Global Warming... [must read]

M_D_K_48117

Lovestock, one of the men to originally introduce the idea of global warming, has recently come out with a new statement. Before his beliefs were that we were on a tilting point but would have another 50-100 years to correct ourselves, now he thin,s otherwise. His newest comments have strucken fear amongst the scientist population as a whole, and because of so few believe him. His new theory, is that we have surpassed the tilting point and are now on a collision course which will hit in 2012. His belief is that by 2010, about 40-60% of the current population will have been whiped out as the sea level will rise over 20 feet, and heavy rains, bigger storms, and more droughts hit the human race. Of course, he also found tyhat in 2012 we will hit solar cycle 21, which will of course speed up the process of global warming drastically and predicts that 13 years from now, in 2020, the human race will be back into the middle ages. "This is the end of times, not the world, but the end of the world as we know it," he claims in an interview. He has also stated that nearly all attempts will be futile. Swithcing to hybrids will do nothing, cutting down on power plants will do nothing, using windmills will do nothing. His claim is that we should no longer prevent global warming, but get ready for it by enforcing northern towns which will be greated by millions of immigrants, especially in Europe as he says that nearly 60% of Europe will be truend into a new seharra desert. And that towns such as New York, New Orleans, and Las Vegas are already doomed to drought and increased water levels. His propsed reaction to at last slow the process is to use nuclear power, and immediatly shut down all other power plants immediatley. He also says we should stray from natural foods and use such foods as "Quarn", a bioengineered fungus that is edible. He also boasts at how computer models are wrong, due to the fact they are based off the creators opinions instead of the past actions of the world. His biggest fear next to global warming though, is simply the aftermath. As he says, the end of times will put us in a new stone age, all techs, knowledge, etc. will be lost. So, he fears of the warlords and anarchy that will happen afterwars and the wars and tribes that will come after the climax as Earth enters yet another Ice Age. Finally he stated, "This is not so much a wayt for mother nature to kill off a dominant species, bu to put it back in its place."

"Stupid is smart you dumb n00b." - noob in lumbridge

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's either:

a) A psychopath

or

B) really bad at being manipulative.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

This is an obvious exageration, in this article it says that technology will be lost, it won't. There are places in the world that will still be habitable and I'm sure the top people from the world of science will be there. We will not go back to being cavemen just due to some water rising. The ocean rising 20 feet in 2.5 years is also impossible. Right now the ice caps are melting at an extremely quick rate, faster than we predicted, but there is still not a noticeable difference on the world. This also contradicts the many other theories I have heard. In several articles I have read, they said that due to global warming the currents will change, this will effect a vital current for Europe which brings hot air from the south upward. Europe was going to enter an Ice Age according to those predctions, yet he says the opposite.

*Gets back up*

*dusts self off*

*PHEW*

Well, I just got rammed by a Wall of Text.

*Angrily shakes fist as he throws

tags at the wall*

Anyways. I REALLY think he's over exaggerating. The whole 'The world's gonna end by 2012' crap is just that..crap.

[hide=Completely Unrelated Rant]I dont know the full story behind the 2012 theory, but who cares if the Mayan calendar only went to 2012? They're normal humans. Saying that the mayan calendar predicts the world's end is like me saying that if I close my eyes and pick a number, that number is the number of years humanity has left....it's completely ridiculous.[/hide]

Well, dont comment on the pointless rant I just made. If you do, the Wall of Text will come after you. Anyways. I seriously doubt that Global Warming would push us back into the Middle Ages or whatever.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

What a load of opinionated alarmist BS.

If anything could cement my belief that global warming is a ridiculously overcooked falsehood, then this is it.

Don't base your opinion of climate change from alarmist morons or any media source. Read the literature.

http://stke.sciencemag.org/

http://www.nature.com/index.html

http://www.pnas.org/

how many topics on global warming do we really need :?:

Make an interesting topic yourself, then whine.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

God dammit i hate hippies :evil:

what are they actually doing to help? annoying people and going up to people in the streets talking isn't doing much is it, its like they think their saving the world.

telling everyone about global warming and scaring everyone isnt doing good

sp902_Die_Hippy_Die-1.png

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

I don't really care about global warming tbh, why should i waste my time trying to save the planet when theres factories still polluting the air.

If it does get worse then i'll consider doing my bit but only if people do their bit (shut down factories, less vehicles etc: )

Zaroterasu.png

Okay yes, global warming is logical but to a certain extent.

I mean yes it will come but this god damn theory right here is just plain stupid, it makes me angry. When this happens, You can say I told you so.

But for now, gtfo.

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

I wont express what i think about those who say "global warming isn't happening" or "i don't care".

But this theory is a bit out of bound, we won't get throwed back into 1400. Instead we are killing ourselves and everything else in a "slow" pace.

This planet would be better-off without humans.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I cannot begin to comprehend the amount of ignorance in this thread. Not only by the people commenting but also by the original poster.

Have any of you taken ANY science classes or read any scientific journals? Then it should be clear that global warming is in fact happening. Stop saying its over hyped. You make yourself look like an ignorant fool.

The original poster is beyond comprehension. Multiple typing errors combined with run-on sentences and lack of paragraphs have given me a migraine i will not soon lose. Not to mention lack of evidence and sanity.

I hate tip it. But instead of leaving, i will critique people until the cows come home.

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it