Dragon longsword. Bad rep from Dragon scimitar?

Animaslayer

Now i bet everyone knows if u ask someone whats better d long or d scimmy they will more than likely say d scimmy. why?

now thats what i do not get for a few miliseconds slow d long hits more and is a better all rounder

with 92 stre i can usually hit 25 with d scim no pray with d long it must be around 28

with my prayer and my stre boosting stuff its a whopping 37+ (oh yes and special)

but overall its a much better weapon

why do ohter people give you stick about it when a high level player uses it? its a mighty fine weapon

why dont you use it (if you dont)

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dlong does get a bad rep. I remember pking a while back, my friend needed to use my scimmy, so I let him have it and I was left with my dlong. All the pkers were laughing at me and calling me noob for using a dlong. At one point during that trip I had a crowd of people bashing me for using a dlong. Then when I would bust out high specs and damage they soon shut their mouths...... The dlong has great potential. Forget exactly, but around the same stats as the scim(dont quote me on that, im not 100% sure) and you have 4 specs that have the ability to hit very high. The dlong is a very good weapon, and its speed is not that much slower, barely even a second longer....

squirrel.jpg

~HOORAY FOR BEING MUTED!~

personally i think the d long looks better an extra 5 stre bonus and liek 0.50 seconds slower -.-

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

I've always thought D scimitar looks ugly as hell and D long looks awesome.

I used D long all the time, because there was no Monkey Madness and therefor no d scim either, until I changed to whip. When I sold whip I bought dragon scimitar so I don't really know now what is better...

I planned to use d long on my current main when I get members to train on controlled from 60 60 60 to 70 70 70 and use whip to 80 80 80, but now I've had some thoughts about if I should use d long for longer just for old times sake. I loved it when dragon long was simply the best weapon in game and dds for swift ko's training in legends guild shadow warriors hoping of fast riches from left half drop :XD: But anyways I'll only use scimitar if I decide to get strength ::'

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

I've always thought D scimitar looks ugly as hell and D long looks awesome.

I used D long all the time, because there was no Monkey Madness and therefor no d scim either, until I changed to whip. When I sold whip I bought dragon scimitar so I don't really know now what is better...

I planned to use d long on my current main when I get members to train on controlled from 60 60 60 to 70 70 70 and use whip to 80 80 80, but now I've had some thoughts about if I should use d long for longer just for old times sake. I loved it when dragon long was simply the best weapon in game and dds for swift ko's training in legends guild shadow warriors hoping of fast riches from left half drop :XD: But anyways I'll only use scimitar if I decide to get strength ::'

personally i agree with you i think ive decided to giv up a bit on scimmy and use d long as "main weapon"

Animaslayer.png

Special really doesn't matter between those weapons because 90% of everyone who uses dragon\whip as a primary weapon use dds as a secondary because of its devastating special. I like to use D scimitar though, the special is amazing in castle wars, before they notice their prayer is off I ko' them.

:wink:

Scimitar also has the best ratio to speed and power, thats why f2p a rune scimitar is used commonly.

randomkcopyq.png

I train controlled also, and I never go out without my d long.

If I was a pker, I might feel differently. But for m̮̻̉̉l̮̩̉̉e, the d long is my weapon of choice.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

It is underrated, if you havent done monkey madness its a decent way to train strength. The spec is also quite good. But if you have a d scimmy then it outclasses the dragon long due to it's speed.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

Back from when there was no Dragon scimitar I believe dragon long wasn't even used for training by a lot of people instead they opted for a mystic battle staff. Of course against "Stronger" monsters dragon long was better but there wasn't really a wide range of monsters like we had today, slayer wasn't even around back then so most people used battle staves and killed things such as earth warriors. Then when dragon scimitar did come out (Note: NOT with monkey madness, it infact came out quite a bit later) it became the most used weapon due to it being a lot quicker for training than both Dragon long and Mystic battle staves.

Dragon scimitar is better than dragon long in most cases where you're training and of course abyssal whip outclasses the dragon scimitar.

THe d long is a good allround weapon. both stab and slash attack. and a nice special. It seems to be an ideal quest weapon.

I like the speed of the scimitar. Nothing frustrates me more than hitting a 0 and with fast speed you can quickly hit again.

phata_elise.png

When you think about it they are pretty equal. The Dragon Longsword's special makes up for it's slight slower speed than the Scimitar.

It became the most used weapon due to it being a lot quicker for training than both Dragon long and Mystic battle staves.

Are we talking about mystic staffs before slayer? Because I don't remember mystic staffs being a training weapon before dragon scimitars. The only training weapon I knew was the dragon longsword, after that the whip was, which were very expensive then.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Speed is fairly overrated at times.

By the way, any godsword, especially Armadyl, has much more damage capacity a minute than scimitar, as well as much more knockout ability.

I think scimitar might do more damage per minute than a d long though.

Everything the Dragon Long can do, something else can do better.

Dragon Mace special > Dragon Long special

Dragon Battle Axe damage > Dragon Long damage

Dragon Scimitar speed > Dragon Long speed

The Dragon Long is an all-rounder, not the best at any one thing but still good at all aspects.

It is still very underrated =/

Animaslayer.png

I actually prefer the dlong for strength training over the scimmy. Heres why:

-It looks cooler. Way cooler.

-About the same exp, but with a decent spec.

-I max 22 with a whip, 20-22ish with d scimmy, 21 with dlong. With the dlong spec, I can max at 27. What can I say, I love seeing decent hits..

-The dlong is 8k cheaper and the store that sells it is easier to access. Thats right, I buy training gear from stores(If possible), not from players. The extra loss is worth that speed that I gain, especially when I have limited time to play RS, due to me having a life. ::'

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

I like the d long just because almost nobody uses it, but I don't think it's as good as the d scimmy. Another guy and I, who were of similar levels, did a little test on Moss Giants. First he used scimmy and I used long. Then he used long, and I used scimmy. Scimmy killed faster both ways, but it was close. Long hit a little harder, but, in the end, scimmy's speed won out. Of course, I sold both shortly after getting a whip. I just never found a reason to use either one when I could use a whip instead.

punitivedsig.png

I actually prefer the dlong for strength training over the scimmy. Heres why:

-It looks cooler. Way cooler.

-About the same exp, but with a decent spec.

-I max 22 with a whip, 20-22ish with d scimmy, 21 with dlong. With the dlong spec, I can max at 27. What can I say, I love seeing decent hits..

-The dlong is 8k cheaper and the store that sells it is easier to access. Thats right, I buy training gear from stores(If possible), not from players. The extra loss is worth that speed that I gain, especially when I have limited time to play RS, due to me having a life. ::'

100% agree it looks more crisp and realistic

Animaslayer.png