RuneScape Customer Support - Has it improved?

The Observer

I am very proud to announce that RuneScape Customer Support has worked greatly for me. All of the queries I have sent in have received very quick responses from JAGeX staff members. In fact, 5 queries in a row were answered personally and quickly.

Now, I ask if you have had the same experience.

EDIT: I would like to add that I'm a free player.

j0xPu5R.png

I sent them a message telling them about some gold selling/keylogging sites that they should know about so they'd do something about them.

They replied 2 months later with an automated message telling me about all the benefits you get when you become a member. <.<

So I re-sent the same message on a members account and got the exact same automated message again! :-s

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I have sent in several messages regarding my ban appeal on another account, and they have responded pretty quickly. Only problem is they have all been automated responses, the same ones at that. They don't seem to take seriously the fact that I am trying to get back one of my characters that I spent a lot of time on. I would rather wait a few weeks for a real response than 10 automated responses saying the same thing

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I've only ever used it once to report a bad ad, and I got a response in a week to inform me that the ad had successfully been removed, thanking me for my efforts. In my opinion, as long as both the user and and receiver are on the same wavelength (ie don't use 1337 speak or use things like WTF or OMG) you will most likely get a friendly and personal response.

And palas1, what was the question you sent?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I have sent in several messages regarding my ban appeal on another account, and they have responded pretty quickly. Only problem is they have all been automated responses, the same ones at that. They don't seem to take seriously the fact that I am trying to get back one of my characters that I spent a lot of time on. I would rather wait a few weeks for a real response than 10 automated responses saying the same thing

Exactly the same with me when i appealed, the reports on me went through within 4 hours, the ban appeal took about 6 days and i got a automated response for both of them.

I'm just glad i got a second chance and that i shan't make a slip of tong sentence again.

apart from that my Bug report (where i was personally stuck inside graphics i) was hand written and helpful where a mod was sent out to sort the issue. I've only ever got 2 other automated responses since. A LOT better CS then other mmorpg or even mobile networks i have had to deal with i must say.

EDIT: CS has, and hasn't improved it's become a lot more impersonal at times but is allot more effective then 3-4 years ago.)

2hwcu83.jpg

Exactly the same with me when i appealed, the reports on me went through within 4 hours, the ban appeal took about 6 days and i got a automated response for both of them.

I'm just glad i got a second chance and that i shan't make a slip of tong sentence again.

apart from that my Bug report (where i was personally stuck inside graphics i) was hand written and helpful where a mod was sent out to sort the issue. I've only ever got 2 other automated responses since. A LOT better CS then other mmorpg or even mobile networks i have had to deal with i must say.

EDIT: CS has, and hasn't improved it's become a lot more impersonal at times but is allot more effective then 3-4 years ago.)

Yea, well my two last chance ban appeals took several months to go through, and guess what I got in response to my LAST CHANCE BAN APPEAL? AUTOMATED RESPONSES!! When I tried to send the messages in from my other f2p account, they mentioned something about how they improved their ban appeal system. I'm glad they improved it AFTER they banned my accounts forever, and aren't giving me a fair chance..

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Yea, well my two last chance ban appeals took several months to go through, and guess what I got in response to my LAST CHANCE BAN APPEAL? AUTOMATED RESPONSES!! When I tried to send the messages in from my other f2p account, they mentioned something about how they improved their ban appeal system. I'm glad they improved it AFTER they banned my accounts forever, and aren't giving me a fair chance..

that's a sorry state of affairs, looking at that it makes me feel even luckier even if my predicament is not to my liking by far.

i went from 0 marks to over 10 in a matter of hours from a player walking in on a conversation, misinterpreting what i had said mid-sentence and Jagex not taking the whole picture to what had been said. I've now been denied any further appeal on any further attained black marks, if i even pick up 0.1 marks i will be banned once again. It does give me little faith in the way perm bans are treated seeing as Jagex had previously given such personal time to help me out. The same little niggle i have is that the same CS staff member responded to both my appeals with the same message, it doesn't bode well i guess.

anyway i doubt i should have driven so far from the road with this post so

:boohoo:

onwards.

2hwcu83.jpg

Yes it has...

I get responses in less than 24 hours now. It used to take days.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Iv sent in at least a dozen appeals for another account, (I provided password information to it) from my main, as, his appeal was sent in before new ban system, and accepted after, thus, 'last chance appeal' was accepted, but, I was never unbanned. I had one say they would look into, at least 3 say they cant deal with other accounts (Saying to send messages in on that account, but, for some reason its been blocked, and Iv never contacted customer support on it <.< ), two automated saying they are too busy, and one threatened to block my messages. :ohnoes: Still banned is my account.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Wow they are finally stepping up. :)

Almost every time I've sent them a message, It took forever, And sometimes it took days and days for an auto response.

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

Definitely has, don't know why everyone is complaining.

9/10 of my messages have been replied personally.

5/10 - within 1 day.

3/10 - within few hours/minutes.

For example, today I got a reply in 39 mins ;) (turns out you can get gravedigger Leo by fighting too, not only burying bones)

Profins.png

specty.png

About 1 month ago I sent a query concerning the in-game lunar spellbook group teleports features. 3 days later, they replied me on how I should keep my account more secure. Erm.. :boohoo:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

It's certainly improved. A year ago it would have taken them a week to auto-reply to me. Nowadays it takes about a day for them to give a personalised response.

That's not to say it isn't perfect, they still say the most random of things sometimes (I sent in a query on a noob account that was banned and they auto replied suggesting I become a member to experience a better CS service :?).

But yeah, a lot better... A heck of a lot better...

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

The customer support surprised me a few months ago, as I got a personal answer in less than 15 minutes. The next query was answered in less than 5 minutes, non-automated. And yes, the replies were satisfying :)

Though a year ago, when I asked the same questions as in the scenario above, I got an automated reply that didn't answer my questions :wall:

Maybe they changed the monkeys in their office with penguins #-o