Tip.it Times Presents: The absence (or surplus?) of Time.

MPM

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first, lol

Well, its another good article from the editor at the very least, and it covers exactly what I was just thinking. I've just posted this to kill time myself, and many of the things I do is because of time in hand.

Well, there's nothing else I can really say tbh

Boom! Dead Shot

Wow, great article. I agree with the part about people specifically allocating time to play video games instead of playing them when they happen to have some free time. It should be enjoyment, not a way of life.

Edit: First actual post

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

The link wasnt working for me, i had to go to the archives(it brought me to last weeks)

Good read as always, a little short. I actually didn't know that one!

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

The link wasnt working for me, i had to go to the archives(it brought me to last weeks)

Good read as always, a little short. I actually didn't know that one!

as did i.

Great article, i found it a very interesting read. And the did you know is not known by a lot of people including me O_o

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

skimmed through it, seems to me it's a lot of psychobabble. not whoever's best writings. doesnt flow well and is disorganised. although there was potential there, it just seemed like it was rushed... -.-

and maybe i should comment on the content; nothing really stood out as cutting edge and there wasnt any tremendous insight or a powerfully worded message that was coming across.

and yeah the link went to last week's editorial so i had to click on the home link and use that link to read it.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

i r teh ownage first postor son

First off, learn English. Second, I was referring to the fact that I had the first post that brought something more to the conversation.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

nice article it's true, we want more time for the things we like, and less for the things we dislike wich is natural really :-k

dunno what to say about the last part about savoring time vs. killing it.

although the advice of stop and smell the roses is good, take it easy and live life :)

It's hard to say what I'm trying to get at with this whole concept of the evolution of gaming and the strange nature of time, so I'm just going to try and say it bluntly. Physically we live in the present, but our minds seem more interested in the future. We are always ignoring time, trying to kill it, and are always "looking forward" to some event that will happen soon. We play games for the enjoyment of them but also because they pass the time. This can leads to a problem, many of us never get around to "stop and smell the roses" as they say. People will spend entire summers playing an MMORPG so they can get to a certain level, but in ten years will that matter at all?

first one :wink:

Very nice article. =D>

Yagami.png

I would like to get the most difficult 99 in the game to accomplish. which is woodcutting.
because I had a drunken night in philadelphia and sprayed a fire extinguiser, evacuated a 7 story hotel on the philly stadium, spent the night in jail.. then got on level 2 prob & have to pay 50 a month because I have a job. It's their way of collecting more money out of me.

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Are you living life to the fullest?

^^Exactly what I was trying to say in my post.

While playing MMORPG's, you often spend "Massive" amounts of your time on something that won't matter later in life. I use the example if you would of spent that time working. Then, at least when you were done with that "Job" you will still of had that money earned to show for it.

People took my post in the wrong direction, and thought that I was saying you should have worked every our instead of playing runescape. No, that is not the case. There needs to be some fun in your life. I just think that playing runescape all day to "pass the time" is an undesirable way to live life. You have no stories from runescape. You can't tell your kids and grandkids about the time you got a dragon chainbody from a kalphite queen on a video game. Or how you and your clan pwned DI at MB and then DS came and salvaged all the loot.

I don't have a problem with playing runescape when you really have nothing better to do. But putting off other important stuff so you can instead sit in front of the computer...just doesn't seem right.

Either way, excellent article to say the least. I'm amazed that we're having the same thoughts right now.

w4M8t.png

I have noticed that people do tend to not savor time. I can remember when I was little we had Sega Gamegears. My brother and I could only play with them when we were going on long trips (mim is 1.55 hours and up). That is one reason why I like to read. I can do that anytime so I don't have to worry about where was I and what was going on in the story.

I agree this article didn't seem as polished as the others have been. Though I don't write well so I can't say too much.

I enjoyed this Tip.It Times.

Yes, many of us take our time for granted, but we don't enjoy it while it lasts. Studying, doing homework, but if we do that, we get bored. Yes, if there wasn't such thing as a X BOX we would be bored, but think of what your parents would be doing right now. Chatting on MSN, Playing that new game that came out? No.

Yes, it was pretty short, but I still enjoyed it very much.

rook_2222.png

F2P for life :D