Tip.it Times Presents: Reasons to hate Jagex!

MPM

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really understand why everyone dislikes this shop update. I heard the battle stave crafters whining about it, and I don't know ANYTHING about that, but if it's just for the experience, get over it. I'm ftp, and my experience is hard leather bodies, so if they're whining about the experience, get over it. If they did it to make money, once again; get over it. You're a member; there are a million and one more ways to make money. I think the shop update was a good idea, and I think that Jagex really DOES care about the people and the game, not just money.

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0

Maybe it's just me, but every editorial on Tip.It of late seems to be devoted to kissing up to and defending Jagex. Not only that, but often going so far as to belittle those who criticize the company. This one isn't as bad as the previous one, but on the whole, the trend is disturbing.

It really makes the site seem like it is both unsympathetic to valid complaints, and lacking in objectivity/independence.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

very nice text

there will always be some negative effects of a big update like the shops...

example

negative:

i m an f2p player and was thinking about training my runecrafting by making airs.

selling airs 15 ea was hard already.

Now most players dont mind spending 2gp/air rune more.

so no rc anymore for me.

positive

easy to buy lots of stuff very fast.

as a rather rich player i prefer buying stuff from the shop then looking on the players market.

if i need any kind of elemental rune (air, water, fire, earth) i just go to the shop and buy them...

saves me lots of time...

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

Maybe it's just me, but every editorial on Tip.It of late seems to be devoted to kissing up to and defending Jagex. Not only that, but often going so far as to belittle those who criticize the company. This one isn't as bad as the previous one, but on the whole, the trend is disturbing.

It really makes the site seem like it is both unsympathetic to valid complaints, and lacking in objectivity/independence.

There are very few articles in regard to Jagex. Why would you want Tip.It to be full of complaints?

Also, I enjoyed this article, as the others I have aswell.

<3: O'Ducky (Close To 80th Post!)

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

Very good article, i dont hate jagex one bit, they are TRYING there best to get rid of the bots, but what ever they do someone will disagree with the way they do things.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

There are very few articles in regard to Jagex. Why would you want Tip.It to be full of complaints?

I don't want to see it "full of complaints", but the opposite isn't good either. Nothing is improved by saying "yay, great job!" -- especially when it isn't true.

Granted that not all complaints are valid, but many are. I think a fan site should be independent and objective, and two consecutive editorials defending Jagex strikes me as odd.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

How about instead of making it harder for us, they just go around rs in every world banning ALL the bots.

There are many other things they could do too. They would require substantial effort and MONEY, though.

But hey, people are satisfied to say "there there poor Jagex, everyone's always picking on you for no reason" -- so why should they bother?

signew2.png

The important fact to remember is:

This game as 1 million paying members all with forum access; 1 MILLION!

Out of this it is only a tiny faction who we see complain although the complainers always try to do their best at speaking louder than any other group. You can probably see the same in nearly every company, they are always going to be seen as stupid awful companies that can't do their job.... as there will always be a small community of people trying to make us think that.

Having said that with 1million players it is impossible to please everybody..... it's just not going to happen and what is an update without rants?..... I don't think it's ever happened has it?

Sure there was the odd bit of the shop update that I did not like, such as battle staffs but it is upto every player to take a step back and look at the wider view! if it is not the pure essence update (:P) the wider view is always better.

In summary... we are idiots if we don't expect a noticeable level of rants about any change from Jagex. it is upto us to look why people complain and to create our own informed opinion about a situation and not just take who's ever we read first.

sig2webzx7.jpg

How about instead of making it harder for us, they just go around rs in every world banning ALL the bots.

There are many other things they could do too. They would require substantial effort and MONEY, though.

But hey, people are satisfied to say "there there poor Jagex, everyone's always picking on you for no reason" -- so why should they bother?

Yes, for example, they should spend extensive time researching other MMORPGs to learn their methods of anti-bot programming and then apply those methods to their own game.

td2sig.jpg

i personally enjoy the shop update. if i bought my eye of newts in port sarim i'd always see a bot in there buying out deaths. i'd always report it. there are a few things that i have worked around, but i guess i should consider myself grateful that i didn't depend on all of my income coming from the shops. the author mentions battlestaffs...ever since the update i gained a few crafting lvls. for me personally i find it easier to get battlestaffs now....of course i do understand that lvl 3 varrock armour helps. now i get 64 battlestaffs a day all for 7k ea...and have another shop that stock 20 at a time. that was so much better than only two shops that stocked 5 battlestaff each. even days after the update jagex was fixing and adjusting prices (such as the chocolate bombs for 160.) to say they are not paying attention to YOU and your water vial or feather business, etc. because you are a paying customer is a bit naive and selfish. i do believe jagex is paying attention to the community as a whole and the game they have developed while trying to address a problem that has been persisting for some time.

this game will always have new updates. some you wil enjoy. some you won't. either you roll with the punches and make it work for you or you will be left behind in the dust posting on the rants forums your reasons to hate jagex.

all in all i thought this was a very good article

rssig2.png