almost *proof* summoning is coming

Adicolorz

Well, here is my thoughts on summoning coming to runescape

first read this article taken from the archives:

Development plan as of 31-Mar-04

Now that we have finished our big game engine update we can finally get back to producing regular updates to the game.

I'm sure you're all wondering whats coming next now the update is finally out, so read on for a summary of some of the things we have planned.

The new game engine allows for us to do a much greater variety of updates. We will be able to produce many exciting new features which we simply couldn't do previously. We have also expanded our development team over the last few months so expect the updates to start coming thick and fast.

These are just some of the many of the currently planned features.

New areas:

A viking style area, including a new quest and town.

A large 'frozen lands' area including penguins, mammoths, polar bears and more.

A pyramid quest in the desert full of traps, treasure and mummys .

A barrows of the undead area to explore and find new equipment.

Some good training areas designed for rangers.

New quests:

There will of course be lots of new quests. We will be adding these on a regular basis again, including Part 4 of the ongoing plague city storyline.

New items:

Enchantable rings.

More rare weapons and armour - including weapons with impressive special moves.

Armoured boots.

More clothing to help give your characters a unique look.

Special prayer book items which can be wielded in the shield spot for prayer bonuses.

New features & skills

Treasure hunt mini-game with a variety of rewards, including some new rare items.

Summoning spells - summon skeletons, demons, etc...!

A quest journal for you to read and recap what point you are up to in each quest. No more coming back to a quest after a break, and wondering what you are supposed to do next.

More random events, to give more variety, and lots of chances to win unexpected rewards.

More pets and followers with different properties and abilities.

Special organised game events on holidays.

Many new monsters such as Orcs, Lizardmen and more.

In game versions of our boardgames such as chess and draughts.

And are also planning on adding even bigger features, that really take advantage of our new engines abilities, such as:

Player owned houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house. Using the farming skill to grow herbs and plants in the grounds of your house. Build your own private party areas and shop areas, and more!

Clan support, to allow you to optionally form your own clans with your friends.

Mutiplayer castle arena for massive team based wars!

Randomly generated scenarios, where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest.

So there's lots to look forward to! We think the next year will be very exciting.

This was written in 2004, and i urge you to look at how much has been very presicely fulfilled, and also look at the mention of summoning. IMO this is definite proof - summoning along with "carpentry" has been thrown into the works since rsc and i think its realise is immemnent.

the login page thing turns out not true but it got me on the subject - what do you think, if it is introduced i reckon it will be a new spellbook, not a skill

adicolorz.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe/...maybe not...

who knows

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Doubtful we will ever get this summoning update or new skill, despite everyones proof or things said otherwise.

There have been many things that have been around for just as long or longer then this with many more things suggesting that they too will also come out, yet they never do.

I hate to be in the pessimistic crowd on the whole situation. Fact of the matter still remains however, that some of these updates just look like they may never come out at all.

im just being sceptical about the new *big* update

Wouldnt the better word here be, optimistic? or extra hopeful?

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Player owned houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house. Using the farming skill to grow herbs and plants in the grounds of your house. Build your own private party areas and shop areas, and more!

Shame we didn't get these :(

Zaroterasu.png

I think JaGex are planning something much bigger than summoning. There are many updates they planned to do but haven't done/decided against and I think summoning is (sadly) one of those.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Surprisingly enough, someone has noticed this before.

Also surprisingly enough, most people told that person that predicting when Jagex will come out with something is almost impossible.

I'd also like to point out that, even though most of the things on that list have happened in some form, they didn't happen exactly the way you thought them would. And anyway, summoning already in the game, just do the quest that lets you fish monkfish, that I can't remember the name of.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

JAGeX won't do it. It's due to limitations by Java. If someone was training summoning, there would be literally hundreds of creatures near them which would cause tremendous lag. If multiple people did this, bye bye servers.

j0xPu5R.png

JAGeX won't do it. It's due to limitations by Java. If someone was training summoning, there would be literally hundreds of creatures near them which would cause tremendous lag. If multiple people did this, bye bye servers.
Your joking right?, java isnt as limited as you think, but what makes you think there wouldnt be limits to what you could summon? (id guess 4 monsters max at aany time, but its likely to be only 1).

I hope that if this comes out it won't be another spellbook, that would make Ancient's underpowered and mages are already tired of people hybriding mage.

I'm hoping this is the big update in the beginning of next year :pray:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Summoning would be a pretty cool skill, i hope they do release it.

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

As for the "summoning=lag" claim, why not make a base item, neccecary for summoning (i.e. "rat bones" or something) uncommon (y'know, 10% chance of getting the base item for summoning a rat when you kill a rat.)

I think t'is likely that summoning's coming.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

This is proof of nothing other than you having a very vivid imagination. ;)

As an aside, this is a good example of why people always get disappointed with "big" updates -- they imagine them to be far more than they really are.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I don't get what it means by "Randomly generated scenarios". I'm not sure if there is anything like this in the game. If there is, please tell me it sounds sweet.

The closest we have is the Mort Myre travel mini-game thing. However this is NOT the randomly generated scenarios they're described in the above quote. If they do this right it would in my opinion be great fun. Have Diablo 2 -esque dungeons with a reward at the end where each person in the "team" would get a seperate reward. Fill a random dungeon with random monsters and obstacles that require multiple people to get pass using multiple skills and you have yourself one hell of an update!

Ah the good old update post, I remember that it was shortly after RS2 came out when they posted that. Lots of stuff has been implemented and some stuff still hasn't been added but as that was from 2004 I really doubt you can accurately guess when those updates are coming out, or if they're coming out.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Think of it like this...

Clan War in the wildy, of summoning specific clans. Just imagine the 100 people per clan, all summoning creatures, making a literal Army.

Imagine the chaos, lag, server crashes... etc.

Ex: I have lagged in CW because of walls of ice barragers. (we lost too)