in for about 100 yards as that's the farthest shot i'll probably ever get on a deer.

people who live elsewhere who hunt antelope, elk and larger game sometimes don't ever get a shot UNDER 300 yards.

so your idea won't work very well.

i hunt, sport shoot, and own several rifles, shotguns, and pistols, and yet i've never gone and shot someone up, thought about killing someone, or even so much as pointed a real gun at someone(i do play arsoft though), loaded or unloaded.

why is it that so many people can live with guns and not use them for harming other humans, while a few people feel the need to kill people?

it's not as simple as some people make it out to be. parents, the environment you live in, the school you go to, who you choose as your friends, previous experience with guns, and mental health are probably the biggest contributors to gun violence or injury. taking away one of these variables might reduce crime by a very small fraction, but it will hardly eliminate gun violence entirely.

this is why extensive background checks(the ones they do now don't cover nearly enough) should be required for all gun purchases, and don't give me any of this liberal "right to privacy" bs. you can't have privacy and safety at the same time. it's impossible.

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

Guns don't kill people.

People kill people.

Guns don't kill people. Massive blood loss, heart and organ failure, and/or brain damage kills people. Oh yea, and the fact that some deranged psycho is the one aiming. That contributes.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Guns don't kill people.

People kill people.

well, in that case we should ban alcohol because it causes drunk driving and food because it causes obesity. #-o

The relative frequency of alcohol causing drunk driving is much lower than guns causing injury. The purpose of alcohol is not to cause drunk driving, but the purpose of guns is to cause injury. That is why guns should be restricted but alcohol should not.

Food is irrelevant because food and obesity only harm yourself, not others.

wwidas6.jpg

Guns don't kill people.

People kill people.

The relative frequency of alcohol causing drunk driving is much lower than guns causing injury. The purpose of alcohol is not to cause drunk driving, but the purpose of guns is to cause injury. That is why guns should be restricted but alcohol should not.

Food is irrelevant because food and obesity only harm yourself, not others.

obviously, that post was a joke.

and i would really like to see a complete report of the study you did comparing the injuries due to drunk driving and the injuries due to firearms before i take your words to be the complete truth.

i highly doubt that guns cause more human injury than alchohol does. in my 20 years on this earth i've been around guns and alchohol a LOT because they both run in my family, and i've known several people personally who were injured/killed by drunk drivers and only ONE injury with a firearm. my uncle was crossing a fence while rabbit hunting and his gun accidentally went off, clipping the end of his thumb.

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg