Tip.it Times Presents: Reasons to hate Jagex!

MPM

A good read. A very well thought out article raising some very key issues about layers attitudes.

Good work and i agree with all of what was said ::'

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Jagex makes a perfect update,some people will rant about nothing to rant about...

^Dont remember who said that ::'

Am i the only one who likes all updates? :-k

And Jagex are trying to get rid of bots...Its just too many bots at once. At least we dont see them in shops anymore.

Also, i tried farming once and my potatoes died, put me off forever.

The guy who wrote that thinks jagex loves us because they dont mind losing memberships?

Huh?

If they didnt try to stamp out bots then there would be 10 bots for every player. Who would play the game then? How many memberships would they lose then?

Hmm.. :-s Yes they care but its always been about the money. Jagex is a business and they are looking out for their best interest which is partially in our interest but mainly in kids aged 5-13.

Despite the fact members PAY to voice their opinion.. most of the people who complain actually care ALOT more than those who dont complain. Take a look at official rant threads with 20 long page introductions. ::' ..Obviously they care or they wouldnt voice their concern. Respect to them and boo to jagex for not listening. Some of those people literally spend years trying to improve or fix the game and all other players do is bash them and suck on jagex.

Btw I love the shop update. ..I could find a few other things as a paying customer to complain about though lol.

It's a great article that does look at the wider picture from Jagex's perspective, and for that, I commend the author. However, I'm also going to have to accuse you of not looking at the wider picture for players.

I think you've generalised a bit too much here. Jagex didn't make a stand against "bots" with the shop update. They took a stance against bots who specifically buy goods from a store. That shop update hasn't done anything about the flax pickers, the dragon bone collectors, and yew/willow tree cutters, and the lobbie catchers which simply bank their goods, and then drop onto a main account.

I think we have to be a tiny bit realistic aboit the whole bot problem. Yes, the levels of bot activity on RS are shockingly high. However, people seem to have gotten on this mass crusade to wipe out bots from the game altogether, and I'm sorry but that's just idealistic. WoW is hit by macroers too, and they've taken a much different approach - one which I think Jagex could draw inspiration from.

Cheating in one form of another will always exist, so long as there are people willing to use bots, and buy (using real world cash or RS gold) from bot users (inadvertently or not).

Aside from that point though, a very good article. Congrats! :D

Good article =D>. The people who whine, that i've noticed, are the people who usually don't try to help jagex come up with ideas. I know the shop update was infact somebodys sugestion (because I remember suporting it) I have come up with numorous segestions to stop autoers myself, from puting level requirements on trees and fish, to puting higher lvl monsters around everywhere in f2p, to increasing random events accourding to your lvl on a skill. I applaud jagex. Keep it up.

I don't really understand why everyone dislikes this shop update. I heard the battle stave crafters whining about it, and I don't know ANYTHING about that, but if it's just for the experience, get over it. I'm ftp, and my experience is hard leather bodies, so if they're whining about the experience, get over it. If they did it to make money, once again; get over it. You're a member; there are a million and one more ways to make money. I think the shop update was a good idea, and I think that Jagex really DOES care about the people and the game, not just money.

We pay $5 a month to craft better things

I don't really understand why everyone dislikes this shop update. I heard the battle stave crafters whining about it, and I don't know ANYTHING about that, but if it's just for the experience, get over it. I'm ftp, and my experience is hard leather bodies, so if they're whining about the experience, get over it. If they did it to make money, once again; get over it. You're a member; there are a million and one more ways to make money. I think the shop update was a good idea, and I think that Jagex really DOES care about the people and the game, not just money.

We pay $5 a month to craft better things

that's why you paid for membership? to make battlestaffs?

well...they are still in the game...and there is an opportunity to gain a lot more then before. all you have to do is a quest and complete the varrocks diary...but then again...that's not why you paid for membership is it?

rssig2.png

Yes, for example, they should spend extensive time researching other MMORPGs to learn their methods of anti-bot programming and then apply those methods to their own game.

Oh really? Most other MMORPGs don't bother with their bots, or even get bots. They mostly get gold farmers, which is also what Jagex has to deal with. And gold farmers are hardest to deal with for several reasons.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

WoW is hit by macroers too, and they've taken a much different approach - one which I think Jagex could draw inspiration from.

What exactly is this method? Sorry, but I don't pay attention to WoW (or MMOs in general) a terrible lot.

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

I'm glad so many people liked the article, especially considering how long I rambled on. (And thanks to the TipIt crew for the nice introduction!)

I don't believe for a moment that the shop update was the end of the bot-war, or even one of the most important battles. I'm just kinda impressed that it got done.

The Pest Control update was remarkable for the same reasons. That's the update where they installed shields on the portals, added a new set of exciting rewards, and... oh, they took the XP rate down a long way. We know full well that it wasn't a universally popular move.

On the other hand, PC was causing complaints before the update, with people claiming that it was now easier to get high combat stats than before, leading to people reaching 126 who'd not played for long. Apparently someone at Jagex decided to nerf it in the interests of keeping the game challenging, regardless of the obvious complaints it'd cause.

On a separate point, I didn't see this as a completely pro-Jagex article. The decisions and responses coming out of Jagex aren't 100% perfect - and no-one seriously expects them to be - but there are Right and Wrong reasons to criticise Jagex, and I'd rather see people keep to the Right reasons.

Other games have their own ways of dealing with macroers. Perhaps the key is to design the game from the beginning in such a way that macroers can't have too great an impact on proper players. It might be possible, and if Jagex ever releases another game - their corporate website's mentioned in previous years that they've thought of this - we'll see what they learnt from their years of running RuneScape. But how big a change can they make to the existing game without losing too much? (This might make an interesting article for someone else to write!)

The only update i didn't like was the ditch of stupidity. I mean luring was part of runescape, now it's illigal. The shop update has its ups and downs, and it seems jagex usually cleans up problems pretty fast, i mean rock crabs drop noted seaweed so thats not a problem. I'm sure bstaffs will be fixed sooner or later.

barrowsmcw,gothicsk8er0.gif

gothicsk8er0.gif

Here's my opinion about the recents changes that JAGeX did to their most famous game:

First, I'll like to clarify one point. I quit RuneScape on april 22nd 2006. (But I'm still addicting to tip.it Time's!)I may be wrong, but I'm 99% sure that I'm not. That's why I am posting my opinion here. Thanks, in advance, to read me, I'm sure you'll enjoy my view.

I think that JAGeX is trying to lower the overall price of every items.

Even in the player-to-player trade.

They added the animation when you string (u)bow. That's slow down the fletching process.. With it, less player will fletch: less player will buy string/logs. Which will result in a drop of the price of logs and strings.

Giving infinit ressources at shop will lead to two things:

Player-buyer are buying from shop, Player-seller will sell at a lower price.

Shops are making more money, which means that more money is getting out of RuneScape.

Overall "money" in RuneScape will drop drasticly. Which will contrate one of the hidden-goal of JAGeX, create a drop in the prices of rares.

I think they doesn't realised the impact that it would, eventually, had on the economy of their hole game, when they released them.

Finally, they stopped a lot of money-making techniques (i.e.: Runecrafting, they created Pure ess, which worth a lot more than reg ess.)

I think they are also trying to reduce the money-making ways. This would lead into a raise of price on the Black-Market of gps (Real-Life market) (This because of the new difficultys occured by all the recents updates to raise wealth) With this raise, player would be less tempted to buy them. You may say: "Yes, but if in-game prices drop and real-life gps price raise, it won't impact on autoers-sellers"

JAGeX is releasing new hyper-rare armor (i.e.: 3rd age): As The Editor already noticed (I think it's him, but i'm not sure, otherway, credits goes to the one that does it) more new-members subscribes than 3rd age armor comes into the game. Which leads into a raise in the price of this type of armor.

If people are more and more intersted in those kind of items, they won't want to pay the newly price of real-life gps to get those armors, they may prefer to work in-game for it beside than outside of it.

It's sure that on short-term everyone's complaining about the lose of the easiness of the game, but it's sure that in the long run, everyone will be pleased of those changes.

I've seen lots of players complaining about the fact that RuneScape's community getting younger and younger. Immature player are more likely to quit playing because of the recents updates than more mature and established players. Maybe we can count that as a + ? *Cheers!*

my mian reaosn for hating jagex.... how bout banning my account which had a total lvl of 2044 with

7 99 skills

all quests completed

all music tunes unlocked

all achievement diarys complete

owner of gold 5 feather chompy hat(4k chompy kills)

owner of [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]

around 50m in items

ranked top 250 in con

even have the nerve to turn down both of my appeals

thats jus rude.... feel like i jus wasted last 6 years of my life

btw my rsn was enjoi888 and weirdly enuff...my clan chat is still up

yea jagex are a bunch of jerks

enjoi888.png

my mian reaosn for hating jagex.... how bout banning my account which had a total lvl of 2044 with

7 99 skills

all quests completed

all music tunes unlocked

all achievement diarys complete

owner of gold 5 feather chompy hat(4k chompy kills)

owner of [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]

around 50m in items

ranked top 250 in con

even have the nerve to turn down both of my appeals

thats jus rude.... feel like i jus wasted last 6 years of my life

btw my rsn was enjoi888 and weirdly enuff...my clan chat is still up

yea jagex are a bunch of jerks

Were you banned for "RWT"? If so, then that's why I hate Jagex. They hand out RWT bans to people giving gifts to friends or splitting a hilt drop. And their CS and ban appeals are [cabbage].

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I think most of the hate comes from the selfish wishes of some players. They want more money, fast experience and any update that makes it harder to do either of these makes those players upset. The recent herblore update is a perfect example of this because people were mad that they couldn't buy herbs for cheap and then get money for ID'ing them or experience by herbloring.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015