Skill burnout?

time2quit

Skill burnout, you know, do something way to much (maybe you liked it alot), then you can't stand it? Well this just happened to me, rcing, just before the ZMI alter, I now needless to say cannont stand it! Which is a shame..

Being on the cusp of falling out of the top 4,000 runecrafters (which id worked hard to get into :P )made me wonder.. Just how many people out there have found themselves in my situation, completly burned out a skill they used to love, and now loath?

Humerious storys would be good :) As would help to make people get back to there skills to!

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I RC'd 10k ess in F2P which is very hard if you can't train a skill longer than 5 minutes like normally. I never liked rc anymore. I made my f2p skiller rc-free.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

happened to me with mining.

mined all the way to 99, now i try to mine for 10 mins and im about to die, lol

How long did that take you btw?

Solo GWD'er

Happened with me and RC... Worked quite hard all the way to 99 and now I've hit it I just can't bare to do more than 10 mins RCing >_>.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Skill burnout, you know, do something way to much (maybe you liked it alot), then you can't stand it?...

This is kinda OT, but you need to remember that Runescape is a game that,

compared to some other MMORPGs, is heavy on grind and light on content.

Jagex has tried to adjust skills somewhat in the last few years but if you can't

stand the (almost pointless) grinding then maybe you should try WoW or EQ.

Runecrafting...Did over 50k rune ess without doing anything else in-game before I was done. #-o

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

This is when no-lifing leads serious consequences. I try my best not to sacrifice my life for this game for that very reason: When I burnout on a skill, I just say "why am I doing this when I could be having fun elsewhere?"

You can play 10 hours a day, but once you sacrifice something too important, you feel that training is not worth it anymore, it's not a fun feeling. <.<

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Firemaking...120k willow logs -.- i though i was going to die, but i fire make every now and then to go up like 200 ranks.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Fletching. Enough said.

Level 95 for over a year and counting.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

i do it all the time, its like pc u love it and hate it, takes so long to get the points, but the reward is sweet, yessir it is, i used to be addicted to it, 3 months of nonstop pc, that ship sailed, never ever doing pc again even if some1 gave me 5m to do 1 game

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

This is when no-lifing leads serious consequences. I try my best not to sacrifice my life for this game for that very reason: When I burnout on a skill, I just say "why am I doing this when I could be having fun elsewhere?"

You can play 10 hours a day, but once you sacrifice something too important, you feel that training is not worth it anymore, it's not a fun feeling. <.<

Based on most o the replys so far, and my own personal experience it tends to be rcing that were dealing with.

It was for me, my money maker, i ran all my own nats and ended up at level 81, yay.. Or not after doing several runs of 30k nats etc i've burned it out, i used to enjoy it, and the money to; now i don't. Mainly after doing 50k nats in a week and a half. I dont no life either, so to get the time to do 50 was hard...

Dont get me wrong i do like runescape, and like another guy said i dont want to go to WoW, its just i wanted all your guys opinions on it :) Just to reasure myself that it wasnt just me!

Am a lil guttted now though relising that i will never hit 91 rcing, but oh well i have other goals now...

Solo GWD'er

Magic, definitely.

Now Fullmetal Alchemist is the only kind of Alchemy I can stand.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I used to love woodcutting. Got it to 70, then it just kinda got boring. I think the best part was cutting willows and thinking about how awesome it would be to cut yews

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png