Somnambulism (Sleep Walking)

Ichimaru

I'm getting my first experience of somnambulism tonight. My mother is having a sleepwalking episode, first time it happens of my knowledge. It was probably triggered when I came walking into her room with my electric toothbrush, she was asleep on the TV, must have woke her up in a phase of sleep. I can tell right away by the symptoms she is having. She sounds asleep, but moving around like she was awake.

She just went to the toilet, and closed the lights in her room, and went to sleep. Not bad for someone who is asleep. I know she isn't just sleepy or something, because I pounced her in her bed, and she stills acts weird, as if she was asleep. I asked her if she was awake, she answered "No, why? Should I be awake?".

I'll try to stay awake longer, to make sure she doesn't sleepwalk out of the house and hurts herself, or god forfid, drives the car asleep.

haha i used to sleep walk so much, ive even slept walk out the back door a few times and once into the shower and then other times just to random parts of my house.

If she gets out the door and into the car turns it on, well i dont see how she could do that without waking up but i guess it is possible but yeah just make sure she doesnt hurt herself :)

Also ive heard its in some cases bad to wake someone who is sleep walking, anyone shed some light on that?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Yeah it happens to my boyfriend practically every night, I kid you not.

While we lay asleep I wake up to him talking to me normally and having a conversation with me sometimes, with his eyes wide open, as intelligent as anything but still sleeping.

He sleep walks and other things we won't go in to detail...

But I NEVER know if he is awake or asleep!

I even ask him sometimes if he is awake and he laughs and says "Of course I am" then in the morning won't recall anything we've talked about because he was really asleep.

Do some research, some people actually drive during sleepwalking episodes.

My boyfriend has driven 2 hours from work after pulling a 15 hour evening/night shift with no memory recall of the last hour driving home and climbing in to bed :ohnoes:

---

The scariest thing I've seen is my little brother sleep walk, all the way downstairs, pulled out a chair, stood on it and unlocked the door, proceeding to walk outside :ohnoes:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I used to sleepwalk alot when I was 8. I would wake up in different rooms and even one time I woke up on the patio in a chair swing. I even used to pee in the trash can instead of the toilet when I was sleepwalking. It was weird.

111-1.jpg

I sleepwalked out of a hotel room (which was locked and chained), wandered through the hotel, and was getting ready to go to the bathroom in the hotel pool when my dad caught me. No joke. That was the only time it's ever happened to me, too.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

My boyfriend has driven 2 hours from work after pulling a 15 hour evening/night shift with no memory recall of the last hour driving home and climbing in to bed :ohnoes:

---

The scariest thing I've seen is my little brother sleep walk, all the way downstairs, pulled out a chair, stood on it and unlocked the door, proceeding to walk outside :ohnoes:

Ive heard a story about someone who killed his wife while he was asleep and he blamed the Sleep Walking for it :| I believe he did get sentenced though.

I do sleepwalk, sometimes I get dressed in the middle of the night, grab my schoolbag and go downstairs. Or I go to my parents room and say stuff, and go to bed again #-o

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

Yeah I've slept walked before. Generally it only occurred when I was younger, but I still do it occasionally (as in I'll sleep walk to the toilet and not really/vaguely remember doing it in the morning).

Though I've done things like sleep walk on holidays and walk outside our villa at night and get locked outside. I had to go and get another swipe card from reception to get in. :oops:

I don't. My friend in primary school did, and at a sleepover she got out of bed and started throwing all her shoes at me shouting "NO, YOU GO AWAY CHRIS". Who the hell is Chris.

Ahaha! Made me laugh..

Anyway, I used to sleepwalk a lot. Not very far, but I did it a lot. Sometimes it was a bit embarasing when I actually woke up and found out what I did, because, like one time we had an allnighter party at my house, and I was 8 or something, and wasn't aloud to stay up for all of it. And later I found out I walked out in front of everyone in my boxers.. Also, one time we had this African-American lady staying with us. She was pretty awesome. And I sleepwalked when she was around. It's always embarassing when it's people outside of your family.. But I don't do it anymore I don't think.

Oh, and hellbellz comment made me think of another time. I randomly got up in my sleep, took off my boxers and got back in bed. Woke up neked. ;) I actually remember doing it, vaguely, but I know I wans't awake.

Cool.

My sister used to sleepwalk...

Turning on all the light, and giving shoes to the dog...

Most of the times it's funny, but I've heard people waking up on their roof :uhh:

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I slept over my cousin's house one night. I slept right next to her bed. She sleptwalked that night and when she got out of her bed she trampled right on my stomach... ooof -.-

I talk in my sleep, but don't seepwalk.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

When I was younger I sleep walked, I would freak my parents out by just walking out of my room in the middle of the night and once I even sleep walked off my bunk bed onto the floor below, wasnt fun.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Never try to wake a person who is sleepwalking. It's known that they don't respond.. 'well' to it. :|

I sleepwalk at rare occasions. I only generally get out of my bed and walk into other bedrooms to continue sleeping, or go downstairs to get a drink. People don't generally notice it since they're normally asleep too. :P

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I used to get up in the middel of the night to have a snack, sometimes I watched movies. Kinda pointless seeing as I never actualy woke up for this. Sometimes I wouldnt go back to bed. Now I actualy wake up when im hungry. And no, im not fat, im very far from it.

Alright, last night I slept under a sheet and a blanket. The sheet was on the bottom.

I woke up in the middle of the night, and could not find the sheet. I thought that it had fallen of the bed or something, but I looked all around the edges of my bed and could not find it. At this point I was massively confused.

I then decided that I might as well go to the bathroom while I'm up... and as I get to my bedroom door, I step on the sheet, which has been thrown in a pile on the floor a good few meters from my bed. I have no idea at all how it got there. Sleepwalking is a possibility I guess?

Yeah it happens to my boyfriend practically every night, I kid you not.

While we lay asleep I wake up to him talking to me normally and having a conversation with me sometimes, with his eyes wide open, as intelligent as anything but still sleeping.

He sleep walks and other things we won't go in to detail...

But I NEVER know if he is awake or asleep!

I even ask him sometimes if he is awake and he laughs and says "Of course I am" then in the morning won't recall anything we've talked about because he was really asleep.

---

Just because he doesn't remember it doesn't mean he wasn't awake. His mind was probably awake, and running on what he knew how to do, but the memory part of his brain was off. I'm not an expert on this, but he probably was aware of what he was doing, his body just didn't make an effort to remember any of it.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!