Grand exchange got strange prices

deyan2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ranaar/Prayer Potion prices are WAY inflated.

Last time I checked, Ranaars were around 5K (lowered after herb-cleaning update), and P Pots stagnated at 7K. It's not 7.6K and 10.5K respectively.

Actually in the forums they're the same price, I've been selling Prayer Pots for 10K each for months.

The Ranarr Seeds are way over-priced in the GE though.

The traditional price for rune axes was 20k. It hasn't been until recently (within the last year?) that prices dropped. I'd rather they were back at 20k anyway.

Their price really shouldn't be at 20k (though I'm not saying it hasn't been). After all, it's a 1-bar rune item, meaning it "costs" 14k to make. I think that the extra 6k is just emergency markup, like for selling in seers, etc.

nh.jpg

There's one gripe I have about this particular system:

I have over 1k prayer potions (3) which recently were tagged at 8k minimum. The market price's lowest is around 7.8k yet I settle the price to the regular so people would most likely buy it. What happens is they don't sell due to people automatically setting their bet on the lowest price to save up money... Wait, I'll give a clearer example.

The market price of an item = 237 {216-252}

What people usually buy it for (street price) = 200

My set price = 220

Result: No sales, since the system is very meticulous regarding equality of bets with items, leaving those who price their items at odd numbers (218, 222, etc.) putting items up in vain.

I believe this can be fixed by using a system similar to Puzzle Pirates, in which the buyer can see all the prices for an item and is allowed to view a stock per price... Although that's exactly how the standard shop system in Runescape works, only being more elaborate.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Searched for a few Items/Prices at the GE and had no problems.

Then tried looking at the price of tree seeds and 'items not found' came up, thus no prices found.

Does anyone know if:

Tree seeds if are included and perhaps, I was using the wrong search

parameters

Or are there other common items missing like this, that possibly may be added later?

Yew Longs: 800-900gp (exact numbers i forget) ---> kills alching for lvls

What I dont understand is why would it kill alching. Surely the only use you have for yew longs is to alch them unless you are going to use them to range with, in which case then you only need a maximum of two (one as a place saver). Therefore who would buy them at that price anyway. I know I would not. Am I losing the plot as I just cant understand why they are priced so high above what they alch for.

Deyan i know what u feel like... i tryign to sell 140 rune axes... niot as much as you have but i am bettign in my whole rs life i sold 1k axes.... so if you have double that :S

btw i know you and you know me ;) (tll)

Good luck on sellign those axes!

Deyan i know what u feel like... i tryign to sell 140 rune axes... niot as much as you have but i am bettign in my whole rs life i sold 1k axes.... so if you have double that :S

btw i know you and you know me ;) (tll)

Good luck on sellign those axes!

Great exchange give possibility to sell some stuff to whole runescape, like i sold yesterday in 5 minutes 10 full addy sets using GE, count aproximatelly how much i time needed sellint this on RSOF or on RS Street, in same way i think GE will help to sell AXES.

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

if you r not happy with the prices stop using the grand exchange...
If the other alternative is struggling to enter world 2 just to waste hours yelling about what I'm selling/buying with no success then by all means I'll use the Grand Exchange.

Player Feedback (not whining) is the ideal solution when it comes to fixing problems when an update goes live.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

What I dont understand is why would it kill alching. Surely the only use you have for yew longs is to alch them unless you are going to use them to range with, in which case then you only need a maximum of two (one as a place saver). Therefore who would buy them at that price anyway. I know I would not. Am I losing the plot as I just cant understand why they are priced so high above what they alch for.

thats demand...

We should appeal our opinions on RSOF about price ranges, more people appeal then better i think!

ask stakers if that works

I think we need to get this clear with Jagex: the prices are not flexible enough. Adding to the price ceilings but more importantly lower the price floors of all items would help things go more smoothly. It seems Jagex decided to narrow the price ranges in a haft-witted attempt to make sure people don't merchant using the GE. I say shut up Jagex, and just fix the darn prices. People are willingly selling for a certain price, if a merchant makes money off their back, nobody cares, not even the seller which is just happy to have made his quick money.

2480+ total

if you r not happy with the prices stop using the grand exchange...

I'm very very happy with these prices, but I guess the buyers aren't ;).

Btw this price is changed now, I'm now finally be able to sell my rune axes for 15K each ;). I still haven't sold any of them btw during the time I was away :(.

Game needs a new tagline...

"Stand around doing nothing with millions at the Grand Exchange!"

:D

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Game needs a new tagline...

"Stand around doing nothing with millions at the Grand Exchange!"

:D

When prices settle down and the GE arrives at the new equilibrium prices, will you post apologies as vigorously as you're currently posting complaints? Just curious.

Nature Runes: 310gp each

Hard Leather: 250gp

Lobsters: 230gp (most people sell for 250ea in Edgeville)

The gems prices are also off a little (or so my friend tells me)

ok those are the MAX because SOME people BUY them and SELL them for THAT MUCH if you don't like the prices then go try to find some buyers on forums or in other worlds <.<

d33d15afe02cdbe65e8051919a4e3068.jpg

gwd drops:

bandos:hiltx1