November 5th Assist System.

Michael

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen anyone posting this but I'd just like to say: I was assisting someone on F2p to get into the crafting guild, I loaned them a brown apron and they were wearing it. He asked for assistance, I accepted, and turned on crafting, but he couldn't get in.

Either Jagex removed the assistance for entering guilds, or it doesn't work with crafting guilds.

...............___@@@ ___-----weeewoooweeewoooo

......____//_____?___\\__ ___

----,o-----GrammarPolice ----@)

----`----(@)=========(@)- `

Skiller: Maurdin, Black(omgracist) pure: Alotofnoobs

I haven't seen anyone posting this but I'd just like to say: I was assisting someone on F2p to get into the crafting guild, I loaned them a brown apron and they were wearing it. He asked for assistance, I accepted, and turned on crafting, but he couldn't get in.

Either Jagex removed the assistance for entering guilds, or it doesn't work with crafting guilds.

You can't assist into guilds anymore.

Borrowing someones 99 smithing sounds handy. I have many rune bars, so a few rune sets would come in handy.

I also have 15 or so dstones, so making these into glories would be nice.

fletching, my onyx bolt tips will now get used!

Herblore! OMG - super poison here we come, all the decent pots will be mine!

I am liking this update a lot! Unfortunately though, I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have any skills high enough to warrant people getting xp for me, but meh, one day I will

Only trouble will be finding someone willing to tand around while I fumble through the process of getting the above things done!

lol icons are wierd. Funny how there is no more space on the bottom bar too. I just got a brilliant money making idea from this too. Someone buys a ton of raw sharks/monks. Gets assist from someone with 99 cooking. Cooks them all with barely burning anything and then sells at a massive profit. Hehe there's my loophole of the day \'

Happy money making :thumbsup:

Rang3t0mag3.png

"Behind every great person is a pack of haters."

I ALWAYS find EVERY update to be great and be useful. But not this one.

HORRIBLE update. Eww. :-X :-X

All the "luxuries" of being to make whatever you want when other people can't. Gone. Being sexually harrassed if you have a skillcape on for assistance (okay maybe going a little too far.)

And it is the most [developmentally delayed]ed thing ever that you have to just stand still with a blank screen and do absolutely NOTHING while another person uses your assistance.

Terrible update. :wall:

On a happy note, 400th post. :)

I ALWAYS find EVERY update to be great and be useful. But not this one.

HORRIBLE update. Eww. :-X :-X

All the "luxuries" of being to make whatever you want when other people can't. Gone. Being sexually harrassed if you have a skillcape on for assistance (okay maybe going a little too far.)

And it is the most [developmentally delayed] thing ever that you have to just stand still with a blank screen and do absolutely NOTHING while another person uses your assistance.

Terrible update. :wall:

On a happy note, 400th post. :)

Indeed, although there is a benefit of it. You can get 30k exp free in difficult skills, like smithing and crafting, for sitting there surfing the web while someone use provides his or her own resources.

td2sig.jpg

i've been lurking around for a while, and some of these posts forced me to come out of hiding and say something.

Will everyone just quit the "OMGEEZIES JAGEX MADE AN UPDATE THAT HELPS LOWER LVLS, NO ONE LUVS MEH"

I've seen it for the past few months, and i'm really getting tired of it. People are getting so spoiled with the updates, expecting everyone to be epic and good, directly relating to their everyday rs lives.

Let me run down the list of recent big game updates (excluding halloween)

Lootshare: Monster killing, clan update, yeah, that's so for low levels. Let me know when you see a bunch of lvl 42s owning the KBD

Back to my roots: yeah, check out those requirements please...

ZMI Alter: Fast rcing for high level crafters.

Path of Glouphrie: Dont see too many noobs with those lvls

God wars dungeon: Of course. Jagex really slipped up on this one, it's way to easy for lvl 9s to come in and own all the bosses, get the godsword and other stuff. Wow.

pest control: No more lvl 40s ruining for the high levels that people complain about..again, this isn't helpful at all to higher lvls

POH room increase: High Construction can now pay off with a good dungeon, which you need lvl 70 to make, which is a PRETTY HIGH LEVEL.

Barbarian Training: Mith drags, stupid jagex, another easy monster for lvl 50s to kill.

Dark Bow: As we know, lvl 90 slayer is probably about as common as at least lvl 40 cooking.

DFS: Visages, high cash requirement, stat requirement...uh?

As you can see, I didn't really find an update that caters to low levels going back into June...i'd go back further but that'd waste my time. Why now? Jagex has given us months on end of big power updates, then they give an update that helps out the lower levels (WHICH MAKE UP THE RS POPULATION TOO) and suddenly all those months are erased from the book of respect.

Why can't jagex help lower levels without people attacking them? Why can't jagex make an update that helps people other than yourself without people jumping on them?

I'm sorry for my rant, and i'm not directing it at anyone in particular, but this is just ridiculous. I never knew people could get so angry at an update that gives you an opportunity to help people out.

On another note, it looks good i think. Won't be around to test it out, but I like it...although it seems to somewhat defeat the purpose of raising skills high at first glance, it doesn't really do that once you look at it harder.

Skill interface..great except agility...i'm with everyone else on that one lol

i've been lurking around for a while, and some of these posts forced me to come out of hiding and say something.

Will everyone just quit the "OMGEEZIES JAGEX MADE AN UPDATE THAT HELPS LOWER LVLS, NO ONE LUVS MEH"

I've seen it for the past few months, and i'm really getting tired of it. People are getting so spoiled with the updates, expecting everyone to be epic and good, directly relating to their everyday rs lives.

Let me run down the list of recent big game updates (excluding halloween)

Lootshare: Monster killing, clan update, yeah, that's so for low levels. Let me know when you see a bunch of lvl 42s owning the KBD

Back to my roots: yeah, check out those requirements please...

ZMI Alter: Fast rcing for high level crafters.

Path of Glouphrie: Dont see too many noobs with those lvls

God wars dungeon: Of course. Jagex really slipped up on this one, it's way to easy for lvl 9s to come in and own all the bosses, get the godsword and other stuff. Wow.

pest control: No more lvl 40s ruining for the high levels that people complain about..again, this isn't helpful at all to higher lvls

POH room increase: High Construction can now pay off with a good dungeon, which you need lvl 70 to make, which is a PRETTY HIGH LEVEL.

Barbarian Training: Mith drags, stupid jagex, another easy monster for lvl 50s to kill.

Dark Bow: As we know, lvl 90 slayer is probably about as common as at least lvl 40 cooking.

DFS: Visages, high cash requirement, stat requirement...uh?

As you can see, I didn't really find an update that caters to low levels going back into June...i'd go back further but that'd waste my time. Why now? Jagex has given us months on end of big power updates, then they give an update that helps out the lower levels (WHICH MAKE UP THE RS POPULATION TOO) and suddenly all those months are erased from the book of respect.

Why can't jagex help lower levels without people attacking them? Why can't jagex make an update that helps people other than yourself without people jumping on them?

I'm sorry for my rant, and i'm not directing it at anyone in particular, but this is just ridiculous. I never knew people could get so angry at an update that gives you an opportunity to help people out.

On another note, it looks good i think. Won't be around to test it out, but I like it...although it seems to somewhat defeat the purpose of raising skills high at first glance, it doesn't really do that once you look at it harder.

Skill interface..great except agility...i'm with everyone else on that one lol

Pretty much says it all. =D>

Ok, I think this update is great, and has many uses, but also think it has alot of potential to be much better.

I believe alot of the players are not using the update as Jagex had intended them to. Alot of people are using this assistance update as a quicker means of xp, and easier training. This was not Jagex's Intent. This is especailly prevelant in the herb skills. High level herbests are now saying 30k xp isnt enough, because its very easy for them to make potions for other players.

What I believe should be done, is remove the XP bonuses to both players totaly, while making the # of items made unrestricted. Why? 2 Reasons.

1) With the xp removed, both players can still use the system as a safer means than trading, which is what its intention was for.

2) You discourage all people using the skill as a means for some quick and easy free xp.

Why should the xp be removed? Alot of the problem is mainly peoples lazyness. A person would rather sit around in a bank for 2 hours yelling.. "Need level 80 crafting assistance", than spend time on working on that skill so they could make items themselves. 90% of the people in RS are guilty of that.

Giving no xp basically encourages players to not use this system on a massive scale for lots of xp, but for a handful of items.

Another possible solution would be to make the xp unlimited, but only allow a person to recieve assistance a certain # of times per 24 hours.

Example: You can only recieve assistance 20 times every 24 hours. This way, if you have say 20 rubys to cut, 20 flatpack items to make, or 20 alchs to do, you'd have to choose wisly, and cant depend on higher levels to do all the work for you.

Either of these solutions would help solve the problem.

dawnsigblue-3.png

This new system looks good. A nice helpful way for the lower levels out there.

The new skill interface is alright.

I might have said it was great if they didn't make agility look pretty bad.

Most of the stats look improved though :)

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

[ * You cannot assist someone with a quest, an Achievement Diary (they will not be able to mark a task complete if they were assisted in this way) or a minigame.

I just completed Fairytale 2 yesterday with the assist system, ( making the ess pot).

Im gonna try for lunar soon

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Ok, I think this update is great, and has many uses, but also think it has alot of potential to be much better.

I believe alot of the players are not using the update as Jagex had intended them to. Alot of people are using this assistance update as a quicker means of xp, and easier training. This was not Jagex's Intent. This is especailly prevelant in the herb skills. High level herbests are now saying 30k xp isnt enough, because its very easy for them to make potions for other players.

What I believe should be done, is remove the XP bonuses to both players totaly, while making the # of items made unrestricted. Why? 2 Reasons.

1) With the xp removed, both players can still use the system as a safer means than trading, which is what its intention was for.

2) You discourage all people using the skill as a means for some quick and easy free xp.

Why should the xp be removed? Alot of the problem is mainly peoples lazyness. A person would rather sit around in a bank for 2 hours yelling.. "Need level 80 crafting assistance", than spend time on working on that skill so they could make items themselves. 90% of the people in RS are guilty of that.

Giving no xp basically encourages players to not use this system on a massive scale for lots of xp, but for a handful of items.

Another possible solution would be to make the xp unlimited, but only allow a person to recieve assistance a certain # of times per 24 hours.

Example: You can only recieve assistance 20 times every 24 hours. This way, if you have say 20 rubys to cut, 20 flatpack items to make, or 20 alchs to do, you'd have to choose wisly, and cant depend on higher levels to do all the work for you.

THANK YOU. That's like the best addition to this update ever.

It's a good update but it has one major fault...

...they've run out of button space at the bottom! :ohnoes:

Jagex could make the report abuse buttom smaller. :boohoo:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Wasn't expecting this at all. I believe that skills such as fishing, mining and woodcutting etc. Should not of been given assist options, I understand crafting etc though. In terms of the new interface. No need to change it but meh its ok (except for agility.)

Costantino.png

This new system has potential as I feel it would do away with a lot of outside scams, however I can also see it being potentially annoying for those 99 skill characters who are doing things like mining , fishing, etc. The reason I view this could be annoying is becouse they could be spammed with assist requests. Now I know what you're thinking "You can turn off assist requests" while this is true the only true way to not be bugged about it is to turn off your chat, but then you have all kinds of people falsely reporting you for autoing, and with the Runescape costumer support system the way it is even the innocent get banned for no good reason.

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

This seems like a great thing. I haven't tested it out yet, I want to though.

I really hopes that this will put an end to all those stupid crafting-gems scam.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I just noticed a new breed of beggars around, those who beg you to let them assist you so they get the exp of whatever activity you were doing to gaining exp for yourself.

EDIT: Nvm, doesn't seem to work.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

My only objection is that now there are 4 options that you get for right clicking on someone. This means, among other things, pking is slightly more difficult. When you go clan pking, it's harder to find the right click option for attack, especially during clan wars. Also when there are a lot of players in one square, and you want to, say, trade one of them, fewer names will appear on your screen.

Jagex specifically left monk fishing and lava eel catching out of the assist system, because of quest requirements. This was rather superfluous, because you need to complete the quest, AND have the fishing level just to access monkfish. And for lava eels, you need a special rod from the quest.

Also, Jagex left Bones to Peaches in the assist system, even though that spell is a MINIGAME reward that takes HOURS and lots of expensive runes to achieve. Although there were already bones to peach tabs, so its the same thing really.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

My only objection is that now there are 4 options that you get for right clicking on someone. This means, among other things, pking is slightly more difficult. When you go clan pking, it's harder to find the right click option for attack, especially during clan wars. Also when there are a lot of players in one square, and you want to, say, trade one of them, fewer names will appear on your screen.

Jagex specifically left monk fishing and lava eel catching out of the assist system, because of quest requirements. This was rather superfluous, because you need to complete the quest, AND have the fishing level just to access monkfish. And for lava eels, you need a special rod from the quest.

Also, Jagex left Bones to Peaches in the assist system, even though that spell is a MINIGAME reward that takes HOURS and lots of expensive runes to achieve. Although there were already bones to peach tabs, so its the same thing really.

If you turn the Assist button 'Off' it goes back to the 3 option screen like it used to be :thumbsup:

Zaroterasu.png

My only problem with this update so far is all the people begging for assists, and the fact that all you can do is stand there while do the skill. I was fishing yesterday in Catherby right after the update and the beggers were unbelievable...I was fishing swordies for myself because I needed to restock my food supplies and therefore shut off my assist. I had people following me around begging me to assist them. I tried to politely explain that I was fishing because I needed the fish, not just the XP, and was called a noob on several occasions. And the people who could fish sharks were really being bombarded. I rememeber when I taught my kids IRL how to fish, thereby "assisting" them, I showed them what to do, and then proceeded to fish alongside them, keeping an eye on them to make sure they were ok ...If this were the case in RS I would gladly assist, but I cannot always just stand there and do nothing while someone else does the skill.

mak_1027.png

My only problem with this update so far is all the people begging for assists, and the fact that all you can do is stand there while do the skill. I was fishing yesterday in Catherby right after the update and the beggers were unbelievable...I was fishing swordies for myself because I needed to restock my food supplies and therefore shut off my assist. I had people following me around begging me to assist them. I tried to politely explain that I was fishing because I needed the fish, not just the XP, and was called a noob on several occasions. And the people who could fish sharks were really being bombarded. I rememeber when I taught my kids IRL how to fish, thereby "assisting" them, I showed them what to do, and then proceeded to fish alongside them, keeping an eye on them to make sure they were ok ...If this were the case in RS I would gladly assist, but I cannot always just stand there and do nothing while someone else does the skill.

A new breed of beggers is upon us.

This is why we need a "Cut follow" tool, which disallows such harrassment. It wouldn't be tolerated in the real world, why should it be in RuneScape?

This is why we need a "Cut follow" tool, which disallows such harrassment. It wouldn't be tolerated in the real world, why should it be in RuneScape?

Or the ability to put it on friends only.

Removed xp = everybody goes back to trust trades = completely useless update.

If somebody wanted me to, say, craft blue chaps for them for a clue, and they have the materials, i would let them use assist.

If i didn't get xp, i would trust trade.

the severely limited xp is obviously designed to do what you are suggesting, NEITHER option (unlimited or no xp) is perfect, so jagex seemed to have made a compromise. I think they did it just right. Really. No xp = totally worthless update.