Can you dunk a 10 foot hoop?

KnightLite

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I can get a few inches short of the rim. About 6'0" right now.

You're that tall? Hmmm I'll have to measure up at the game tonight or at school on Monday. Wait that sounded really wrong...

Myself, I'm 6'2" and can touch rim. I can dunk a tiny ball, but not a regular basketball. The volleyball season coming up should help though.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

This thread makes me want to die. According to these "Can you..." threads, most of Tip.it is over 6 feet tall, has size 14+ shoes, can dunk, can lift their body weight on a benchpress, can stop time, become invisible, and fly.

Exaggeration ftl.

When you made this post, there was only 1 person who was positive that he could dunk it (besides me), and another kid who thinks he can.

6 feet tall really isn't that tall. If you don't like these kind of threads, then don't read them. It's really quite simple.

Now since I was 1 of the 2 (maybe 3) kids that could dunk, I take offense to the statement you made, because in short, you are calling us liars. I even posted a pic of myself dunking.

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

This thread makes me want to die. According to these "Can you..." threads, most of Tip.it is over 6 feet tall, has size 14+ shoes, can dunk, can lift their body weight on a benchpress, can stop time, become invisible, and fly.

Exaggeration ftl.

When you made this post, there was only 1 person who was positive that he could dunk it (besides me), and another kid who thinks he can.

6 feet tall really isn't that tall. If you don't like these kind of threads, then don't read them. It's really quite simple.

Now since I was 1 of the 2 (maybe 3) kids that could dunk, I take offense to the statement you made, because in short, you are calling us liars. I even posted a pic of myself dunking.

Moar pics or no proof! Hah jk

I'm 5'7" and I can't drunk but I can at least get myself up to the rim.. I hate being short <.<

Exaggeration ftl.

Don't take it personally, friend. I'm simply conveying my opinion on these "Can you..." threads. I am in no way singling anyone out. In fact, I didn't even read more than the (at the time) last page of the thread, simply because seeing pictures would not have changed my mind on the fact that people almost always exaggerate via the internet medium.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I can grab the rim with both hands, I can't dunk though. I'm about 5'9.

To be honest, if you can grab the rim with 2 hands and not dunk with one, I think you're bull-ing. I can only just grab the rim with both hands and I'm easily dunking with one.

I've been playing basketball since about 6 years ago, now (currently 16) and I've been able to dunk about 3 months ago after a pretty short plymetrics schedule. It involved stepups and squats and lots of hopping with weights - was very harsh on my knees. But yeah, now I'm dunking. I also dunked in a game for the first time about 3 and a half weeks ago - my whole team went bezerk.

I'm 6ft 4 and I have no idea what my vertical jump height is. I'll either record a video or post a picture of me dunking from my upcoming training on Thursday. I so wish I was in America, it'd be a dream to play there in College. I play for a school team and a club team - hoping to be scouted for my nation in a big game, soon.

How old must you be to play in College? And do you have a whole college team, or year by year? (I'm from the UK - Don't know alot about America's schooling system)

New sig to come!

Exaggeration ftl.

Don't take it personally, friend. I'm simply conveying my opinion on these "Can you..." threads. I am in no way singling anyone out. In fact, I didn't even read more than the (at the time) last page of the thread, simply because seeing pictures would not have changed my mind on the fact that people almost always exaggerate via the internet medium.

I understand where you're coming from, but I do not think it applies to this thread as much as the others. Ugh, I remember a lot of tifers posting about how "omgfit" they are. They were all bragging about how skinny they are and wishing they would gain weight. Then I saw the same ones posting about how they can bench their car.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

5'5" and can't jump for beans...

Haha if I had to guess I'd say under 6 inches vertical jump.

I can barely touch the net though, I think.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

im 14 and im like 6 foot 1, and i can jump fairly high, im just serverly uncoordinated and cant shoot for [cabbage]

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

To be honest, height only plays a small factor in dunking. My friend's 6ft 6 and he can barely reach half way up the net.

AND, Nayte Robinson is the shortest person to win an NBA dunk competition - ~5ft5 (I think).

New sig to come!

Exaggeration ftl.

I understand where you're coming from, but I do not think it applies to this thread as much as the others. Ugh, I remember a lot of tifers posting about how "omgfit" they are. They were all bragging about how skinny they are and wishing they would gain weight. Then I saw the same ones posting about how they can bench their car.

Glad you agree :) The thing is, I really wouldn't care normally, but this is, when it boils down, an online game forum, and looking at things generally, and by averages, something just isn't right when half of the posters claim to be what they probably aren't.

Thus, we have the basis of my argument. (Again, not pointing any fingers at anyone specifically)

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Exaggeration ftl.

Glad you agree :) The thing is, I really wouldn't care normally, but this is, when it boils down, an online game forum, and looking at things generally, and by averages, something just isn't right when half of the posters claim to be what they probably aren't.

Thus, we have the basis of my argument. (Again, not pointing any fingers at anyone specifically)

They feel like they have to lie. After all, it's hard to compete with people like me =) \'

x843.png

Lets see here...

15 years old

White

Can barely get the net

5'10"

Yeah im horrible :S

Only good thing about me is my ability to run and horizontal jump. I'm a bit of an endurance runner as opposed to a sprinter, so I can run up to 4 miles nonstop jogging, and I have a 13 foot horizontal jump(running start, mind you.)

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

To be honest, if you can grab the rim with 2 hands and not dunk with one, I think you're bull-ing. I can only just grab the rim with both hands and I'm easily dunking with one.

Actually I used to be in the same boat. For some reason it can be hard to learn how to turn the ball over without it popping out for some people. It used to drive me absolutely nuts in high school. I finally figured it out freshman year of college.

I haven't tried to dunk in a while though so I don't know if I still can. I haven't been doing any explosive training and only been jogging for distance so my guess is I can't atm.

Ambassadar.png

I forget who, but somebody in here asked how tall a regulation sized hoop is. I cbf going through and finding it for the quote, but just fyi, regulation sized hoops are 10 feet tall

x843.png