Grand Exchange: Your thoughts?

ego_scorpion

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thread on GE?

With a very different discussion point.. dont think many people have thought of this. Could be bad. =/

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Sounds wicked, ill be sure to abuse this.

lol, but ya know, after transferring all the money, its kinda pointless really, just keep it on your main file, and use it to help that account, don't waste it on a account that most end up dropping.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Sounds wicked, ill be sure to abuse this.

lol, but ya know, after transferring all the money, its kinda pointless really, just keep it on your main file, and use it to help that account, don't waste it on a account that most end up dropping.

As most people here but i guess you dont know, i make tonnes of accs and they all own :)

errmm... who knows, maybe JaGex might make it so that your sale will only be up as long as you are online. Then somebody can be charged for Multiple logging in.

But there might be something in the news article.... gonna check.

Edit: I checked. Nothing saying "and the most amzing thing, you dont need to be logged on!"

22031_s.gif

I hadn't even thought of that possibility. :o

Jagex is most likely going to find a way to prevent that from happening. Months and months of thought go into large updates like this, and of course some measures will be put into place.

Not quite sure of what they would be. Maybe you're not allowed to put in anything with almost no value at a general store. Maybe a new section will be added to Rule 8 to include this sort of thing. And don't say, "What if someone is really trying to sell chicken for 100k?"

Anyway, Jagex always seems to surprise me. I thought the Assist System would have tons of flaws, but it came out in a way that worked very well.

33vye4i.jpg

2re6ssn.jpg

What is to stop a rich player from making a new account, putting up a say 'raw chicken' for an outrageous amount of gold, and the other account buying it, thus transferring the gold and breaking whatever rule number it is.

The fact that this would be ridiculously easy to track.

Anyway, Jagex always seems to surprise me. I thought the Assist System would have tons of flaws, but it came out in a way that worked very well.

It was pretty good, but it DID have quite a few flaws, most of which Jagex isn't even bothering to fix.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The problem, however, is that now you have herblorists who have processed thousands of herbs, and as a result have many useless or unusable potions. Most likely, this mass of unusable potions would be sold in the GE - more supply. And more supply means a rightward shift in supply curve means lower prices.

I could be wrong but I think there is *already* a surplus of most potions with sara brews,super restore and prayer pots as the only exceptions, imho. If tournaments become hugely popular though it could help as no doubt players will be using supers, range and mage pots to get an edge. :P

Another thread on GE?

yep.

haha that made me lol. :lol:

Jagex will probably think something up, and if they don't I don't think anyone will really care if anyone drop trades..

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

The problem, however, is that now you have herblorists who have processed thousands of herbs, and as a result have many useless or unusable potions. Most likely, this mass of unusable potions would be sold in the GE - more supply. And more supply means a rightward shift in supply curve means lower prices.

I could be wrong but I think there is *already* a surplus of most potions with sara brews,super restore and prayer pots as the only exceptions, imho. If tournaments become hugely popular though it could help as no doubt players will be using supers, range and mage pots to get an edge. :P

Yeah, that's probably true... but regarding tournaments I don't think it'll have that dramatic an effect.

One thing that worries me is that now attack potions will sell fluidly around 200 each (guam price), a price reasonable for even the lower levels. This scares me, it'll means slight combat level inflation :uhh: (Lower levels become more powerful)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Another thread on GE?

yep.

haha that made me lol. :lol:

Jagex will probably think something up, and if they don't I don't think anyone will really care if anyone drop trades..

Stand over it, pick up the loot, and walk away as if nothing just happened.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Anything regarding GE should be considered spam...you have no idea how it will work so why the hell are you speculating?

Thats what you do when you speculate...

By making posts about how it will make drop trading easy?

What makes the author think that you'll only be able to use GE while logged in? It's quite obvious that Jagex would have thought of drop trading as a possibility.

you have no idea how it will work

Speak for yourself. :P

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

This isnt all that creative. People do this on WoW all the time, except with the Auction House (Same as GE, basically). They do it WoW when people buy or sell Gold in real life. Theyll put up a sucky item for a high price and then the gold seller will buy it. Its a safer way of getting gold to another player with out it being as suspicous.

PunkSig.jpg

punk_wise.png

punk_wise.png

This can easily be prevented, in WoW you cannot buy items posted by your own account. Jagex can just track the IP address of the person who posted something on the GE, if that same IP tries to purchase that item (on a diff account) it will not be able to. Or atleast that seems like a possible solution.

quelch.png