Grand Exchange: Your thoughts?

ego_scorpion

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

number 3 makes no sence

3. Players will only be able to use the GE to sell items, and not buy them

it does, you will be able to go their, and purchase items as well as sell them.

but you cannot place orders of items is what he is referring to, think of it as selling as the positive and buying the negative in a magnet. whats the opposite of selling 10k yew longs? buying 10k yew longs for a set price. and what he refers to is, the ability NOT to offer your 10k yew longs for that price to make the trade "equal".

The gp value of any item wagered in a staked duel is defined by the 'player value'. This 'player value' of an item will change according to any market fluctuations once the Grand Exchange has been introduced.

Sounds to me like Jagex will be controlling the prices in the GE...

I didn't expect them to ever put a stake cap on duels. Now I am afraid they might take away our current trading system and put a price cap on rares.

The gp value of any item wagered in a staked duel is defined by the 'player value'. This 'player value' of an item will change according to any market fluctuations once the Grand Exchange has been introduced.

Sounds to me like Jagex will be controlling the prices in the GE...

IMO from what i read there, the price will be dependent on what players set in GE 'market fluctuations'.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Answer me this: Has this happened in any other MMORPG with an Auction House? Tell me. Has World of Warcraft's prices been driven up?

tbh i really dont know, but was it added in the middle of the games peak? like, if it was added now would items have gone up in price?

i want to know what your trying to get at

There is one problem with the grand exchange that i think most of you over looked. If you will be able to set your own price on an item Real world item traders or people who trade things between accounts will be able to do it much easier.

Lets say a player just bought gold off an online site. The sleeze bags tell you what to do to recieve you gold and they say we will offer up the blank amount of gold you bought for a blank amount of useless items i.e. 1k buckets or 10k normal logs. So then the player who bought the gold puts up a bulk of crappy items for the blank amount of gold he/she bought for real money. The gold seller sits there at the exact ( i guess sub stores for each catagory of items.) Where the blank amount of crappy items is going to show up. It all come into sync at the exact momment and bam they just real world traded.

Knowing Jagex them will implement some catch (like they always do to every update ) to make the grand exchange obsolete or a waste of time. A.K.A the duel arena update today.

prospektssigza4.jpg

you do not have to use the grand exchange if you dont want to, stop worring yourself about it. all this talk about economy and other crap like that doesnt really apply, this is a video-game, not your life!!! if its youre life you better get a job. in my opinion jagex will just lose a bunch of players and make a price were everyone has to sell/buy at, just like in the general stores. srry for flaming all of you but it is true...

Acdcfantony.png

you do not have to use the grand exchange if you dont want to, stop worring yourself about it. all this talk about economy and other crap like that doesnt really apply, this is a video-game, not your life!!! if its youre life you better get a job. in my opinion jagex will just lose a bunch of players and make a price were everyone has to sell/buy at, just like in the general stores. srry for flaming all of you but it is true...

Economy does apply, and i thnink if you play RS you will be forced to use the Grand exchange, we shall see in 1 week. See http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=718195

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Economy does apply, and i thnink if you play RS you will be forced to use the Grand exchange, we shall see in 1 week. See

No way. I don't think in a million years Jagex would go as far as taking personal trades out of the game.

see, im not the only one who thinks that jagex will never go as far as removing personal trades. if you still think they will think of this: if someone only wants to give someone something, do you think that they will go to the grand exchange, put an item in for free for everyone to see and then youre friend has to go get that item...no! Jagex is going to keep personal trades. if people are hot happy with the Grand Exange, just dont frieken use it!!!

Acdcfantony.png

• 2 weeks later...

Althoguh I was wrong in the assumption of how GE will be implemented, I was right about the price drop. Price drop is the only logical outcome when you have mass amount of harvesters flooding the market.

But it didnt stop with the price drop on supplys did it? Furies down to 3mil now? D legs 1.3, whips, dbows, everything is dropping.

I guess I was wrong about rares, or in particular on what will cause their price to drop, butas we all saw that happend as well with the staker change.

I would have resumed this discussion sooner, but I was on a little vacation from TIF thanks to my good friend in economics.

Although I have to say I am glad to have showed that no amount of economic degrees and long previews actualy mean anything when it comes to runescape economy, which is different from that of real world.

I do have to say that the current GE implmenetation is rather dissapointing. Taking away freedom of prices from players slowly. I have been monitoring many prices quickly, to see the rate at which price of certain things drop.

Feel free to resume this discussion from this point on, ignoring everything said prior to this, thanks :)

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

Answer me this: Has this happened in any other MMORPG with an Auction House? Tell me. Has World of Warcraft's prices been driven up?

tbh i really dont know, but was it added in the middle of the games peak? like, if it was added now would items have gone up in price?

imo in wow, after any patch, some items get driven up in price madly

but as for rs, the prices seem to drop

VIX VIX VIX

imo in wow, after any patch, some items get driven up in price madly

but as for rs, the prices seem to drop

You can not compare RS to WoW. There is a fundamental difference between them, WoW is 99% about combat, killing players or raiding instances and killing bosses for loot.

It does not have such an indepth and complex skill system and all the supplys we use and make with the skills.

ego_scorpion.png

Well I have managed to increase my wealth (in cash) by 33% ie 15 mill to 20 mill using the exchange in 6 days of buying/selling even as prices drop.

This is without any need for time consuming shouting in banks and, as I am non member, without the use of forums.

Prices of goods are dropping because they were unnaturally high eg steel bars 600 each?.

I believe the prices of consumerables such as logs, food, ores etc will continue to fall and the prices of rares will rocket.

The Grand Exchange is a great tool for all players ( I only use money to level skills like fm, smith, rc etc). However I do notice that the seemingly more intelligent posters have not mentioned how they intend (or already are) using it to create personal wealth. Nor am I!!

Too many people claim to make $ using ge, but in reality very few do. If you consider certain prices on GE some of the best money makers are gone.

Teeth half 47k on GE? give me a break. Or the prices of dhides, which are dropping, but still. Same with herbs.

It is true, the first 2-3 days when GE came out everyone who was first to sell a particular item made a ton of $. I sold my 3000 sapphires for 550 each, sold my onyx bolts, etc. And then, 2 weeks later, someone sold me 5000 sapphires for 1/5th the price, and was happy to be rid of them.

I do find it ironic that the people who disagreed with me the most are now making their own posts telling people that prices are crashing and what to do / not to do, lol.

ego_scorpion.png

Actually I have made the money without selling any of the items I had in bank before update.

It appears that part of the problem is that people are seeing the game as they would a real stock exchange and ignore the fact that the vast majority of players are not behaving as a business would.

Even my noob character has made a gain of 7k from a start level of 50k.

The true merchant class need to open their eyes and not wait for prices to rise. Prices will only start to rise when they reach realistic prices. At the moment they are still too high.

If you can make money in a falling market I cannot wait for the profit in a rising market!!

I do realise that I am a new contributor to this forum but I am being entirely honest about results. I do apologise that I will not say how I am making money and on which items because this will influence others and effect my own money making abilities.

I quite like the Grand Exchange, made myself a tidy 500k by selling all the useless treasure trail rewards that I have accumulated and was to lazy to sell on the forums.

I'm sure all this panic about the market collapsing will die down soon. Sure prices may be falling, but the Runescape economy will soon steady itself when the players have gotten used to it. Just like it has before for ever other "economy ending" update before it.

One thing that does worry me about the Grand Exchange though. You can access the money/items you have on it without having to enter your bank pin. This is something I'm sure hackers will exploit, especially since when you log on it informs if you have managed to sell/buy your items on the GE. Basically saying to any hacker "Free Money!"

Very well said upthebanner. I dont doubt you have made a profit, I am just saying many claim to without actualy making any.

I am sure there are ways of making money, I mean for past 2 weeks ive bought about 20mil worth of supplys and I still have the 5 mil that I had 3 weeks ago.

I still dislike Grand Exchange because of price limitations and some whack prices, some of the things that were possible before are no longer possible, which is dissapointing. But this is what happens in games, things evolve, new things come out, all things dissapear.

Smart players adjust, some give up and quit, thats life. I do have to say one thing about merchant class. The true merchant class does not buy for lowest market price to sell for high, they buy for extremely low price and then sell for average market price to sell fast, making crazy profit.

edit:

-continued-

As I posted before in detail on runescape offical forums (and I believe the general idea has been copied and posted here by someone else) GE has created a serious inbalance in some skills.

Prior to GE it was possible to buy high end herbs + seconds for a price which would be close to the price of the potion. It was possible to buy ranarr / snap seeds for a fair price and plant them and make some $ out of the potions you make from it.

It was possible to buy dragonhides, craft them, and high alchemy the bodies to make some profits.

When Jagex did their "research" on prices, the prices that they set severely crippled the production industry. Add on to this the fact that people who have been producting potions to gain herblore levels, without ever selling their pots.

When GE came out, the oversupply hit the market. When people see that their stuff doesnt sell they naturaly lower prices. Well, this is going on on a large scale with a lot of things.

If jagex would not have set this price restriction, the prices would not be collapsing so fast on everything.

Granted, raw goods are going down in price because of large surplus of goods all the botters have, which is in turn hurting legitimate players.

Lastly, I have noticed the restrictions on some of the prices. Willow logs can not be sold for less than 22 GP each on exchange. Which also hurts all the possible sales.

All in all, for me GE is a big dissapointment ebcause of all of its flaws and lacks of freedom.

ego_scorpion.png