~!~Winter and Snow~!~

magnumb

Like Winter, like Snow? well then post experiences, pictures, and stories of

your winters :thumbsup:

My Story: One winter 2 years ago my friends and I made a bunch of snow man at the bottom of a hill, very lightly made so we could sled through them and had a blast riding through snowmen for an hour, the end result was piles of snow and snowman carnage (carrots everywhere)

Although the most fun was having a snowball fight on top of a frozen pond for 5 hours

afpjapan-snow-festival.jpg

anchorman-2.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love winter since it actually gets under 60F!!! :XD:

It only snowed here once though, last year...freshmen year...A PE teacher got headshot'ed by a snowball by one of my friends. :lol:

That's the only story I got... :(

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Last year we were out of school for an entire week due to snow. The state declared it a natural disaster area - and it really was a bad site in a widespread area.

The main reason was that it snowed/iced, and then it rained. :shock: I picked up a blade of grass and it was encased in ice that formed to every blade. :shock:

~Rcty

Rcty

Closest thing we've ever gotten (that I can remember) was like 10 minutes of light hail last year (or the year before, can't remember), and, if you could count it, they set up one a little ice skating rink down at the pier a few years back. It was pretty fun, you bike down to the pier, along the beach at like 7pm, (it's still like 70 something degrees out), and then you can ice skate down there on the beach.

Closest thing we've ever gotten (that I can remember) was like 10 minutes of light hail last year (or the year before, can't remember), and, if you could count it, they set up one a little ice skating rink down at the pier a few years back. It was pretty fun, you bike down to the pier, along the beach at like 7pm, (it's still like 70 something degrees out), and then you can ice skate down there on the beach.

Some of my family who lives near palm springs get 4 inches of snow last year with the same storm your talking about i think

anchorman-2.jpg

I love winter since it actually gets under 60F!!! :XD:

It only snowed here once though, last year...freshmen year...A PE teacher got headshot'ed by a snowball by one of my friends. :lol:

That's the only story I got... :(

That was also the last time you saw your friend :P

Winter/coldness pwns hot. I peronally wish it was cold all year round *moves Antarctica*

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

I prefer the hot days, but I understand we all need the cold to cool ourselves down.

About 3 or 4 years ago, we, Southern Ontario, got dumped on by a lot of snow, and ice. The snowballs, were more like ice balls, and they hurt almost like paint balls just slower and a lot larger. It was very fun to wear safety glasses along with other safety gear as 15 of your friends start a snowball fight. ^_^

I feel an obsession to go outside and walk when it's extremely cold. I can't rationally explain why though, but I can try to excuse it with having heritage in nordic countries 8-)

Sadly a lot of my friends don't agree and stay inside even at the sight of snow, and call me crazy for spending time outside when it's freezing.

I guess kids enjoy winter much more because they can be themselves by building snowcastles, throwing snowballs and stuff. Some adults try too hard to be 'mature'. Being an adult doesn't mean you can't have fun once in a while. You were a kid once too.

I hate winter :evil: :evil: :evil: ... So dark, so cold, so depressing. One day i'm gonna move out from Finland for good.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

In Minnesota, we're lucky to get one snow day a year. I think our average amount of snow per year is like 16" or something, and school isn't usually closed even if we get a foot of snow. The last time we had a snow day we got a foot and school wasn't closed, but we later got another foot in the same week :ohnoes:

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

I wish I had more snow stories, but hardly get anymore proper snow in the UK anymore. My best experience was missing school when I was younger because there was quite a lot of snow, and going out sledging with my mum on the golf course.

I love snow, and I don't mind the cold as long as i'm wrapped up. Walks through frosty woods on a sunny but cold days are great. I've never been skiing but I think i'd love it, partly because it looks so snowy and nice. Sadly my dad hates the cold, and would want to escape somewhere hot every winter if he had the choice. :P

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I feel an obsession to go outside and walk when it's extremely cold. I can't rationally explain why though, but I can try to excuse it with having heritage in nordic countries 8-)

OMG! Same here! Swedish FTW.

Oh, and New England PWNS for snow and ice and coldness. 8-)