items harder to sell now? or just a hype?

ixfd64

So far there are only a few things I haven't managed to sell 1) gold bars, couldn't sell them without the GE either 2) Splitback set(only up for an hour) 3) Agility potions(3)(been up for a day).

I have sold:

-Mystic set (30mins)

-25k and 25k Fire Runes (2 hours and 2 DAYS)

-700 Blood Runes (1 DAY)

-Various treasure trails stuff, such as Adamant Kiteshield H3 (varied but always less than an hour)

-100 Super energy potions (1 DAY)

-30ish Harrlander seeds (couple of hours)

-50ish Toadflax seeds (1 DAY)

-Dragon battleaxe (5 minutes or so)

-Saradomin Platebody (straight away)

-300 and 450 Adamant bars (straight away and an hour)

-2 Black Masks (straight away both times)

Thats all i remember but theres a couple more, mostly I sold just under the medium price of the price range(although I did sell the blood runes at 451 each which i consider low and was the lowest price available).

So in my experience its not hard to sell, but you do have a big wait on your hands for some items - but if your that bothered then go to the forums or world 1/2 or any bank and sell there.

The GE is a WAY of selling, so if you have trouble selling that item you can always sell it elsewhere.

Also because the GE (I think- someone correct me if I'm wrong)uses a first come first served basis (if theres no blood runes on the market and you put up 10 million [blood runes] and then someone one minute later puts up 15 those 15 will only sell after the first 10 million have sold)it can appear that their are no buyers because your item/s hasn't sold for hours, but in reality there are buyers they just are buying from someone else's stock.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you kidding me? :? the GE makes items much more easier to sell. i got rid of almost all my unwanted junk from my bank for a decent amount of cash. who buys dagannoth bones??? with the GE sold it for a nice amount when i was gonna bury them. ::'

It makes some things easier to sell IF you are lucky enough to hit the items that are not deadlocked. Most items are.

yes, like over priced over inflated nats.

A deadlock to me would imply that there is millions of one item for sale that noone is willing to pay that price for, or that it is moving so slowly that only one or two people are actually selling any product. Refer to nats, fire runes, or maples as prime examples.

If this is the case, then the price will lower to the point of equilibrium and remove the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâdeadlockÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢. Only once the minimum price on these products are what players are willing to pay, or the quantity of product available falls below demand, will the price stabalise and product will again shift.

EDIT: Items I have bought in quantity always at minimum prices are:

10k grey chins (cheap 800k range experience thanks!)

Diamond ammys

Archer helms

Weapon poison ++ (made many DD into DDs, and poisoned some rune arrows to pk with :) )

Half keys

Range pots

Black dhide sets

Snakeskin boots

All have been instant buys at a price I am more than happy with.

What I've sold: Toadflax seeds (made 15k)

What I'm selling: 434 black d'hides, Irit seeds, and 3 other thing i don;t remember :oops: (all up 2 days)

What I've bought: 100 sharks, 43 p pots (3), both bought instantly.

Interesting, eh?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

All I've been able to sell up to now was runite ores, and sells after less than one second.

For all the rest, stayed the same since the beggining, exept I had to change the prices...

I tried mithril bolts at 120 gp each for around 10 hours, and no success. I'm going to lower it to 115 each later.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Amongst other things, I had two white mystic boots in the same slot on the GE for about 2 days before I sold one. Then I sold the other about an hour later. So obviously demand for that item is relatively low, and it took a long time for me to get to the front of the queue.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I've sold about 70m of items using this but you have to set them at the minimum price. There are way more sellers than buyers right now. If you don't set it at the minimum price, thousands of others will and your items will sit there for a very long time indeed.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

As long as your prices are reasonable its sells extremely quickly. Only today i've sold about 20m of goods and bought another 15m myself, uber good xp for me and i don't even have to stand around in a bank for ages either.

It depends on items you're selling. Some normally hard to sell items are now being sold in bulk there and as there's still almost zero demand for them, they are pretty near impossible to sell. This oversupply can be seen with certain items like gold bars for example: I've had 41k of them there for the minimum price since the update and still 0 sold. Why? Because of oversupply.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I had to take off my supers, no one was buying them at all. :( My other stuff sold off though some took over 24 hours.

Sold:

Saradomin Page1

Guthan plate

Dharok legs, plate and helm

Karils coif

14 sweets

Bought:

500 coal

200 bones

3. Unless you sell your item at the bottom price, almost guaranteed it won't sell in the current market.

Not true. Nats were like this the first day; everyone was selling for the rock bottom price of 280 ea, then the next day it was 270 ea... but the lowest that day was 264 ea. Today the median price is 271 ea, and that's what everyone is selling them for. Prices WILL stabilize once they get down to their market equilibrium, some will just take longer than others because quite frankly some of Jagex's prices weren't even close...

And...Hype i still just sell my stuff on the fourms..or buy it at GE if it's something simple like a rune pickaxe bought it immedittaly.

Epee-Signature-2.png

I wonder what the heck you guys are selling. I can't get anything to move, no matter how low the prices seem to go.

Granted, I'm trying to sell lower food chain pots right now, but I haven't gotten any bites with duelling rings, power ammys, full green dhide sets, etc. All pretty commonly in demand prices that are quite a bit lower than what I usually get for them.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? Besides lowering the price, as they are already set at the allowed minimum.

I could of course just pull everything and do some shopping instead.

yup, probably the problem. I threw in 500 games necklaces, and 400 duel rings at lowest price....nothing .....whips and darkbows flew as soon as I put them in, treasure trail items such as blessed dragonhides, robin etc...*poof* sold.....took out the pots, and jewelry. I have 5k bloods up, they havent moved either, but eventually they will, and it beats surfing the forums to sell.

Games Necklaces and dueling rings are a perfect example of oversupply and not a problem with the GE. Look at how many you tried to sell. Now take into account that while they're usefull items they take forever to use up. They require low lvls to make and everyone has just banked them in the past since they're useful but not easy/valuable to sell. I have over 2k of each of those that I could throw into the GE if I want. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few million of each of those listed for sale right now.

If my knowledge is correct, the price for Prayer Potions(4) has risen since yesterday. To me, that indicates a lack of supply in the market, hinting the market for Prayer Potions is starting to stabalise.

That's just one item out of thousands, however.

If my knowledge is correct, the price for Prayer Potions(4) has risen since yesterday. To me, that indicates a lack of supply in the market, hinting the market for Prayer Potions is starting to stabalise.

It's quite puzzling why Jagex put so many items over the current market prices, given how obvious it was that prices would be lower after the GE came out, not higher. If Jagex had just put items lower then previous prices to begin with, instead of higher, we'd already be at equilibrium for nearly all items. If anyone has a theory about that, let's hear it.

It's quite puzzling why Jagex put so many items over the current market prices, given how obvious it was that prices would be lower after the GE came out, not higher. If Jagex had just put items lower then previous prices to begin with, instead of higher, we'd already be at equilibrium for nearly all items. If anyone has a theory about that, let's hear it.

With fairness, how could they have been expected the get the price of every single item in RS to the exact GP, especially in a market that fluctuates sometimes two or three times a day?

They probably took the right attitude, which was that the GE will sort itself out anyway, so why waste time gathering such unreliable data, when they could release the update earlier, and not wait.

maybe there were NO ONE that wanted to buy mith bolts last night? or maybe your price was just to high/low who knows

I find it incredible to believe that absolutely no one playing RS last night wanted to buy Mithril Bolts. Not the most common of items, but there's certainly an audience for it.

With fairness, how could they have been expected the get the price of every single item in RS to the exact GP, especially in a market that fluctuates sometimes two or three times a day?

They probably took the right attitude, which was that the GE will sort itself out anyway, so why waste time gathering such unreliable data, when they could release the update earlier, and not wait.

They clearly did spend some time coming up with prices though, and most of the prices were high. This leads me to conclude that they intentionally erred high, I just don't understand why they would do that. I had no expectation that they would get every item right, but why err high? Or if you think it was unintentional, why did it happen? I mean, jagex has like 400 people working there, 5 minimum wage workers could have gotten every price within 10% in about 2 days of work-- but most prices were high. There's got to be a reason for that...

For starters, they could try actually playing their own game.

Every update in the last month or so, with maybe one or two exceptions, has had huge, gaping flaws in it that anyone who actually plays was able to point out within an hour. Yet Jagex developers and testers spend months on these features and don't notice them.

Some of the prices aren't just little oopsies.. they make it very obvious that the people who chose them simply do not play this game.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

maybe there were NO ONE that wanted to buy mith bolts last night? or maybe your price was just to high/low who knows

I find it incredible to believe that absolutely no one playing RS last night wanted to buy Mithril Bolts. Not the most common of items, but there's certainly an audience for it.

well maybe they did but didn't use the GE alot of people don't use the GE to buy dds's and other stuff

d33d15afe02cdbe65e8051919a4e3068.jpg

gwd drops:

bandos:hiltx1