Is God real post your thoughts!

Joes_So_Cool

Sure.

See, this is very similar to Barney. Can you prove he isn't truly a dinosaur?

That is pointless, and clearly wrong. Half of those are by pure coincidence. If that man hadn't raked his throw-up into a fire, he still would have been fine.

Sorry, i find that very pathetic.

Wtf do you want me to tell you, that they are real? Might as well tell you I walked to the Moon.

Igor_U_Noobs.gif

tweaked.gif

If a man is not a worker, he is nothing.

BOSS.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

You may be a fundamentalist atheist if...

You can make barney the centerpiece of an argument that God doesn't exist.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Meh I dont know if hes real or not, i dont go to chruch.

I just need more evidnace that he exists. A book wont cover it for me. -.-

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I bet you could open up his costume and find a person. And every one knows dinosaurs can't talk.

That is pointless, and clearly wrong. Half of those are by pure coincidence.

Bleeding hosts, documented pictures of human flesh where the Eucharist used to be-- coincidence? Oh, I forgot, that happens everyday. :roll:

If that man hadn't raked his throw-up into a fire, he still would have been fine.

What does that have to do with anything? I am not sure I understand.

Wtf do you want me to tell you, that they are real? Might as well tell you I walked to the Moon.

We don't need you to tell us its real. Its documented. I doubt you walking to the moon is documented. :|

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Wouldn't that just make Christians cannibals then?

This site tells you the misunderstanding of Christians being cannibals, and why it is a misunderstanding.

Doctrine of Transubstantiation

I'll state a main point the article says, if you like:

Since Catholicism is teaching members to partake in literal cannibalism, this doctrine requires serious examination. To begin with, we must determine this doctrine's origin. Is it from God, or is it a tradition of men? Catholicism insists it is scriptural, citing the words of Jesus in John 6:

• "Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:53-54

Though this one verse does appear to teach cannibalism, if you read the entire passage in context, the meaning becomes clear. Right before making that statement, Jesus said:

• "... For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst." John 6:33-35

This teaching is consistent with the rest of Scripture. Eternal life comes through believing in Jesus Christ, not eating His body. The Lord goes on to further clarify:

• "And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life..." John 6:40

Overall, Christians are not cannibals. And, if you meant according to the miracles that happened at Lanciano and other places, notice that they did not continue to eat the flesh or the bleeding host. ;)

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

another thing to think about: the Incorruptible bodies of many saints and blessed people in the catholic church.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incorruptibles

A lot of the saints listed don't have images because they are still buried. but don't tell me they're fake. its been documented unlike, as Cup Lion pointed out, Igor walking on the moon was not documented. there's a difference. and coincidence? are you telling me that the host physically and visually transforming into human flesh is a random, coincidential occurence?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I ever posted my direct thoughts about this. If I did, then I guess I forgot. :P

Anyways, I do believe in God. I view God as mother nature - the force that ties everything together - energy - karma - us - all of the universe in its entirety. The problem with the bible is that it personifies God as a "someone" who can act on his own. I don't think of God like a person - I think God is just a force perpetuating our world into something-ness rather than nothingness.

Nouns such as pain, fear, love, and hope are all intangible - yet as real as can be, merely because of the fact that they are words fulfilling their definitions. I think God was just the word people chose as that intangible thing which is supposed to mean "everything".

I bet you could open up his costume and find a person. And every one knows dinosaurs can't talk.

That is pointless, and clearly wrong. Half of those are by pure coincidence.

Bleeding hosts, documented pictures of human flesh where the Eucharist used to be-- coincidence? Oh, I forgot, that happens everyday. :roll:

If that man hadn't raked his throw-up into a fire, he still would have been fine.

What does that have to do with anything? I am not sure I understand.

We don't need you to tell us its real. Its documented. I doubt you walking to the moon is documented. :|

1. Barney works in mysterious ways. He is magical so therefore he can talk, and if you tried to open up Barney to see if he was a guy in a costume; he may illude you with the vision of a guy in a costume because he knows that that is what you would like to see. Also, 'You must not test Barney' (quoted from Barney's Bible) ,it is a sin. You must have faith in Barney- he works in ways which humans cannot comprehend.

2. Now...Eucharistic Miracles?...

Alot of those stories follow the lines of 'Item A' is put into 'Container A'... and out comes Flesh and blood.

Now i had a magician at my birthday party once. He put a piece of cake into an empty hat; and a rabbit appeared out that hat. It was a Rabbitastic Miracle.

If i documented it and went to several other parties over the years which had the same miracle performed and documented those. Surely this would be proof that Rabbitastic Miracles are true.

Oh and Hitler also 'documented' his life in a book called 'Mein Kampf', it doens't mean that its true or that it isn't biased to suit the authors purpose. Documents are not just accepted as proof for being documents. We must know the origin, the purpose etc to deduce whether we can trust it or not.

Now to the less scathing point. People were less aware of magic tricks in those times so it understandable that they may have believed it and classed it as a miracle. Then on top of that we have the problem of Exaggeration and Chinese Whispers distorting the story to glorify it.

It is not unlikely that a freshy cut heart (which could be human, or the very similar pigs heart- i doubt they would be able to distinguish in those times) bleed. A bleeding heart. Whoopdeedoo. Its a miracle.

And what i find annoying about some of the arguments in this thread is how people seem to think that numbers of stories and numbers of believers makes a false story true.

Oh...and isn't it convenient that these "miracles" don't happen in modern times where it would be easy to decipher and disprove should the event ever occur.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

I don't think I ever posted my direct thoughts about this. If I did, then I guess I forgot. :P

Anyways, I do believe in God. I view God as mother nature - the force that ties everything together - energy - karma - us - all of the universe in its entirety. The problem with the bible is that it personifies God as a "someone" who can act on his own. I don't think of God like a person - I think God is just a force perpetuating our world into something-ness rather than nothingness.

Nouns such as pain, fear, love, and hope are all intangible - yet as real as can be, merely because of the fact that they are words fulfilling their definitions. I think God was just the word people chose as that intangible thing which is supposed to mean "everything".

You might wanna check Alan Watts at youtube. Hes very good in explaining that you are actually god. Meaning, you are everything and everything is you.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

I myself dont believe in god, especially christianity, the bible just has to many things in it that just dont really seem realistic.

And for everyone that says that god is real becouse there arnt any answers for things, like the missing link and stuff.

Well thats becouse we still have to discover it, common, a coupple of hundred years ago we still thought the world was flat. For some things in the world there arnt any anwseres yet.

13zsqpw.png

And am I correct in assuming you listen to these black metal bands (like cradle of filth for one, judging by your name) and think that they are "satanic"? I would hope you are not being influenced by them in your thinking....

I'm not being influenced, but why would got torment the people he put on this world.

~Joe.

Once again, way to make a counter argument. ITS CALLED FREE WILL. He is not "tormenting" us, he IS SIMPLY NOT CONTROLLING US.

Exactly. (Yea I know, I just quoted something like 47 pages ago)

God could make us obey him, come to church everday, and profess he is God, but he wants us to do it out of faith, not because we have to.

And actually, we created the torment, (no, not you personally) but the human race itself is the cause of its pain.

And rofl at the Christians are cannibals post.

Oh yea, and my view:

I am a Christian, and I believe, that if you don't want to know that God exists, and you just want to refuse him, God will not show himself to you, but if you are GENUINELY (sp?) looking for him, he will show himself to you. And God still shows himself on Earth to this day, when the Christian church is under persecution, especially in places like Africa, where it's witnessing a revival, you'll hear stories every day of people, who maybe have 4 weeks left to live from AIDs, just getting up, and walking home, perfectly fine, and even in America, (my own sister can attest to this) Christians in need of money for gas, will amazingly find their gas tanks lasting with supposedly 1\8 of a tank left for the next 2 weeks til their paychecks, God doesn't have to turn the world upside and make the moon into a Birthday cake so you will notice him.That's not who he is, he wants you to come look for him.

Yea, that was prettttyyy off-topic, and that image of the "arguing over the internet is like running in the special olympics" is coming back to haunt me. :?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I myself dont believe in god, especially christianity, the bible just has to many things in it that just dont really seem realistic.

And for everyone that says that god is real becouse there arnt any answers for things, like the missing link and stuff.

Well thats becouse we still have to discover it, common, a coupple of hundred years ago we still thought the world was flat. For some things in the world there arnt any anwseres yet.

Even a millenia ago, most learned peoples believed the Earth was round.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Even a millenia ago, most learned peoples believed the Earth was round.

Was about to say a million years ago we have little sources to say that,then I remembered what Millenia meant #-o .

If a couple of hundred years ago we thought the world was round,how did Alexander Dumas write around the world in 80 days?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Errr. Jules Verne wrote it in 1873.

That's aboot 2 centuries...He did say aboot.

Oh,he didn't.Well,there were some charts in my history book dating like 1700's depicting a round world,I doubt its on the internets though.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

^^ They knew it was round before the 1700's. The reason is that if you watch a boat sail away you can see it disappear gradually.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

^^ They knew it was round before the 1700's. The reason is that if you watch a boat sail away you can see it disappear gradually.

So theoretically,if the world was flat,and you stood at one end,you'd see me giving you the finger at the other?

The reason is if you keep sailing East or West you reach the same land again :roll:

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

No I mean like if you see it sail away eventually you'll just see the top of the sails before the rest disappears. They knew this before they had ever sailed around the world. Even when Columbus sailed they didn't think he would fall off the world, just that he would keep sailing and the distance to India would be to great. Which it would have been if he hadn't found America.

So theoretically,if the world was flat,and you stood at one end,you'd see me giving you the finger at the other?

The reason is if you keep sailing East or West you reach the same land again :roll:

I was under the impression that they though the world was curved, but not spherical. If i could find a picture i would but it is like a lens; curved, but still has an edge.

And if you fall off the edge you fall into hell. :lol:

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

We are humans. One piece of life on this one planet. This one planet is a speck in the universe. Our Pale Blue Dot is our home, where we came into being, and where we share our being with all the other life swirling around us. Our Pale Blue Dot is a minuscule part of our solar system, which is a minuscule part of our galaxy, which in turn in an infinitesimally small part of the universe. All matter as we know it, all planets, all planetoids, everything we think of as like matter... takes up .03% of the universe. Now how selfish and conceited is it to claim that we know the absolute truth of origin? If any absolute truth at all? That's not divinity you're thinking of. That's hubris. Pure human hubris, thinking they're better than the rest of the life in existence here. It's a human instinct to want to be special. To want to be better than everyone else, but how can one group claim they have a hotline outside the universe? Claim they have all the answers? It's absolutely ridiculous, and offensive.

It's just as ridiculous to claim anybody knows anything whatsoever about this universe.

If you're going by that, you can't believe science, religion, or anything else anyone thinks up as true. What a pessimistic view.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream