Grand Exchange: Your thoughts?

ego_scorpion

This can easily be prevented, in WoW you cannot buy items posted by your own account. Jagex can just track the IP address of the person who posted something on the GE, if that same IP tries to purchase that item (on a diff account) it will not be able to. Or atleast that seems like a possible solution.

you know how easy it is to change your ip?

baller_playa.png

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds wicked, ill be sure to abuse this.

lol, but ya know, after transferring all the money, its kinda pointless really, just keep it on your main file, and use it to help that account, don't waste it on a account that most end up dropping.

Thats just an example.

It can be useful for autoers selling their gold for real life cash :x

sig.jpg

lol, but ya know, after transferring all the money, its kinda pointless really, just keep it on your main file, and use it to help that account, don't waste it on a account that most end up dropping.

Thats just an example.

It can be useful for autoers selling their gold for real life cash :x

or in a case like mine when you have hundreds of mils, you wont miss 20-40 if you move it to a pure.

I don't think that many have thought on using the GE as a drop trading help. But now when you have posted it, I'm not that sure about that none will use it as that.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Well that does raise a big point about the upcoming GE. Maybe they will make some sort of price reporting thing? Like if someone does something like that, other people there will be able to report as being a scam, or real-world-item trading, or anything else. I bet that they have thought of that though, they don't just release something like this, and not know what goes on in the game when there not looking. They will try and do something about it for sure though...

yarlyyo3.gif

^^^Click for My Newgrounds Page!

Selling 1 chicken for 10 mill isn't going to go unnoticed

Thats what I thought. The GE actually will keep a log of what goes on, so it is far easier to drop trade by literally dropping.

Besides, why are we questioning a system before we know what the system is?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

As somebody said earlier though, I doubt your item will still be for sale if you are logged out. I think the GE will only work for logged in players.

Now of course I obviously don't know how it will work so this idea may not be true but I'm guessing it will be like that.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

:shock:

I really hope Jagex are reading these forums to see all you little ****s posting you're going to be exploiting any bugs found, and/or using it to help you break the rules.

:shame: :shame: :shame: #-o

Of those who say nothing, few are silent -=Thomas Neil =-

Jagex tracks suspect trades as it is.

As well as checking out IP's

Such interaction with an unbalanced trade and between two accounts of matching ip access would certainly flag up onJagex system for investigation.

Plus I have a feeling certain items will have price caps placed on them within GE eg all store bought items can't go higher than the instore price

I doubt Jagex would leave such a flaw in the trade system.

We already known Jagex catches ppl trading junk for huge sums of cash on the same ip. So why would it be any different thru the GE?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Plus I have a feeling certain items will have price caps placed on them within GE eg all store bought items can't go higher than the instore price

I don't think they would put price cap because the prices are rarely stable and they'd have to constantly be updating the price caps.

reddragon.jpg

MSSW3-Banner.gif

I don't think they would put price cap because the prices are rarely stable and they'd have to constantly be updating the price caps.

Any item a store sells already has a price cap

Infinite stock update made shops a cheaper way to get any shop item you wanted.

So shop prices were all set just above the stable market price, therefore capping them. If market price matches or exceeds the store price people will just use stores.

Besides all store bought items are stable, the unstable ones are rare drops. eg whips, barrows, rares

Since I only said about shop bought items, my theory did not extend to these markets.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

lol but don't both acc's have to be on at the same time to get the money/item and i know you can multi log and stuff but i doubt jagex would let that happen <.<

d33d15afe02cdbe65e8051919a4e3068.jpg

gwd drops:

bandos:hiltx1

With the release of the grand exchange in the near future, I can only foresee ways to abuse it. If the GE is going to work the way people have thought, as in a player puts up an item, then another player finds it and buys it.

What is to stop a rich player from making a new account, putting up a say 'raw chicken' for an outrageous amount of gold, and the other account buying it, thus transferring the gold and breaking whatever rule number it is.

Discuss, do you think this will be a major problem, or can jagex find ways to build around this if it indeed shows itself as a flaw.

Ah don't worry, we have a system like this is other games, and it's not a problem. And, people selling cruddy stuff for high prices is normal in rune. Ever seen "SELLING SPINACH 5k!"? It won't be a major problem if a player know's what things are worth...

Maybe the item you put in the GE will only be available to buyers when your online? Then that brings up the question of using multiple computers. Personally I say people should make there own money on there alts and not drop trade anyway.

That is VERY good point, and I can't think of any way that Jagex would be able to put up a safeguard to stop that kind of thing happenning...

This stinks , because if Jagex can't get a safeguard up to stop an obviously easy evasion then they may not even release it... <.< :cry:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113