almost *proof* summoning is coming

Adicolorz

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]

Development plan as of 31-Mar-04

Now that we have finished our big game engine update we can finally get back to producing regular updates to the game.

I'm sure you're all wondering whats coming next now the update is finally out, so read on for a summary of some of the things we have planned.

The new game engine allows for us to do a much greater variety of updates. We will be able to produce many exciting new features which we simply couldn't do previously. We have also expanded our development team over the last few months so expect the updates to start coming thick and fast.

These are just some of the many of the currently planned features.

New areas:

A viking style area, including a new quest and town.

A large 'frozen lands' area including penguins, mammoths, polar bears and more. :shame:

A pyramid quest in the desert full of traps, treasure and mummys .

A barrows of the undead area to explore and find new equipment.

Some good training areas designed for rangers.

New quests:

There will of course be lots of new quests. We will be adding these on a regular basis again, including Part 4 of the ongoing plague city storyline.

New items:

Enchantable rings.

More rare weapons and armour - including weapons with impressive special moves.

Armoured boots.

More clothing to help give your characters a unique look.

Special prayer book items which can be wielded in the shield spot for prayer bonuses.

New features & skills

Treasure hunt mini-game with a variety of rewards, including some new rare items.

Summoning spells - summon skeletons, demons, etc...!

A quest journal for you to read and recap what point you are up to in each quest. No more coming back to a quest after a break, and wondering what you are supposed to do next.

More random events, to give more variety, and lots of chances to win unexpected rewards.

More pets and followers with different properties and abilities.

Special organised game events on holidays.

Many new monsters such as Orcs, Lizardmen and more.

In game versions of our boardgames such as chess and draughts.

And are also planning on adding even bigger features, that really take advantage of our new engines abilities, such as:

Player owned houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house. Using the farming skill to grow herbs and plants in the grounds of your house. Build your own private party areas and shop areas, and more! :shame:

Clan support, to allow you to optionally form your own clans with your friends.

Mutiplayer castle arena for massive team based wars!

Randomly generated scenarios, where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest.

So there's lots to look forward to! We think the next year will be very exciting.

Everything in bold hasn't come out yet, sure that's proves that it will come out eventually, but we already knew that since this was on the Jagex home page :roll:

i put a smiley near all the ones that ARE in fact in the game.

we still don't have mammoths or polar bears...

as for the second smiley, that hasn't been released, and probably never will, unless maybe you're talking about the party room? i was thinking more of your personal party room like the one party pete has.

[/hide]

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you could plant things inside your house, build our own shops and party areas, and go to a large frozen land containing polar bars and mammoths and penguins. (I know penguins are in the game, but not in a large frozen land with those other animals)

This is Runescapeloser22, made a new account name know that I quit Runescape.

Real Rank: Demon Vanquisher

jealoussig-1.jpg

BOSTON RED SOX 2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

I thought Vegimite was another word for lesbian.... :oops:

I have proof that the rumoured big update is wilderness tag!!!!!!

We are also updating the Wilderness this month with new teleportation portals and a repeatable minigame. The portals act as a new way of getting round the Wilderness, but be careful. Once a portal is activated, everyone in the immediate area will be moved away, so don't rely on it to get out of trouble... you may find that trouble follows you through!

Wilderness Tag features a series of pillars dotted around the entire of the wilderness, with players being invited to tag them, similar to the way the Agility Arena works but without the timers. Players who successfully tag all the pillars (featuring various levels of difficulty) are rewarded with a generous helping of combat XP in the discipline they choose. Be careful, though, it is the Wilderness after all.

I have more proof that this is coming out than you do that summoning is coming out so i win yes? seriously though.. if summoning is ever going to come, it will be a surprise to everyone when it does come.. no one knows anything more than anyone else.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

You are not the first person to list this proof. Many other updates fits the "big update" and they are far more important for the players than summoning.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Well, here is my thoughts on summoning coming to runescape

first read this article taken from the archives:

Now that we have finished our big game engine update we can finally get back to producing regular updates to the game.

I'm sure you're all wondering whats coming next now the update is finally out, so read on for a summary of some of the things we have planned.

The new game engine allows for us to do a much greater variety of updates. We will be able to produce many exciting new features which we simply couldn't do previously. We have also expanded our development team over the last few months so expect the updates to start coming thick and fast.

New areas:

A large 'frozen lands' area including penguins, mammoths, polar bears and more.

New quests:

There will of course be lots of new quests. We will be adding these on a regular basis again, including Part 4 of the ongoing plague city storyline.

New items:

Enchantable rings.

Armoured boots.

Special prayer book items which can be wielded in the shield spot for prayer bonuses.

New features & skills

Treasure hunt mini-game with a variety of rewards, including some new rare items.

Summoning *****spells***** - summon skeletons, demons, etc...!

A quest journal for you to read and recap what point you are up to in each quest. No more coming back to a quest after a break, and wondering what you are supposed to do next.

More random events, to give more variety, and lots of chances to win unexpected rewards.

And are also planning on adding even bigger features, that really take advantage of our new engines abilities, such as:

Player owned houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house. Using the farming skill to grow herbs and plants in the grounds of your house. Build your own private party areas and shop areas, and more!

Randomly generated scenarios, where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest.

So there's lots to look forward to! We think the next year will be very exciting.

This was written in 2004, and i urge you to look at how much has been very presicely fulfilled, and also look at the mention of summoning. IMO this is definite proof - summoning along with "carpentry" has been thrown into the works since rsc and i think its realise is immemnent.

the login page thing turns out not true but it got me on the subject - what do you think, if it is introduced i reckon it will be a new spellbook, not a skill

ive been playing since 2001 and all those things besides summoning have come out and for one thing it WILL not be a new skill i bolded and star'd where it says SPELLS lol :P

as i was saying theyve all come out jagex has just modifed them a bit they removed carpenty=construction, farming plants and herbs in your own home=farming skill, what a better way for them to come up with a new skill then for them to take part of another update and make it its own right? the more skills the merrier supposedly and i think remember them saying they split farming and construction to bring it to us sooner

522 to 99 slayer

winner40.png

Summoning is already out anyways. shame so many players don't realise it.

yeah, cause theres loads of spellbooks about summoning, i know what you mean but tbh its not.

Nah what i mean is we have the Tower of Life (you summon one of those mutant freaky things).

plus during the Swans Song quest we use a pot to bring out some monsters :thumbsup:

Zaroterasu.png

It's due to limitations by Java.

Can you please cite your source of information on this? Thanks.

Look. You lag in Castle Wars because there's multiple ice barragers. Imagine Damage Incorporated or Corruption or some major clan summoning monsters to create an army. Imagine all the lag...

I do not lag when there are "multiple ice barragers" at castle wars, but that's beside the point.

Those are players, not npcs.

Ever since the first achievement diary I've come to realize the magnitude of Jagex's projects. So it could very well be that they have been working on summoning skill since 2004. I'd say it's entirely possible, especially when you look at all the things on that list that have already come out successfully but when? nobody can tell. It's like waiting for anime fillers to end, you know it will happen eventually you just have no idea if it's weeks or months.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I'm quite annoyed with the "shut up, it's never going to happen" attitude that most people have with summoning.

I challenge anyone to provide some sort of plausible evidence that summoning will not come out sometime in the the future.

It may not be the "big" update the Jagex were talking about, but there is no reason why it can't be (unless their upcomming hints suggest something else).

bewatchingyousigau4.gif

[260+ Quest Points] [All Skills 50+] [Lv 97 Combat]

wait, wasn't that proof that summoning was coming? If so (and it is, i think), then we have proof, and posts have been made about that ever since 04.

this year i really think will bring summoning. WE had the Salve (e) thing beginning of the year that had something to do with summoning, tower of life, etc...

lot of hints.

wait, wasn't that proof that summoning was coming? If so (and it is, i think), then we have proof, and posts have been made about that ever since 04.

this year i really think will bring summoning. WE had the Salve (e) thing beginning of the year that had something to do with summoning, tower of life, etc...

lot of hints.

What's salve(e) got anything to do with summoning? :-k

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Player owned houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house. Using the farming skill to grow herbs and plants in the grounds of your house. Build your own private party areas and shop areas, and more!

Shame we didn't get these :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

We just get like 30 farming xp by planting trees in our garden :(

¨)

¸.´¸.*´¨)

(¸.´ (¸.Lilith1023

Lilith1023.png

New areas:

A large 'frozen lands' area including penguins, mammoths, polar bears and more.

New quests:

New items:

Enchantable rings.

Armoured boots.

New features & skills

Everything in bold hasn't come out yet, sure that's proves that it will come out eventually, but we already knew that since this was on the Jagex home page :roll:

Orcs came out in the God Wars dungeon, and the frozen land came out too in the Cold War quest.

Did it occur to you that since this was published over 3 years ago, and it still has not happened, then there is no reason why it would happen now?

They don't have to follow agendas set back then, they can change.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

I challenge anyone to provide some sort of plausible evidence that summoning will not come out sometime in the the future.

You can't prove opposite so it's useless.

So far, there is more evidence that summoning will be released then there is that summoning wont. (Awkward wording :?).

Unless someone proves somehow that Jagex have stopped working on it, I see no reason to stop believing that summoning will come out sometime in the future.

bewatchingyousigau4.gif

[260+ Quest Points] [All Skills 50+] [Lv 97 Combat]

It's not almost proof, it's almost a guess, and the threads on the RS forums like "summoning is coming" are all stupid guesses. If that is so old it's very possible that they cancelled the idea, and who says it's going to be a new skill anyways? It could just be a new magic tab or a few spells thrown into an existing tab. And carpentry? No. That might be an addition to crafting if it ever comes

So far, there is more evidence that summoning will be released then there is that summoning wont. (Awkward wording :?).

Unless someone proves somehow that Jagex have stopped working on it, I see no reason to stop believing that summoning will come out sometime in the future.

All your proof can be used to prove the addition of summoning SPELLS instead of a new skill, which is much more likely, as I posted before.

Summoning SPELLS, not skill. Could be a new quest where you get a new spell book or some freaky item which, when used summon a dumb monster to help you fight.

Yea, I quote myself who cares.

pareina.png

All your proof can be used to prove the addition of summoning SPELLS instead of a new skill, which is much more likely, as I posted before.

Summoning SPELLS, not skill. Could be a new quest where you get a new spell book or some freaky item which, when used summon a dumb monster to help you fight.

Yea, I quote myself who cares.

I remember someone also saying that Jagex would not come out with a new skill for Summoning but only a new spellbook.

icecube7.jpeg